News GLORY FW Champ Petchpanomrung will fight for the RISE title against Kento Haraguchi on Aug 21.

Ultimately this is a good thing because you are seeing promotions start to work together. We just had RISE/K-1, Enfusion/Glory, RISE/Glory - lets connect all the dots here. You probably can't get ONE in that fold unfortunately, but imagine if we could get a card with RISE/K-1/Glory/Enfusion. That would be dope as those promotions are all lacking in certain areas, but combined could put on some great cards. I may be dreaming but the current fragmented state of Kickboxing is why it sucks. There just isn't that much high level talent in all divisions to support so many promotions.

My hope is that the kickboxing organizations will eventually get to where the WBC, WBO, WBA, and IBF belts are for boxing. Having four belts isn't an ideal situation, but it would at least allow for more inter-promotional stuff than we have gotten in the past and may lead to cool stuff like unification bouts. Of course, I may be way off, too.

this partnership with Rise is stupid, japanese KB orgs are mainly focused on 65kg- less fighters

The one with enfusion makes more sense, but nowadays enfusion haves only a few guys that could compete well
Their lack of depth in lower weight classes is exactly why they partnered with the Japanese

Their lack of depth in lower weight classes is exactly why they partnered with the Japanese

It's not lack of depth Glory has in the lower divisions, it's that Glory doesn't actually have the weight divisions RISE does.

- Glory's lowest division is 64 or 65kg.
- RISE's best divisions are 51.5kg, 53kg, 55kg, 57.5kg and 60kg.

RISE has Kosei at 65kg, and Kento only moved up from 63 to 65kg for the Petch fight, so i apart from having the women fight i don't really see the point of this partnership.

so i apart from having the women fight i don't really see the point of this partnership.
To get a couple fights for Petch/Tiffany so they're less pissed about not having any fights and to help get the Glory event machine going again. Funny if they just stopped doing the Rivals events in favour of regular Glory events starting 2022. Thanks for helping us kickstart our tv deals bye.

To get a couple fights for Petch/Tiffany so they're less pissed about not having any fights and to help get the Glory event machine going again. Funny if they just stopped doing the Rivals events in favour of regular Glory events starting 2022. Thanks for helping us kickstart our tv deals bye.

There's only like 2 guys for Petch to fight, and the girls in RISE would have to come up in weight. Glory can do whatever they wanna do though i guess.

I know it wouldn't be possible with K1's shithead prez, but Glory x K1 would have been much better as K1 has a nice spread of talent from 65kg to 70kg, and then there's Sattari at CW.

I don't think it's all just about getting Glory's few lower weight class guys fights, it's about getting other lower weight class guys from these promotions to help fill out a card.

Case in point:

I know we like to bag on Glory for obvious reasons, but Kickboxing promotions partnering is a GOOD thing. Go back in the golden days of K-1, they were partnering up all over the world to farm fighters and help keep the sport active.

I don't think it's all just about getting Glory's few lower weight class guys fights, it's about getting other lower weight class guys from these promotions to help fill out a card.

Case in point:

I know we like to bag on Glory for obvious reasons, but Kickboxing promotions partnering is a GOOD thing. Go back in the golden days of K-1, they were partnering up all over the world to farm fighters and help keep the sport active.

I hear what you're saying, i do, but again Naoki fights at 63kg normally so Glory is really only partnering with RISE for Petch's division and the girls.

Not saying it's a bad thing, i just find it a weird partnership for 1 male division. Unless they plan to bring in RISE guys 60kg and under...

im sure that glory have no plans on making a male division lower than 65kg

with that being said, they can match well with enfusion(who haves FW to HW fighters), but most of them are low-mid lvl, thats the problem.

Imagine if some crazy stuff happened and One FC partnered with Glory...would be really good for the sport

Petch really needs to leave Glory for ONE. He is now stuck fighting and losing to Chujaroen for eternity for pennies. Glory clearly has no one to fight him, which is why he has to beg to fight in Rise again and again.

Petch really needs to leave Glory for ONE. He is now stuck fighting and losing to Chujaroen for eternity for pennies. Glory clearly has no one to fight him, which is why he has to beg to fight in Rise again and again.
Unfortunately he literally just signed a new contract with Glory so no chance of that happening in the remote future.

He's been getting Muay Thai fights though. Keeps getting matched up against Chujaroen Dabransarakarm. Lost 3 fights and won 1 against him.

I am pretty sure ONE is going bankrupt next year.

Hmm, Chatri has been very good at tricking stupid venture capitalists to fund it, so that is unlikely...unless the recession hit really hard this year and venture capitalists demand Chatri to open the book to see where their money went.

unless the recession hit really hard this year and venture capitalists demand Chatri to open the book to see where their money went.

This is what I think is going to happen. And I am rooting for this NOT happening.

Unfortunately he literally just signed a new contract with Glory so no chance of that happening in the remote future.

He's been getting Muay Thai fights though. Keeps getting matched up against Chujaroen Dabransarakarm. Lost 3 fights and won 1 against him.
Didn’t get to see their last fight as of now, but did Petch lose decisively?

Been told to wait for the official announcement.

They did a press conference to announce it so you should be ok now.

Also, Kaito Ono vs Samo Petje (not sure of the spelling) is on the card too, and a RISE representative said that with a win here they'd be looking to match Kaito against Beztati for the Glory 70kg belt. Ryota Nakano vs Chad Collins is also on the card, with Kosei Yamada vs a yet to be announced opponent.

Interestingly, originally it was supposed to be Kento vs Zakaria Zouggary, but Zouggary refused to get the covid jab so it got scrapped.

Last edited:
Back