Great Republican Lie (tax "reform")

It looks like Corner is a no. Any chance he's lobbying others to join him? This would be great for Flake to give Trump a fuck you on the way out as well.
Corker (typo)? Yeah I just saw his letter on his position and maybe, although Flake has come out as a yes. Need two more to have an impact and looks like Collins is a yes too. The bill looks good to pass barring surprises (like Flake).

Corker (typo)? Yeah I just saw his letter on his position and maybe, although Flake has come out as a yes. Need two more to have an impact and looks like Collins is a yes too. The bill looks good to pass barring surprises (like Flake).

Flake is a yes based on a flimsy promise to protect DACA kids.

Flake is a yes based on a flimsy promise to protect DACA kids.
so what now? the senate and the house have to agree to a combined bill? how likely is that to pass considering the house has stated that the health care mandate repeal is a no go?

so what now? the senate and the house have to agree to a combined bill? how likely is that to pass considering the house has stated that the health care mandate repeal is a no go?

Not sure tbh.

Negged.

If this is ultimately bad for the economy and an impending disaster for Trump, wouldn't we see more Democrats in support of it to pass? So that they can strategically increase their chances in the next election due to this great failure?
No, or at least not openly.

It was basically a done deal once Murkowski got bought off

I also understand that few people will like this tax plan because it personally benefits them. I would also get a tax break but I want to see the country doing well not just a handful of people. So I'm not in favor of such a policy

It comes down to the fundamental question:

Who do you think does a better job with the money? Government, or the people?

Government always claims it needs more and more money, but can't even perform it's basic functions properly.

Look at the prison systems, the state of our military, the Veterans hospitals, etc.

They will all use the money for the fiscal growth of the company. What they won't do is use it to raise wages, which is the bullshit argument that the GOP keeps making. Long term they will invest in technologies that reduce their need for human labor.

And giving the corporations a tax cut doesn't require a poorly designed personal rates overhaul.

In 2004, George W. Bush allowed companies with stashed offshore profits to “repatriate” them at 5.75 percent—nearly 1/6th of the normal tax rate—with the belief that the companies would subsequently use the money on business investment. In reality, a study from the National Bureau of Economic Research showed that “a $1 increase in repatriations was associated with an increase of almost $1 in payouts to shareholders.” https://www.thenation.com/article/corporate-tax-cuts-dont-create-jobs-they-enrich-ceos/

Just saw this

Un-fucking-believable. Throwing all fucks, norms and decency out the window to grab as much cash as possible.

And McConnell has the gall to say "You will have enough time to read it while it goes to committee to be combined with House Bill" when in reality it's known that the House is just going to vote on this Senate bill and pass it quickly as well in a rush to get it to Trump's desk with the next week.

They're all criminals and thieves.

And McConnell has the gall to say "You will have enough time to read it while it goes to committee to be combined with House Bill" when in reality it's known that the House is just going to vote on this Senate bill and pass it quickly as well in a rush to get it to Trump's desk with the next week.

They're all criminals and thieves.
"You can read it after we pass it."

Mitch is one of the most disgusting creatures modern politics has ever produced imo

In 2004, George W. Bush allowed companies with stashed offshore profits to “repatriate” them at 5.75 percent—nearly 1/6th of the normal tax rate—with the belief that the companies would subsequently use the money on business investment. In reality, a study from the National Bureau of Economic Research showed that “a $1 increase in repatriations was associated with an increase of almost $1 in payouts to shareholders.” https://www.thenation.com/article/corporate-tax-cuts-dont-create-jobs-they-enrich-ceos/
I don't understand why wages never go up!?!

The funniest part is by the time 2022 rolls around and democrats have control of the government again and this tax plan is tanking America the scum GOP will do what they always do and point fingers at the democrats and say "this is their fault."

And in clockwork fashion the red state republicans, like the typical fucking morons they are, will eat it up like candy.

If this is what people expected by MAGA they have a rude awakening coming.

The democrats need to bash these morons in the skull daily with this tax plan and make it known what the GOP is doing. They're not even hiding it anymore, it's completely blatant who they serve and it's not 99% of America. Let's not forget they're talking about getting rid of Medicare next.

Thanks red state morons for continuing to vote for these anti American pieces of rat shit

Back