Greg Hardy - Can He Beat Pro UFC MMA Fighters or Just Women?

BrianC18t

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
He is fighting 37 year old Brandon Sayles a 6' 5 (average Sherdogger height) true heavyweight who has gone 5-1 in his pro MMA career. He has won by 3 KO/TKO's and 2 subs. He lost one decision.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brandon-Sayles-67806

Brandon-Sayles.jpeg

29 year old Greg Hardy is also 6'5 and a will probably come in close to the HW cap. He is undefeated against women and has gone 3-0 in his amature career starching his opponents by TKO's in an average of under a minute.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Greg-Hardy-271461

They clash on June 12 on the Contender Series. I am pretty sure everyone wants to see him get beat down but I suppose he is the "A level athlete" Sherdoggers always talk about so he is no joke. Who do you think wins? If he wins, how do you think he does in the UFC?

Also, do you have a problem with him fighting in the UFC? I have mixed emotions. It looks REALLY bad to take the NFL reject into the UFC as he is skum, but for sure he could draw some big ratings. For sure I will watch the fight but I don't like the idea of the UFC picking him up.... so I guess that makes me part of the problem.

Edit....and by "pro MMA fighters" in the title, I mean established MMA fighters actually fighting in the UFC at HW.

If you think it's bad to sign him why is it cool to make jokes about him beating women?

If he can take a punch he'll be UFC HW champ by end of year.

I actually don’t have a problem with him fighting. Dana once said he’s willing to give people second chances. As for his skill. Who knows? He has 3mins I’d fight time. If Brendan Schaubs athleticism took him as far as it did. I’d have to imagine the same for this guy.

If you think it's bad to sign him why is it cool to make jokes about him beating women?
As if it's the same thing. He's mocking a wife beater, not glorifying him.

He is fighting 37 year old Brandon Sayles a 6' 5 (average Sherdogger height) true heavyweight who has gone 5-1 in his pro MMA career. He has won by 3 KO/TKO's and 2 subs. He lost one decision.

Brandon-Sayles.jpeg

29 year old Greg Hardy is also 6'5 and a will probably come in close to the HW cap. He is undefeated against women and has gone 3-0 in his amature career starching his opponents by TKO's in an average of under a minute.

They clash on June 12 on the Contender Series. I am pretty sure everyone wants to see him get beat down but I suppose he is the "A level athlete" Sherdoggers always talk about so he is no joke. Who do you think wins? If he wins, how do you think he does in the UFC?

Also, do you have a problem with him fighting in the UFC? I have mixed emotions. It looks REALLY bad to take the NFL reject into the UFC as he is skum, but for sure he could draw some big ratings. For sure I will watch the fight but I don't like the idea of the UFC picking him up.... so I guess that makes me part of the problem.

Edit....and by "pro MMA fighters" in the title, I mean established MMA fighters actually fighting in the UFC at HW.
Right now there's no real evidence that he will be successful other than he's clearly a physical beast a plus athlete. Who knows if he takes his training serious or what happens when he gets clipped. Not sure this fight will even tell us much as his opponent is real limited.

Just looked.
Sayles is from Hilo..... Hardy's gonna need all the luck he can get if he's banking on a KO/TKO.

A-level athlete? I believe based on Sherdog hypothesis, he will be heavyweight champ with 9 months of training.

Jesus,
Is there a single thread that doesn’t turn into an attack on the TS, or a poster ? Almost every post has an attack within it that derails the whole thread.

Hell, it took one reply to turn this into a shitshow.

Sherdog is a motherfucker

Brandon-Sayles.jpeg

You do know that the charges were dropped along with the 10 game suspension he received, don't you?

And I guess we will find out soon enough if he can beat UFC fighters and not just randoms on the regional circuit.

It would be funny if another fighter called him Greg "Hardly A Man" for beating a woman. :D

You do know that the charges were dropped along with the 10 game suspension he received, don't you?

And I guess we will find out soon enough if he can beat UFC fighters and not just randoms on the regional circuit.

You do know the charges were dropped solely because the victim didn't show up to court?

"According to the summary in Wikipeida, "On July 15, a judge found him guilty of assaulting a female and communicating threats, and sentenced him to 18 months probation, suspending a 60-day jail sentence.[4][29] When Hardy appealed the decision, requesting a jury trial, the victim failed to appear in court to testify. As a result, the prosecutor's office dropped the charges, citing their inability to locate the victim, and "reliable information" that the two parties had reached a civil settlement."

As for the 10 game suspension:

"On April 22, 2015, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Hardy for 10 games, after the league's two-month long investigation found that there was "sufficient credible evidence" that Hardy had engaged in conduct which "violated NFL policies in multiple respects and with aggravating circumstances." The league's investigation had concluded that Hardy used physical force in at least four instances, including placing his hands around the victim's neck with enough pressure to leave visible marks, and that his actions were "a significant act of violence in violation of the Personal Conduct Policy."[31]

On July 10, 2015, an arbiter reduced Hardy's suspension from 10 games to four games."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Hardy

I am not saying Wikipedia is always accurate... but come on now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back