Greedy adults (my gen, and a lil older) stole halloween from kids and teens. We need to give it back

Carve a pumpkin at least. You can say you don't like Halloween, but you and your wife will likely not be unhappy carving a jack-o-lantern together.
I put some solar powered pumpkins and skeletton heads on my lawn...

I can't believe the moms that drive the minivan full of seven kids from house to house so their fat kids don't have to walk. Usually interlopers from some shitty neighborhood. They don't even close the sliding door on the minivan. The kids jump out, grab some candy, climb back in and mom cruises twenty yards to the next house. It's pathetic.

Is that a thing? I've never seen it.

Sad.

We have “trunk or treat” here. The churches have a parking lot full of people who hand out candy from their vehicles in a “safe” environment. It’s ruining the neighborhood experience.

When I was a kid we looked forward to Halloween all year. Now it just sucks.

Aint nobody got time for no trickin and treatin. We just buy our kids a bag of candy and forget the whole show. Now I get all dressed up and party after tho. I spent around $800 on my costume this year. I'm Sweeny Todd.

Buddy of mine makes his own costumes.

He's 6'7, for context.

1377535_10101364385252947_1249315280_n.jpg

1912231_10101816991925547_2880438979290774236_o.jpg

nobody tricks or treats on our streets anymore, but we don't really have street lights and it's sketchy so I don't blame them

They do more secure events for kids at the local Park, and then on the Marine Base

it's changed exponentially since I was a kid

She probably will too. If you guys have sex in the regular, and are married, from my experience, that's when you both get off at the same time. I finished at the same time as my partner for 15 years straight.

So what you're saying is that your wife knows exactly when to fake it.

bigstock-Attractive-Older-Woman-Winking-85699637.jpg

Halloween stores are nothing but adult costumes, with one little section for kids. Not even a good variety. It's embarrassing that there are more slut costumes than kids, capitalism be damned. The last halloween store I went into had one small wall for boy costumes, and was 80% adult crap. We can have our Halloween parties and yard decorations, that's fine, but now some idiot helicopter nazi moms want Halloween to be from like 430 to 730. F**k you busy body scum-bags.. I don't hand out candy until it's almost completely dark. If the kid is over 5, they better not be there until after 6.

Oh, and this new joke of not giving candy to teens? Maybe I can see 18, but what the hell is our problem? So Joe the fat childless neighbor gets to spend days showing what a 49 year old edgelord he is with $7,000 worth of decorations, fully indulging in the holiday, but if a 15-16 year old shows up in a costume enjoying the night the way you are SUPPOSED to, the edgelord adults are supposed to turn them away?

Our local fire station is sounding horns for when trick or treating is supposed to start, and when it's supposed to end.. Which is like freakin 8 or 830. F**K YOU FIRE-FIGHTERS, wannabe policing something that never needed it, trying to impress the low level politician nazi-loser moms. Take your tornado siren and cram it on Halloween, unless there's a tornado.

Please, please.. Leave your lights on until 10:00 if you are passing out candy; pass out good candy; and let teenagers have fun like they are supposed to. 8th grade Halloween for me was a great memory.

If the kids start coming at 4:30-5, tell them, and their parents, that Halloween starts at sun-down, unless the kids is 5 or under.

The busy-body middle aged fat-ass moms that want to police fun out of Halloween for the kids? Most of them probably have some crap skank outfit that looks gross on them, so they can edge-lord it up with their whoever around halloween in the bedroom. Halloween belongs more to the 6-16 year olds; give it back. It's more fun for everybody that way.

You must not have kids. Those are not slutty adult costumes in the store. They are slutty tweens and teens costumes.

I will make you a deal. The youngins can have Halloween back if they quit making me feel like a pedo just for opening the fucking door.

You must not have kids. Those are not slutty adult costumes in the store. They are slutty tweens and teens costumes.

I will make you a deal. The youngins can have Halloween back if they quit making me feel like a pedo just for opening the fucking door.

Um.. How do trick or treaters make you feel like a pedo? Are you uh, picking up sexual vibes there? Might want to talk to somebody else about it lol

It's more of a "won't somebody think of the children!" Rant..

I bitched about Halloween changing around here in my mid-20s lol.

But have you accepted that the changes to daylight savings time in 2007 are actually part of your beef?

Parents are not really taking kids out earlier, its the same times. Daylight savings time being in effect is making sunset later on 10/31.

School night is a school night, particularly for k-5 kids.

But have you accepted that the changes to daylight savings time in 2007 are actually part of your beef?

Parents are not really taking kids out earlier, its the same times. Daylight savings time being in effect is making sunset later on 10/31.

School night is a school night, particularly for k-5 kids.

It's not dark at 5 in late October dumbass.. It gets dark at 515-530 in mid december.

Back