Grappling problem

I agree in principle. However ibjjff does not allow them in tournaments, I stopped wearing them regularly once I started doing tournaments (train how you compete ect ect). I 'll tell you, armbars can get pretty tricky if you accidentally fulcrum one on your testicle rofl. Once again I'm all up for cups for everyone rules, but I don't think this has to be the case with current bjj rulesets.

Oh I don't know I just do no gi and the tournament I went to allowed them

Agree that it might help

Very true.

I stand by the statement that all males should be wearing a cup for their own protection, and if they wear a cup this won't be a problem for others either.

This. The deciding factor for me was, one time I pulled guard, and the guy resisted and ended up in half guard, with knee to groin.

Since then, drill or roll, I always have a cup

I agree in principle. However ibjjff does not allow them in tournaments, I stopped wearing them regularly once I started doing tournaments (train how you compete ect ect). I 'll tell you, armbars can get pretty tricky if you accidentally fulcrum one on your testicle rofl. Once again I'm all up for cups for everyone rules, but I don't think this has to be the case with current bjj rulesets.

They banned wearing a cup in tourneys?

Yeah, no cups in IBJJF. They say it can be used as a weapon. And it's true. Especially from back mount. I recall a couple guys getting tapped from that pressure in the UFC.

But personally, I wear a cup all the time. Two nut shots and I was done. Mouthpiece too.

Yeah, no cups in IBJJF. They say it can be used as a weapon. And it's true. Especially from back mount. I recall a couple guys getting tapped from that pressure in the UFC.

But personally, I wear a cup all the time. Two nut shots and I was done. Mouthpiece too.

Closest was Tony Fryklund vs Ivan Salvarry but it was not due to the cup.
No fights ended vis cup trauma.. i Believe.

try beating it before class?

Oh, and can you tell us what are your partners reaction?

Last edited:
I don't find this that weird.

There's a certain point between bored and tired that boners just show up, this is known. I've had half chubs before a morning class, like waiting in the car for it to start because I'm just bored and sleepy, much like a high school math class boner.

Can't say I've ever come close to getting one while actually training though. Usually as soon as I stand up it goes back to where it belongs.

13385137.jpg

Maybe just before you leave the house in general.

I don't see the problem.

Closest was Tony Fryklund vs Ivan Salvarry but it was not due to the cup.
No fights ended vis cup trauma.. i Believe.

I think he meant more like when Mike Guymon tapped Demarques Johnson with a body triangle. D tapped to the pressure on his spine.

I think he meant more like when Mike Guymon tapped Demarques Johnson with a body triangle. D tapped to the pressure on his spine.

Never heard about that but I know some guys who have cups and use them as levers for their armbars

You can cut it off.
That will solve the problem right away. Dont forget to sew some velcros so you can attach it back when you want to pleassure your boyfriend.

Updated* - Hey guys just purchased K-Y duration spray last week and have been using before each practice. It has worked wonders and would recommend it too anyone who has this problem.

Back