Glory 38 Chicago [February 24th]

great little tournament.

I think Petpanomrung can win but I'm afraid he won't be ready for RvR under KB rules.

Because this guy is a lot like the last guy Petpanomrung fought in Glory. An almost exclusive puncher makes it so Petpanomrung can fight at a preferred distance and just kick. Petpanomrung has a really good teep and IIRC didn't use it much at all in his first Glory fight and still had no trouble keeping his opponent away.

It's a tournament though isn't it? Fighting against Adamchuk (assuming he wins, he did beat Boynazarov before) is a good enough test under kickboxing rules

Because this guy is a lot like the last guy Petpanomrung fought in Glory. An almost exclusive puncher makes it so Petpanomrung can fight at a preferred distance and just kick. Petpanomrung has a really good teep and IIRC didn't use it much at all in his first Glory fight and still had no trouble keeping his opponent away.
You've actually seen the guy he's going to fight? This is the first I've even heard of him.

Really? They don't seem that similar to me. This guy seems a lot more cautious than Renita did. Renita was content to just wade straight forward and let his arms get wood chippered in order to try and get in close. He didn't try to defend or counter kicks or anything, he just tried to march forward and punch. Contrast that with the way this new guy fights here:

I'm not saying this will change the result, but they don't strike me as all that similar.

Last edited:
Really? They don't seem that similar to me. This guy seems a lot more cautious than Renita did. Renita was content to just wade straight forward and let his arms get wood chippered in order to try and get in close. He didn't try to defend or counter kicks or anything, he just tried to march forward and punch. Contrast that with the way this new guy fights here:

I'm not saying this will change the result, but they don't strike me as all that similar.

Yeah, you're right.

Fw tourny was in glory 39 right? Im a bit confused now

Moroșanu is preparing to make his GLORY debut. Like all fighters, his ultimate goal is to one day be champion, but he is not making any bold statements at this stage. With the natural caution of a lawyer, Moroșanu is taking it one step at a time.

“GLORY is the biggest kickboxing organization in the world, the biggest platform, and for me it is an honor to be here. I wanted to be here for a long time but I had to honor contractual agreements in Romania,” he says.

I have a three-fight contract now and I am at the beginning. I want to win all three fights, it's very important to win this debut and then the rest, and then maybe next year I can fight the top five in GLORY. But for now I am a new entry and I must win my fights and demonstrate that next year I can be on top.”

http://www.glorykickboxing.com/en/news/view/1226

You are lucky, because Cluj Napoca is waiting them and Glory still postponing.

You are lucky, because Cluj Napoca is waiting them and Glory still postponing.
im glad that this market is aiming Brazil as a direct potential consomer now

depending on how good numbers the glory of heroes and glory event bring,they are going to establish events in here for sure,especially the chinese promotions(Glory of heroes at the moment)

Brazil haves a big and diverse commercial relation with China and it tend to get bigger and bigger,especially from now where the country is recovering well of the economic crisis

im curious on how the Brazilian glory card is going to be

im sure of some things:

1)with Alex Pereira winning the MW contender tournament in glory 40(where he is the huge favorite IMO,i dont see Belgaroui defeating him and he can deal with Preteni without a doubt),they are going to put Alex to face the winner of the Marcus-Wilnis rematch in the Glory Brazilian event(i hope and i bet that it is going to be wilnis),maybe it was one of the reasons that they dont gave Adesanya a slot in it,they want to increase more possibility to have Pereira winning the contender tournament and fighting against Wilnis in brazil,what would be a good ticket seller here.

2)they are going to bring Guto Inocente to fight in it,i dont think he is going to beat Saddik for sure,but if some miracle happen or a inactive fight where he usually brings against good opponents(his fight style kinda kill the fight against guys who can fight back,like his robbed victory against Gerges),they are going to give him a title fight to challenge Verhoeven here in brazil

3)they are going to use WGP(or former WGP) fighters in it to sell well,Micheletti,Cavalari,Emerson Falcão,as long as a kickboxing fan i would rather to see International world class fighters live like Sitthichai,RVR,Verhoeven,i think they are going to be cautious doing this event more like a "test",where if they do good,they are going to be back here again,this is why i think that this event will be more countryman than any other glory has made,unfortunately,they never made a show in this region of the world,so they are not going to risk too much bringing too much outsiders to fight here,what is a pity as being a Kickboxing fan,and it is probably going to be a mistake,because Brazilian people love to see people from different parts of the world in any kind of event,fan base works well here as any place of the planet,but i doubt that are many countries open to new experiences like here,i hope they figure it out and bring a good card with top level kickboxers from many parts of the world,it haves a lot of impact here,people consider on being part of an international event represented by people from all over the world a lot here,but a very very lot,it comes to be futile sometimes,but glory can use it on their favor if they figure it out

Back