going to korea soon, need a decent gi

theres a gi thats made in korea.

its called strata, and its not that bad.

you can get alot of japanese style bjj gis in korea so don't worry too much. it might even fit you better if you're asian!

have fun

Not sure what is with people recommending expensive, heavy, hot double-weave judogis. He does BJJ and they sell BJJ gis of all kinds in Korea.

is this any good though? i was going to buy one from padilla & sons :O

I did not tried them but I have seen them. good cut and teamate never complained about it.

Not sure how much they charge for delivery to CHC.

Musoolsa is a pure jiu jitsu gi. A very high quality single weave.

Strata is also a legit company. They have an entry level at a bout 90 USD and are coming out with a fancier (more patches, embroidery, contrast stitching, etc.) model soon.

"if u want a gi that will last through training 4-5 days a week, judo and bjj, get a mizuno double weave eurocomp, if it's available in your size.

i wore my first one for several years doing judo and bjj 4-5 days a week, and it was the ONLY gi i had at the time. made it through every competition, and didn't tear until this past year, got it double stitched and it's been fine since then."

There are not many dryers in Korea. So if you want to train nearly every day you will need two gis, no matter how tough they are.

DO NOT GET A HAYABUSA GI!!! Get a keiko summer gi or a gamness!

I'll be training in Seoul, for couple months only though :)

I just emailed Padilla & Sons asking how much it would cost for the shipping to Korea.

My last gi ripped in 5 months, so I just want something that would last at least an year...

So mostly, I'll be training in New Zealand :) hottest summer would be 28c~32c but I would be in Korea during summer time XD

If you order a Padilla and Sons get a size up. If your an A3 in just about any other reputable brand you will be an A4 in a Padilla.

If you order a Padilla and Sons get a size up. If your an A3 in just about any other reputable brand you will be an A4 in a Padilla.

hat hasn't been my experience. I am an A3 and the P&S A3 is actually a little bigger than my Atama, the sleeves are a little longer too (which I like, because the Atama sleeves are too short)

That said, I didn't realize you were in NZ now. I would just get a local gi when you get to Korea.. just the shipping could probably buy you some pants.

Not sure what is with people recommending expensive, heavy, hot double-weave judogis. He does BJJ and they sell BJJ gis of all kinds in Korea.

1.- Korea is a cold place, even their summers are mild.

2.- Only one guy said something about a judogi.

3.- There are double weave BJJ gis, i mentioned Atama DW someone else mentioned Isami.

4.- Not all double weaves are Adidas champions, my Mizuno Supreme is probably as heavy as a solid goldweave, and its very cool to train with.

5.- Training with a heavy gi keeps you warm in winter.

I dont know why all the craze about light gis, sure some look amazing but others are basically single weaves sold at the price of a solid double weave or goldweave.

If you want a single weave get a judogi, if you want a lightweight get ripstop, personally i wouldnt spend more than $100 unless its gold or double, BJJ or not.

get a mizuno. anything else would pale in comparison. unless you get a kusakura.

1.- Korea is a cold place, even their summers are mild.
5.- Training with a heavy gi keeps you warm in winter.

From a Korean who has lived in Korea for many years, the summers aren't the hottest (rarely over 100deg) but they are very humid. Much more so than here in DC. You'll be miserable without AC. And even in winter, rolling should keep you warm enough--don't need a thick gi.

But I've never trained in Korea and maybe your gym will be well air-conditioned, so take my advice with caution. :p

hat hasn't been my experience. I am an A3 and the P&S A3 is actually a little bigger than my Atama, the sleeves are a little longer too (which I like, because the Atama sleeves are too short)

That said, I didn't realize you were in NZ now. I would just get a local gi when you get to Korea.. just the shipping could probably buy you some pants.

I have owned 4 atamas 1 koral 2 fushidas and 2 padilla. I can honestly tell you that the padillas are a full size smaller then the other 7 gi's. The first one I got was a gold weave and it shrunk to an A2, so I tried the ultralight which just came out and it ended up shrinking to a A2. What sucks is that mr padilla even recommended the A3 for me. Watever. I will never do business with them again.

Back