GSP: "I would come back for the 155 title but the UFC is afraid id drop the belt again"

Unless "the man" avoids you like the plague and refuses to fight legitimate contenders. Then "the man" suddenly stops being "the man".

Which is exactly the reason why people recognize Whittaker as a more legitimate champ then Bisping or GSP.

Whittaker hasn't fought in a year, bisping didn't take a year off while he was champion. is Whittaker not the man any more?

stop with this real champ crap. No doubt, Whittakers resume was better, but Bisping was the real champ whether you like him or not.

Silva lost to Weidman who lost to Rockhold who lost to the real champ Bisping.

Just because you don't like a guy doesn't mean he isn't a real champ. To be the man, you gotta beat the man
Well that's your opinion.

i and many others viewed Yoel vs Whittaker to be the true MW championship bout. Michael bisping wasn't even a top 10 world ranked MW fighter when he held the belt. I don't dislike him whatsoever, but his title was about as legitimate as Matt Serra's was when he beat GSP.

Yes he was the linear champ. It's quite clear that yoel Whittaker represented the 2 best MW's on the planet fighting and the winner was the true champion though.

Whittaker hasn't fought in a year, bisping didn't take a year off while he was champion. is Whittaker not the man any more?
Beatin´the Champ is not enough for the hardcore fans, how u got the TS is part of the equation too...

Was disappointed that he gave up the belt after beating Bisping. He shouldn’t be allowed to cherry pick a title shot then drop the strap.

He does deserve to headline fights though if his belt days are over.

Nick/Nate Diaz
Anderson
Conor
Lawler

Would all be PPV headlining fights.

Well that's your opinion.

i and many others viewed Yoel vs Whittaker to be the true MW championship bout. Michael bisping wasn't even a top 10 world ranked MW fighter when he held the belt. I don't dislike him whatsoever, but his title was about as legitimate as Matt Serra's was when he beat GSP.

Yes he was the linear champ. It's quite clear that yoel Whittaker represented the 2 best MW's on the planet fighting and the winner was the true champion though.

Agreed.

So what if he drops the belt, no one but MM holds a belt for more than 2-3 fights anymore anyways.

WME-muzzled Dana does what he's told.
I don't now about all that. Dana was making some lame brain ideas back when the Fertittas owned the UFC and Dana is still making the same lame brained ideas. If anything his leash only got longer IMO.

I think he would've beaten Whitaker fairly easily, but Rockhold would have a huge size advantage and I'm not sure GSP would have been able to overcome it. I know Romero's older than GSP, but I think he's fast and strong enough and has good enough wrestling to nullify GSP's advantages and it would have been a close fight.

I agree. I didn't mention Romero for a reason. Too big for Georges to control, this is a fight he loses.

If gsp truly believed that he would fight both those guys

Gsp wants to pick and choose his opponents. He chose bisping because he’s a joke

Bisping is no joke. He finished Rockhold in the first round. He deserved everything he had. Whether you like him or not, it doesn't change the fact he was the champ.

George was waiting for the weakerst MW champ in history, came back to fight him because it was an easy fight and then he had to fight Whittaker because that was in the contract but he ducked him bad because he had to fight a legit MW and not some old washed up guy.

upload_2018-5-23_20-30-14.jpeg
Kinda funny to see somebody claim GSP ducked a "legit MW" who only has around a 1/3rd of his fights in the division, while the "old washed up guy" has not only fought more times in the same time span but made his MW debut before Bobby Knuckles.

He will probably get the fight as soon as they realize Conor isn't taking it.

Fuck GSP. I got off the train when he dropped the MW belt

Bisping was top 3, many media outlets had him number 1. Get your facts straight.
I specifically mentioned it ‘level’ fighter. They both held belts so obviously they were no1 according to outlets but they clearly both served as the ultimate shortcut to get Dana’s favorite guys the belt as neither were the best in their division. I’m sure this point was obvious.

Isn't conor refusing to defend a belt worse than GSP dropping the belt??

Of course he's gonna drop the belt. He already said he's looking for fun fights..legacy fights. How long do you think GSP would defend? A lot of people on Sherdog already believe that GSP earned the right to avoid defending if he wins another belt.

I am assuming his plan is to beat Khabib and then fight Conor and then drop the belt again.

why doesn't he defend his current belt first when he is healthy. stupid to give him another title shot again

Back