GSP at LW?

Woodley would make GSP tap to strikes faster than LW journeyman Serra did.
LOL! Dozers worst nightmare has happened. GSP said he wants nothing to do with weak competition. So no Nate, no Woodley. Give me the undefeated champ. That is who I want.

There is NOTHING you can say to twist this one. GSP just took the troll right out of you and your sisterhood of hate.

GSP is a professional. If he does sign the contract, he will make weight. Guaranteed.
Well that he is. And of all fighters, he one of the more reliable ones. I don't think he's ever missed weight.

GSP should fight Woodley instead
I agree that makes more sense than khabib or conor at lw. And if he fought khabib at 170 that would make a lot more sense too. Obviously both fighters can be competitive at that weight. I'm pretty sure khabib would still be big at ww. And i'm not too interested in seeing gsp vs conor at any weight class. That's a horrible matchup for conor too. It would most likely be lopsided unless conor clipped him early.

it was all fake news.

notice no where did gsp said he cleared to fight again after dealing with what ever it was he had.
Well when you have GSP's status you do have the power to persuade

Of course GSP can make 156! Khabib and other LW's walk around at 200. He needs to walk around at 177-180 which he's close to to cut that 20 lbs of water weight. GSP has 3 fights left and at least 2 of them will be at LW. Say hello to your first 3 division champ.

GSP needs to lose muscle to make 155. GSP stated that he's 185lbs & he looks pretty lean on JRE. I say currently he can lose like 5-7lbs in fat & then maybe 15-20lbs during fight week in water weight. I think he misses 155 unless he loses like 5lbs of muscle.
Oh for sure. He will have to lose weight (fat,muscle,and water) before he attempts the weight cut on weigh in day. I guess he will be a little quicker and may have better cardio. I'm just taking a guess on the cardio part. I'm not quite sure how that will work. If his body fat percentage stays the same and he loses proportional fat and muscle, I suppose his cardio will stay the same.

The bigger question is why is he picking on smaller fighters, when he could challenge for his own weight class belt, or challenge Whittaker?
Idk myself. I'd like to think he's just going after what he perceives as the money fights.

GSP at Lightweight? At this point in his career?
giphy.gif

IDK man I want to say that's anecdotal evidence. But i've made the same arguments about fighters based off of pictures, myself. However, they were all proven to have failed drug test. The problem is, you can say that all day long. Until you have absolute proof, you can't just directly accuse them based off of photos.

I mean I agree to an extent. But the logical side of me insists that its very naive to think that any of these top fighters are completely clean.

Idk myself. I'd like to think he's just going after what he perceives as the money fights.
Where else can he go? He has no interest in the WW belt, MW didn't work well for his colitis and he's not fighting LHW's on a regular! LW's is what makes the most sense for him on a personal, professional, legacy and competition standpoint.

Where else can he go? He has no interest in the WW belt, MW didn't work well for his colitis and he's not fighting LHW's on a regular! LW's is what makes the most sense for him on a personal, professional, legacy and competition standpoint.
well there's probably some truth to that. I certainly think beating mcgregor or khabib looks better than beating woodley if he's that concerned about his legacy. And the money is definitely there.

His opponents, Wonderboy x2 and Maia, were just as boring. Especially Maia, it's pretty much common knowledge that his fights will be snoozers one way or another.
woodley-thompson I was not boring the second one was but the first one was a realy great fight can we stop bashing for no reason

woodley-thompson I was not boring the second one was but the first one was a realy great fight can we stop bashing for no reason
Correction:

It was a boring fight that had great moments thanks to Woodley almost killing Wonderboy a few times.

I mean I agree to an extent. But the logical side of me insists that its very naive to think that any of these top fighters are completely clean.
To your credit, he did look smaller in the first serra fight. I went back and watched the first fight.Def in shape either way. If he was not cheating, I propose the following as possible explanations:
1) He knew serra was a smaller guy so maybe he didn't think he needed the extra weight.
2) Increased his strength training for 2nd fight after losing 1st fight, if #1 is true.
3) Lighting and/or quality and angle of photos. The one you posted in the first fight looked a little faded
4) He seems to have a little more tan in the 2nd fight...idk how that makes muscle appear, but body builders def tan for a reason. I'd assume it does increase aesthetics.
5) Since the first serra fight was short, maybe he didn't have as much pump than most of his 5 round decisions
6) At one point in his career I know he stated he wasn't big on weight training (i've not done the full research to find when). I'd assume that was earlier in his career.
7) Any photos taken while he wasn't in fight shape I think he was definitely bigger and walking around heavier
8) Any combination above contributing to it all.

Ok I'm done lol

Back