GSP: "I would come back for the 155 title but the UFC is afraid id drop the belt again"

{<jordan}

That is the noobiest thing to say that a noob ever noobed.

The casuals will make the difference. Right now love him or hate him Conor is the face of mma. According to ESPN the only mma athlete worth mentioning when considering the most popular athletes in the world. The beef with khabib was cemented all over every platform of media. Conor's return v khabib would most likely be the biggest mma fight in years in terms of buy rate and coverage..

Give him the title shot. The muthaka deserves it, after all he's done for the UFC.

What does that have to do with me saying he shouldn't get a title shot if he won't defend it?
He's defended his WW title for years. He immediately vacated the MW belt when he was having medical problems which made it clear he couldn't fight at that weight. There is no reason to say he wouldn't defend at LW.

He's defended his WW title for years. He immediately vacated when he was having medical problems which made it clear he couldn't fight at that weight. There is no reason to say he wouldn't defend at LW.
That's fine. I don't have a problem with him getting a shot if he will defend, I have a problem with fighters getting shots if they won't.

Even without medication, people with this condition can't eat alot or it would make the symptoms worse.
And it brings into question if it was the constant eating which he said he did to bulk up for 185 caused the colitis.
Good point. it wouldn't cause it but it could have exacerbated it.

GSP vs McGregor at 155

GSP could earn a title in a third division while making bank while McGregor has a chance at beating one of the MMA GOATS and make bank, which is more important to him lol.

If McGregor won I would cry like a bitch.

That's fine. I don't have a problem with him getting a shot if he will defend, I have a problem with fighters getting shots if they won't.
no one but GSP himself knows for sure if he would defend. I think he would. You never know for sure if a fighter will defend. But we know at the very least he wouldn't hold up the division, both times he vacated he did it quickly, none of this holding on to the belt as long as possible stuff.

And GSP as Champion vs Conor would be the biggest MMA fight of all time, I'm sure he would take that fight and Conor probably would too. They'd both make millions.

no one but GSP himself knows for sure if he would defend. I think he would. You never know for sure if a fighter will defend. But we know at the very least he wouldn't hold up the division, both times he vacated he did it quickly, none of this holding on to the belt as long as possible stuff.
I'd like to see title defense clauses being included in the contracts for challengers. Where they agree to defend against a chosen challenger of the organization's choice at a certain set date or event (with possible rescheduling) before they even get the chance to win the belt. And they can get sued once they start playing games. That would stop all this shit before it started.

I'd like to see title defense clauses being included in the contracts for challengers. Where they agree to defend against a chosen challenger of the organization's choice at a certain set date or event (with possible rescheduling) before they even get the chance to win the belt. And they can get sued once they start playing games. That would stop all this shit before it started.
they'd have to make fighters employees and the UFC is not going to do that.

Hos oppurtunistic move for the MW title when anyone with any sense knew he was never gonna defend it and saw bisping as a weak champ makes me never want to see this french Canadian guy ever fight again

{<jordan}

That is the noobiest thing to say that a noob ever noobed.
Conor vs anyone at 155 or 170 is the biggest fight for that guy. GSP vs anyone at 155 or 170 is the second biggest fight for that guy. Everyone knows that.

The only problem with this is, they are willing to give McGregor an immediate title shot even though he's "Notorious" for never defending belts, but don't want to give GSP a shot because they're afraid for the same reason.
???

Really. GSP has fought in like 11 title fights and 9 of them were defenses. They were the highest grossing fights.

Conor has fought in 2 title fights....literally 0 defenses....

These two situations are not comparable. GSP was putting his ass on the line all the time when there were fewer stars in the sport. He was a great ambassador for the sport. No arrests, no violent spectacles. The company owes him a bit more respect in this regard.

lets not forget khabib fought someone #11 for the title lol and isnt even the real title

Back