gracie barra patch kits

GBlutador

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
so they have stopped distributing, (maybe to force everyone to buy gb kimonos?) but either way i still need a patch kit, does anyone know of a site that has any left?!?!

LOL!!!!!!

why not just wear a normal kimono instead of 10 gracie barra patches everywhere

my school isnt up tight about that but i want to represent at the tourneys ya dig

If you really do want to represent or need it for some bs rule (unless you're a white belt, then I think the idea is fairly sound and shows unity and cohesion) you can take an image or pic of the gracie logo (depending on which school you attend of course) to some embroidery shops/trophy shops and they can make a template and patch for you. It'll cost you extra but still cheaper then a new gi...

these rules are my favourite

* Do not belch inside the dojo.

# When tying the Kimono, face the wall.

# Refer to Black-Belt Instructors as "Professor" and to Carlos Gracie Jr. as "Master".

# Refer to Black-Belt Instructors as "Professor" and to Carlos Gracie Jr. as "Master".

Is there anything thing about breaking wind inside the dojo?

no your good to go

but you must bow to your training partners before and after a technique

You also have to bow in and off the mats, bow to Carlos' picture at the end of class and bow to the instructor after class. GB is Lol and very McDojoish.

You also have to bow in and off the mats, bow to Carlos' picture at the end of class and bow to the instructor after class. GB is Lol and very McDojoish.

mmmm not really -- because thats done in brasil in some of the academies i ve trained at....... but bowing to a helio picture:icon_chee.....

yeah GB is lame for sure. And there are no good grapplers from GB at all. I can't even think of one.

rule 16
i just want to join there, train every day and wash my gi once a week

EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW

15.) It is mandatory to wear a t-shirt or rash guard underneath the Kimono.

WTF?

Maybe if you're a female or if you're a male with a really hairy chest, or if youre a female with a hairy chest...

Always lurk here at sherdog, but when reading this thread I thought I should weigh in.

After moving to a new town last summer, I had avoided the Gracie Barra school (which was the only place to train) because I had read all the rules and stuff you all are complaining about.

But when I finally decided to check it out, it was nothing like I imagined. Probably the best atmosphere I have ever trained at. They were even cool with my wearing a gi with patches from my old school, which is all I had at the time. Maybe they were more accommodating since I was a purple belt, but maybe not.

Of course I can't speak for every GB school, but don't make fun of it until you tried it.

Always lurk here at sherdog, but when reading this thread I thought I should weigh in.

After moving to a new town last summer, I had avoided the Gracie Barra school (which was the only place to train) because I had read all the rules and stuff you all are complaining about.

But when I finally decided to check it out, it was nothing like I imagined. Probably the best atmosphere I have ever trained at. They were even cool with my wearing a gi with patches from my old school, which is all I had at the time. Maybe they were more accommodating since I was a purple belt, but maybe not.

Of course I can't speak for every GB school, but don't make fun of it until you tried it.

I train GB and its nothing like that rules list.

We call our instructor by first name, we don't bow everytime we walk onto/off the mats, our gis do not require GB patches nor must the top/bottom match, and I hope people wash their gis more than once a week!, etc...

For such a formal rules list I cant believe they are okay with washing a gi once a week.

Back