Greg Hardy - Can He Beat Pro UFC MMA Fighters or Just Women?

ive read the greg hardy story and , while its not nice to make comparisons on this subject, in the nfl world his story is not as alarming as some of the others

He is fighting 37 year old Brandon Sayles a 6' 5 (average Sherdogger height) true heavyweight who has gone 5-1 in his pro MMA career. He has won by 3 KO/TKO's and 2 subs. He lost one decision.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brandon-Sayles-67806

Brandon-Sayles.jpeg

29 year old Greg Hardy is also 6'5 and a will probably come in close to the HW cap. He is undefeated against women and has gone 3-0 in his amature career starching his opponents by TKO's in an average of under a minute.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Greg-Hardy-271461

They clash on June 12 on the Contender Series. I am pretty sure everyone wants to see him get beat down but I suppose he is the "A level athlete" Sherdoggers always talk about so he is no joke. Who do you think wins? If he wins, how do you think he does in the UFC?

Also, do you have a problem with him fighting in the UFC? I have mixed emotions. It looks REALLY bad to take the NFL reject into the UFC as he is skum, but for sure he could draw some big ratings. For sure I will watch the fight but I don't like the idea of the UFC picking him up.... so I guess that makes me part of the problem.

Edit....and by "pro MMA fighters" in the title, I mean established MMA fighters actually fighting in the UFC at HW.
Any powerful man can beat ufc hw. It’s a division that has low striking fundamentals, cardio, wrestling, jiu jitsu. So yeah..a handful of nfl guys could beat ufc fighters with no training because they can throw bombs. Chase Sherman for example fought a fat d1 footballer and got cracked clean 50 times.

Hes going to get murdered by the first real opponent he gets.

He will go far if he was signed to UFC today. Most of the fighters in UFC HW are old age pensioners and part time fighters. I'm sure he can beat most of them.

A-level athlete? I believe based on Sherdog hypothesis, he will be heavyweight champ with 9 months of training.
He's only an A-level athlete because he has never fought in MMA. Sherdog wisdom tells us that the minute he steps into the cage, he instantly turns into a washout who couldn't cut it and is actually more of a C minus level athlete.

Back