Greatest Showboating Fail in UFC

Damn, I miss Nakamura! That guy was a warrior. The UFC should’ve built him up a lil more. Him and Ryo Chonan.
I don't think the UFC gave Nakamura a fair chance. They matched him with Machida during his unbeaten streak, which was hard for everybody, then he had that leg injury tko against Sokoudjou, then they cut him. I mean, I guess he may have just wanted to go back to Japan anyway, I'm not sure. Chonan on the other hand, it was hard to justify keeping him. He lost 3/4 UFC fights, all by decision, and his lone win was by split decision, and he wasn't fighting the top guys at all (save Karo, possibly, at that time may have been). I think the UFC mostly just wanted a few of the fighters like Wand and Hendo and they bought out a lot of contracts or gave them their fights and didn't have any intention of renewing them.

Not UFC, but...
wandyvnakamura.gif~c200

Edit: The "Hello Japan!" guy too.
Shinya%20Aoki%20vs.%20David%20Gardner.gif
Dunno who that guy is but that was stupid to do that against Aoki, especially when he’s on your back.

Prime Weidman was so strong in his wrestling and had good cardio, damn. Plus good striking. I thought he‘d rule the division for much longer, then again I just started watching MMA.
I hadn't just started watching and I thought the same thing. After watching his first couple of fights I knew he'd beat Anderson. It's not like a wanted to see it either because I was team Anderson all the way. I definitely didn't think he'd knock Anderson out. I thought he'd lay those hands on him and ragdoll him for a couple rounds before pounding him out. Weidman's wrestling back then was special and he seemed to be a lot stronger than guys in his weight class. His punches seemed to generate a good amount of power too. He looked unbeatable to me until the machida fight.

There is absolutely no contest.

The GOAT lolling about like a gimp on a string with his hands down for 5 minutes getting an eyes rolled back KO by a wrestle jobber collapsing a 17 fight UFC win streak.

Does not come much worse.

Not UFC, but...
wandyvnakamura.gif~c200

Edit: The "Hello Japan!" guy too.
Shinya%20Aoki%20vs.%20David%20Gardner.gif
That fucking AV takes away from your posts. I just like the shit without reading half the time. Good catch on the "hello japan" guy. Lol he had to feel stupid.

lol Bethe is the definition of a soccer mom

but i will go with Silva vs Weidman

I’m gl
Still pissed that Silva fucked around the entire fight before getting KO’d. He’s one of my favorites, but he was frustrating to watch at times. Great highlights though.
I’m glad he got knocked out, his showboating become boring

In the Weidman/Silva fight, Silva got what he really deserved (KO'd for showboating) and Weidman got what he didn't really deserve. (The win against a fighter who was clearly superior to him) Such is life. I can't stand smug overconfidence so i was glad Weidman won.

Prime Weidman was so strong in his wrestling and had good cardio, damn. Plus good striking. I thought he‘d rule the division for much longer, then again I just started watching MMA.
Then usada come in and he wasn’t the same

Holly & Betche was great. Favorite non-UFC taunter's karmic justice was delivered by Dominic Reyes via headkick. It was glorious. Even though he technically wasn't in the UFC at the time, he was brought in to the UFC for a short notice fight the following week( because of that KO) so I am going to add it here, dammit.

Anderson Silva in a boxing match was hilarious. He was showboating like Ali but immediately get punched in the face lol.

oqzlmu.gif

Back