Gomorrah TV series about organized crime in Naples

Check out the film and tv series called Suburra. I think its by the same people. Really good.

If you liked Suburra i suggest to check Romanzo Criminale too, like the others it got a movie and then a (imho better) TV series

You can even consider Romanzo Criminale some kind of very indirect "prequel" of Suburra, example Il Nero (RC) and Samurai (Sub) are both based on Massimo Carminati

combocarm-kBSC-U43050261596782fF-593x443@Corriere-Web-Sezioni.jpg

Hell i doubt even many Italians today are descended from the ethnic Latin people but i agree as a Hispanic dude the latin tag is silly. I'm not one of these damn it.

Well I mean this size land mass:
Iron_Age_Italy-la.svg

How many true direct descendants of the Latin's could there possibly be?!

If you liked Suburra i suggest to check Romanzo Criminale too, like the others it got a movie and then a (imho better) TV series

You can even consider Romanzo Criminale some kind of very indirect "prequel" of Suburra, example Il Nero (RC) and Samurai (Sub) are both based on Massimo Carminati

combocarm-kBSC-U43050261596782fF-593x443@Corriere-Web-Sezioni.jpg
Thanks, will check it out. Unfortunately, like Gomorrah, it's not on Netflix (I'm sure I'll find a way to watch it though.).

Check out the film and tv series called Suburra. I think its by the same people. Really good.
Suburra got going towards the end but somehow it was not just that good. Obviously if i compare tv series to Narcos or Gomorrah most series wont come close.

The L ambush in season 5 episode 4 was a work of art some detail really went into that writing. Shows why gomorrah is a superior show to ozark and other so called goats that was only like 1 second of the episode.

Last edited:
Suburra got going towards the end but somehow it was not just that good. Obviously if i compare tv series to Narcos or Gomorrah most series wont come close.
The end of suburra was stupid because it contradicted the previous seasons and the movie it was based on they killed off characters that are alive in the movie and this is supposed to be a prequel

The L ambush in season 5 episode 4 was a work of art some detail really went into that writing. Shows why ozark is a superior show to ozark and other so called goats that was only like 1 second of the episode.

go on.....

Already seen it but does it tell me why "ozark is a superior show to ozark "?
Better writing,cinematography,acting, it makes call backs to things that end up mattering im not going to break down 5 seasons.

Better writing,cinematography,acting, it makes call backs to things that end up mattering im not going to break down 5 seasons.

So thats why Ozark is better than Ozark?

Solid show. One of the all time greats.

Final season felt rushed, but they had to get it done through COVID so I’m not blaming them.

One of my all-time favorite shows and would be my all-time favorite if it wasn't for the last season. The show went from a 10/10 to a 1/10 in the last season. Complete and utter garbage. Season 5 made absolutely no sense and should have never went in the direction it did. It was dumb, overdramatic and filled with plot holes. It didn't even connect to Season 4, which I did enjoy.

Once e2 ended I knew we were in trouble. There were a ton of ways Genny and Ciro could have hashed out their beef but Genny decided to throw a tantrum and lock up Ciro for life in a gulag. Genny and Ciro should have teamed up against the Levante's and The Gentleman and his wife. Blueblood was a shell of his former self which made no sense considering hs was the head hancho of his area. The dialogue was just bad and seemed out of character for some, especially Ciro. I also didn't like Ciro being portrayed as some messiah holed up in some bunker with barrels on fire. He's a fan favorite so I get why they did it, but man, it was just really dumb. They tried to make Genny out to be the bad guy but by the end of the season I wanted Ciro dead more. Overall 5/10 Season and really ruined the show.

Great series but I was really disappointed by the last season. It’s controversial but I preferred suburra

One of my all-time favorite shows and would be my all-time favorite if it wasn't for the last season. The show went from a 10/10 to a 1/10 in the last season. Complete and utter garbage. Season 5 made absolutely no sense and should have never went in the direction it did. It was dumb, overdramatic and filled with plot holes. It didn't even connect to Season 4, which I did enjoy.

Once e2 ended I knew we were in trouble. There were a ton of ways Genny and Ciro could have hashed out their beef but Genny decided to throw a tantrum and lock up Ciro for life in a gulag. Genny and Ciro should have teamed up against the Levante's and The Gentleman and his wife. Blueblood was a shell of his former self which made no sense considering hs was the head hancho of his area. The dialogue was just bad and seemed out of character for some, especially Ciro. I also didn't like Ciro being portrayed as some messiah holed up in some bunker with barrels on fire. He's a fan favorite so I get why they did it, but man, it was just really dumb. They tried to make Genny out to be the bad guy but by the end of the season I wanted Ciro dead more. Overall 5/10 Season and really ruined the show.

Yeah first 2 seasons are like tv goat level

S3 was very good as well then it kinda starts to fall,

Last edited:
Rewatching it.
One of the most idiotic shows about organize crime.

In s01e02 Don Petey pisses in a glass and makes Ciro drink the piss right after telling him he'll make him #2.
Way to inspire loyalty in one's own subjects.

I somehow missed it watching the first time.

WTF?!!

Last edited:
Is it dubbed decent? I hate subtitles and been wanting to check this out but always pass as it's in Italian.

Back