Greatest Match in Pro Wrestling History

The only match that has ever had me screaming at the TV.
All disbelief was suspended.

Greatest is pretty subjective, but this is my favourite

According to Al Snow, it would be whatever was the main event on the highest-selling card in history.

Nothing can compare to the I Quit Cage Match between Magnum TA and Tully Blanchard

Greatest is pretty subjective, but this is my favourite

Well, this is the pefect place for me to echo the Hitman..."Who are you guys, and myself, to doubt El Dandy?"

I agree with everything he said. From 2000 until now, that may very well be the greatest match I've seen. It's one of the few matches I could watch every day and not have to fast forward and the psychology of the match is great which helps the pacing. Heck, talking about this match, Benoit did one thing that I wish we saw more in pro wrestling; there's a spot there where Angle tosses him outside and Angle goes to grab him to throw him back in the ring and Benoit swipes Angle's hand away. Little things that add to the greatness of that match

I'll go with Bret-Perfect at SummerSlam. Hogan-Rock and HBK-Razor were also great.

Last edited:
so the omega okada is not one of the best?

The first time I watched it I was blown away.

I say this as huge Okada mark...that match with Omega is the absolute most overrated thing in wrestling since the real size of Andre the Giant. Not only was it not the greatest match ever by any non weeabo standard...it honestly wasn't even good. It was ok at best, but since Omega is the holy trinity of neckbeard love we're supposed to pretend we all came in our pants over it.

As for matches that deserve to get this kind of praise...in recent memory Nakamura vs Ibushi from WK9 and DIY vs Revival: Takeover Brooklyn 2 jump out. These are the only two matches I can remember in the last few decades jumping out my seat in excitement watching.

I was going to post the same message, but then this match:

Thanks for posting this man, I haven't seen it before with Austin's commentary.

To be honest the Austin vs. Hart Survivor Series 1996 match deserves recognition as well. It was such a perfectly built and worked match. Plus it led to other logical storylines for each of them while at the same time progressing their own fued even further.

If the Montreal Screwjob was a work, it would have to be a candidate.

Back