Gomorrah TV series about organized crime in Naples

We should talk more about this show. I just finished the first season, and its one of the best first seasons of any show. I even like it better than Westworld.

It is more like the movie Suburra than it is is the Gomorrah movie. The series sort of glamorizes the lifestyle with the fashion, bright lights, and action.

There is something about the italian language that just so great for cinema.

Struggling to find HD torrents...

Heard amazing things about this from everybody.

I am bumping this thread because such a great show. We need to talk more about it. If that slow crawling slug of a show TWD can get that kind of love so should this show. Its better than Wire, Sopranos, Boardwalk, Shield, Breaking Bad all put together.

I am surprised one of the movie channels did not pick this up. It is in the right one hour format with no commercials. It may not be in english, but The italian language or neapolitan language really adds to the effect. They should do a Talking Gomorrah series right after airing

This looks sweet.

How does it compare to the Colombian Cartel themed series on Netflix ?

This looks sweet.

How does it compare to the Colombian Cartel themed series on Netflix ?

I think it is a lot better. It is much easier to do a stylized crime drama with Italians in Italy, then with poor Hispanics in a poor country that is Colombia.

I dont believe there has ever actually been a successful, in USA, TV crime drama based on latinos. The Blacks have The Wire. But there just does not seem to be a good one for Latinos.

So theres no english audio? It got dubbed in german.

I am bumping this thread because such a great show. We need to talk more about it. If that slow crawling slug of a show TWD can get that kind of love so should this show. Its better than Wire, Sopranos, Boardwalk, Shield, Breaking Bad all put together.

I am surprised one of the movie channels did not pick this up. It is in the right one hour format with no commercials. It may not be in english, but The italian language or neapolitan language really adds to the effect. They should do a Talking Gomorrah series right after airing

Do you have a link?

So theres no english audio? It got dubbed in german.

I saw it on youtube with english subtitles. It is better that way. Hear it in Italian and read the subtitles. The italian language is great for cinema of this genre.

Do you have a link?

What do you mean? I had to pay to watch it. I was on sundance channel apparently, but I can not find it. I paid to watch it, but well worth it. After I watch first episode, I had to watch the rest of it. I still have not seen second season. The first left on cliffhanger. I cant wait though.

I'm almost done with the first season and wow. Amazing, amazing series.

Very intelligent story line, rich character development, engaging and exciting. Violence is brutal but never gratuitous.

Explores how the gomorrah influences all facets of society from industry to business to banking to politics to the drug trade.

It also shows how the gomorrah's actions affect normal members of the community and touches on social issues such as immigration and drug addiction.

Reminds me of the Wire in many ways.

@MadSquabbles500 I liked it far better than West World as well.

Last edited:
I'm almost done with the first season and wow. Amazing, amazing series.

Very intelligent story line, rich character development, engaging and exciting. Violence is brutal but never gratuitous.

Explores how the gomorrah influences all facets of society from industry to business to banking to politics to the drug trade.

It also shows how the gomorrah's actions affect normal members of the community and touches on social issues such as immigration and drug addiction.

Reminds me of the Wire in many ways.

@MadSquabbles500 I liked it far better than West World as well.

It moves faster than Westworld, and is straight to the point. Unlike, Westworld where you have to figure everything out.

I cant seem to find the second season anywhere. I saw the first on youtube.

Id refuse to watch this dubbed.
Agreed. Refusing to watch anything with subtitles or demanding english audio is just being lazy.
That being said, season 3 kicked off with two more slowly paced episoded where pieces are falling in place, episodes 3 and 4 is where the shit start to kick off and damn it is good.
I knew i did not wait for nothing, i was totally hooked again after episode 3 and episode 4 was just brilliant after that.

I recommend this series for everyone, not saying best but top 5 crimes shows ever made easily.

I think it is a lot better. It is much easier to do a stylized crime drama with Italians in Italy, then with poor Hispanics in a poor country that is Colombia.

I dont believe there has ever actually been a successful, in USA, TV crime drama based on latinos. The Blacks have The Wire. But there just does not seem to be a good one for Latinos.

It's so weird to me that Mestizos are called Latins and the direct descendants of the Latin's aren't included. I understand the etymology of the word it but it's absolutely absurd.

It's really hard to stylize what's happening in central and south America. There was a movie set in the Brazilian Favelas, City of God, that did just that and is well liked but it made me very uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Check out the film and tv series called Suburra. I think its by the same people. Really good.

It's really hard to stylize what's happening in central and south America. There was a movie set in the Brazilian Favelas, City of God, that did just that and is well liked but it made me very uncomfortable.

Tropa de Elite was good too

I thought it was going about this:
latest

It's so weird to me that Mestizos are called Latins and the direct descendants of the Latin's aren't included. I understand the entomology of the word it but it's absolutely absurd.

Hell i doubt even many Italians today are descended from the ethnic Latin people but i agree as a Hispanic dude the latin tag is silly. I'm not one of these damn it.

giphy.gif

Back