News GLORY FW Champ Petchpanomrung will fight for the RISE title against Kento Haraguchi on Aug 21.

But why? Kento looked lost and tentative against Petch last time they fought so what is the point? Also, Naoki is champ at 63kg and Kosei is champ at 65kg... so what belt are they fighting for?

The only thing this fight proves is that Glory has no idea what to do with Petch.

Petch tatooed his body with high and mid kicks, even was able to land more punches...I can see the 2nd fight going the same way

Petch is just too smart and strong for him, and is another thai that knows well how to score on KB, they should bring another Glory guy to face another RISE fighter.

The only thing this fight proves is that Glory has no idea what to do with Petch.

You probably already know but he has signed another 2 year contract with Glory but they're allowing him to fight MT and KB in other organizations at will.

Until they actually schedule a card and find him an opponent, there's not much more they can do.

i wish glory FW´s to WW moved to One Fc, glory at this point only can have their name in the sportlight( a weak on nowadays) beucause of the heavyer wigth classes

Imagine a FW tournament on One FC, one just like that Petro won, would be amazing

You probably already know but he has signed another 2 year contract with Glory but they're allowing him to fight MT and KB in other organizations at will.

Until they actually schedule a card and find him an opponent, there's not much more they can do.

I already knew about the contract stuff yeah, but I mean, if they can't find him an opponent why bother keeping him?

It's not like they're scheduling fights for anyone in his division apart from Zougary anyway. Just seems pointless to me.

Petch tatooed his body with high and mid kicks, even was able to land more punches...I can see the 2nd fight going the same way

Petch is just too smart and strong for him, and is another thai that knows well how to score on KB, they should bring another Glory guy to face another RISE fighter.

Glory doesn't have anything below Petch's division worth fighting RISE guys, unless you count women, and RISE doesn't have anything meaningful above 65kg which is Petch's division.

Glory doesn't have anything below Petch's division worth fighting RISE guys, unless you count women, and RISE doesn't have anything meaningful above 65kg which is Petch's division.
Kaito Ono could make 70kg and fight Beztati

but yeah, only one fc haves elite guys above 65kg and below 77kg

this partnership with Rise is stupid, japanese KB orgs are mainly focused on 65kg- less fighters

The one with enfusion makes more sense, but nowadays enfusion haves only a few guys that could compete well

Kaito Ono could make 70kg and fight Beztati

but yeah, only one fc haves elite guys above 65kg and below 77kg

He could but he'd be the only one. RISE best divisions are 53kg, 55kg, 58kg, and those are divisions that Glory just doesn't use. I'm really confused by this partnership unless it was made purely to let Petch and the women fight RISE guys. I would much rather have seen Petch vs Gonnapar at The Match but oh well.

He could but he'd be the only one. RISE best divisions are 53kg, 55kg, 58kg, and those are divisions that Glory just doesn't use. I'm really confused by this partnership unless it was made purely to let Petch and the women fight RISE guys. I would much rather have seen Petch vs Gonnapar at The Match but oh well.
Agreed
but to be fair, Van Soest smocked an Rise girl in the title fight in less than 2 complete rounds, i hope Rise havves better woman kickboxers to face Van Soest

yeah, Ono in basically the only that can fight against glory fighters.

My Dream is that K-1 and Rise had annual events with K-1 vs RISE fighters , would be fun just like we had in "the Match"

im not deep into deep J-kick, but from what that i saw, the matches were just because of Tenshin vs Takeru, an also, both orgs have plenty of fighters under 65kg, being themselfs self proficient in matchups.

I already knew about the contract stuff yeah, but I mean, if they can't find him an opponent why bother keeping him?

It's not like they're scheduling fights for anyone in his division apart from Zougary anyway. Just seems pointless to me.

They might have something in the work for him. I mean they've let a lot of their other fighters go and perhaps they want to hold onto him for some fights in the making.

To be honest as long as he's able to fight elsewhere in the meantime I don't have a problem with it. If they had an exclusivity agreement with him that would suck.

Ultimately this is a good thing because you are seeing promotions start to work together. We just had RISE/K-1, Enfusion/Glory, RISE/Glory - lets connect all the dots here. You probably can't get ONE in that fold unfortunately, but imagine if we could get a card with RISE/K-1/Glory/Enfusion. That would be dope as those promotions are all lacking in certain areas, but combined could put on some great cards. I may be dreaming but the current fragmented state of Kickboxing is why it sucks. There just isn't that much high level talent in all divisions to support so many promotions.

When Tiffany fought the RISE champion last March it was for the Glory title.
And now Petch and Kento are fighting, but for the RISE title?

The RISE champion (Kobayashi) came over and fought on a Glory card. Petch is doing the same but in reverse, fighting on a RISE card.
Okay yeah that would be it I think.
Tiffany vs Kobayashi indeed was a ‘Rivals’ fight on a regular Glory card, while Petch will fight on a Glory Rivals RISE card

Okay yeah that would be it I think.
Tiffany vs Kobayashi indeed was a ‘Rivals’ fight on a regular Glory card, while Petch will fight on a Glory Rivals RISE card

Tiffany vs Kobayashi was such a dumb matchup too. Kobayashi had to jump up 10lbs for that fight.

Tiffany vs Kobayashi was such a dumb matchup too. Kobayashi had to jump up 10lbs for that fight.
Yeah and it showed
Total domination by Tiffany. Never saw her that good before

Yeah and it showed
Total domination by Tiffany. Never saw her that good before

Kobayashi isn't on Tiffany's level anyway, but making a 10lb jump is just stupid. If they're willing to do that for Tiffany why don't they ask Petch to go up to 70kg and fight Beztati or whoever else is up there in Glory.

Kobayashi isn't on Tiffany's level anyway, but making a 10lb jump is just stupid. If they're willing to do that for Tiffany why don't they ask Petch to go up to 70kg and fight Beztati or whoever else is up there in Glory.
Not too long ago I thought Petch would walk through Tyjani without much trouble tbh, but that new improved version of Beztati is looking good man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back