Greatest Match in Pro Wrestling History

While I don't think Okada Omega was the best match of all time, it's fucking up there. That match was incredible. I don't remember the last time WWE hasn't done anything close to that good.

...I might have liked Okada Tanahashi a little better from last year's WK though.

Triple H, HBK, Chris Benoit at Wrestlemania 20 was five star match a classic.

I say this as huge Okada mark...that match with Omega is the absolute most overrated thing in wrestling since the real size of Andre the Giant. Not only was it not the greatest match ever by any non weeabo standard...it honestly wasn't even good. It was ok at best, but since Omega is the holy trinity of neckbeard love we're supposed to pretend we all came in our pants over it.

As for matches that deserve to get this kind of praise...in recent memory Nakamura vs Ibushi from WK9 and DIY vs Revival: Takeover Brooklyn 2 jump out. These are the only two matches I can remember in the last few decades jumping out my seat in excitement watching.
You're hate blinds you, let the love come in.

Bret vs Owen WM X
Austin vs Bret at WM 13
I'll go with Bret-Perfect at SummerSlam. Hogan-Rock and HBK-Razor were also great.

To be honest the Austin vs. Hart Survivor Series 1996 match deserves recognition as well. It was such a perfectly built and worked match. Plus it led to other logical storylines for each of them while at the same time progressing their own fued even further.

Pretty much any match with Bret Hart.

Hart/Bulldog at SS92 was great, too.

I'll list a few

Bret vs Austin (Mania 13)
Taker vs HBK (Mania 25)
Nakamura vs Ibushi (WK9)
Punk vs Cena (MITB 11)
Joe vs Styles vs Daniels (TNA)
Okada vs Tanahashi (WK10)

Another vote for Bret Hart vs Owen Hart WM10.

At the time, it even made my dad do double takes. We all knew wrestling was fake, but we were all mesmerized by that match.

After getting caught up on NXT...let me that any and all title matches involving the Revival were better than Okada vs Omega.

Omega vs. Okada isn't even the best match in New Japan history, much less the greatest match in wrestling history.

It's already cool to hate Okada vs Omega? That's sad.

I've seen all the other matches mentioned in the thread and it is the best of all.

Acting like subjective likes equals objective facts.

Goddamn internet.

New Jack vs Jack Victory is the greatest match of all time.

Goldberg vs William Regal, Bushwhackers vs Iron Sheik and Nikolia Volkoff, and of course Hogan vs Warrior 2 at Halloween Havoc

Back