gracie barra patch kits

Yes some of the rules are funny but I dont see anything wrong with calling your teacher professor and master carlos, master...Hes been doing jiu jitsu longer then weve been alive and done tons for the sport of jiu jitsu..Its about respect.

Meh...some Gb gyms follow all the rules, some don't. My gym doesn't really follow any of the rules set besides bowing after the class is done then shake hands.

Btw whoever is making the official GB Gi needs to be shot (not literally), worse kimonos ever and I refuse to wear them do to lack of quality. Patch kit is also way over priced but whatever.

Always lurk here at sherdog, but when reading this thread I thought I should weigh in.

After moving to a new town last summer, I had avoided the Gracie Barra school (which was the only place to train) because I had read all the rules and stuff you all are complaining about.

But when I finally decided to check it out, it was nothing like I imagined. Probably the best atmosphere I have ever trained at. They were even cool with my wearing a gi with patches from my old school, which is all I had at the time. Maybe they were more accommodating since I was a purple belt, but maybe not.

Of course I can't speak for every GB school, but don't make fun of it until you tried it.

I do train in a GB gym in Brazil. I also agree that the rule of wearing their GI sucks and IMO each student should decide which GI he wanted. However, if any of you who criticized the GB rules knew why they were created, you could have a different opinion.
So, I quoted this guy above cuz this is what all of you would feel when walking in a GB gym.
OSSS

i had trained in 2 GB school before
one of them just ignore the rules completely, and the atmosphere is super friendly and laid back
so it really depends on the school/head instructor

I train at a GB school and have trained at about 10 others around the country when traveling for work, I have always been very welcomed in every school. As far as rules and the GI, I very seldom wear my GB GI, usually an Atama or Shoyoroll with GB patches, nobody has ever said a thing to me. GB may not be for everyone, but it is not McDojo just because it has rules and old school traditions.

By the way there is a guy on Ebay who sells patches frequently, even TAZ ones, good quality

Old thread, but I have to support GB on this one. I train at GB Los Angeles and Professor Crane is very laid back on the rules. The bowing is out of respect for your partners and mentors.

Nothing wrong with showing respect in BJJ.

Back