Glory 38 Chicago [February 24th]

i know they had a road to glory event in brazil last year after a hemmers gym popped up

Great tournement :) I see illunga winning this.

Adegbuyi/Silva perfectly illustrates the sad state of HW kickboxing at the moment. Main card is pretty solid though... LHW is actually fairly interesting at the moment.

Adegbuyi vs. Silva is very interesting. Adegubyi is massive talent, Braddock a solid opponent. Only in your mind Silva isn"t a respectable fighter. He would have easily fought even in K-1. He"s with nothing under Saulo Cavalari, actually he"s a more known name than him.

Adegbuyi and Vakhitov are the biggest names on the card in this moment. I would also say Groenhart as big name.

Adegbuyi vs. Silva is very interesting. Adegubyi is massive talent, Braddock a solid opponent. Only in your mind Silva isn"t a respectable fighter. He would have easily fought even in K-1. He"s with nothing under Saulo Cavalari, actually he"s a more known name than him.

Adegbuyi and Vakhitov are the biggest names on the card in this moment. I would also say Groenhart as big name.

Are you trying to say that the HW division hasn't declined massively? Adegbuyi vs. Silva really isn't that interesting, it's going to be one sided as hell with Silva probably being knocked out early or losing a lopsided division. 'only in my mind' I never said anything about him not being a respectable fighter, in fact I have a lot of respect and admiration for him.... But that doesn't mean he's a top kickboxer or that the state of HW kickboxing isn't depressing.

You need to calm down and stop being so insecure dude.

Are you trying to say that the HW division hasn't declined massively? Adegbuyi vs. Silva really isn't that interesting, it's going to be one sided as hell with Silva probably being knocked out early or losing a lopsided division. 'only in my mind' I never said anything about him not being a respectable fighter, in fact I have a lot of respect and admiration for him.... But that doesn't mean he's a top kickboxer or that the state of HW kickboxing isn't depressing.

You need to calm down and stop being so insecure dude.

You are underrating Braddock Silva. On the other hand I would wish to see Benny doing that. There is no other opponent from Glory available for Adegbuyi. And this fight should have happened before if you remember. It was scheduled but Anderson got injured.

Maybe Ben Saddik was free to fight but after he won against Londt, they wouldn"t risk another bad image. Both Lond and Adegbuyi won Contender Tournaments, therefore they"ll meet Rico or Badr if Verhoeven vs. Hari happens these months after all.

The HW division declined but I would still find 16 marvelous heavyweights. Unfortunately some are not in kickboxing anymore (Spong, Saki and Ghiță have some breaks - Saki is close to come back, Daniel might not do it !!).

Verhoeven
Hari
Ghiță
Saki
Spong
Adegbuyi
Londt
Wilnis
Ben Saddik
Samedov
Brestovac
Kryklia
Moroșanu
Cătinaș
Edwards
Zimmerman
Gerges
Kyotaro
even Zhuravlev

19 great heavyweights, such a Final 16 wouldn"t be different than any of past K-1. Maybe I forgot somebody.

Unfortunately Spong's break seems to be permanent.
He isn"t fighting in MMA anymore? Because if he"s fighting in MMA he could be attracted by money.

It"s the fault of Glory some switched to MMA or boxing. Or guys like Saki and Ghita are not fighting anymore, because of peanuts.

It"s the fault of Glory some switched to MMA or boxing. Or guys like Saki and Ghita are not fighting anymore, because of peanuts.

Which KB promotion would have paid them more than Glory?

Which KB promotion would have paid them more than Glory?
Probably none but this is because Glory cut budget. Glory should have sticked to Europe, North Africa and Japan/China/South Korea. Glory has no vision, I"m sure Andurand would have teamed with a rich Chinese or a Japanese that is again involved in martial arts, for luxurious shows in Tokyo, Beijing, etc

In Romania a stadium could be filled for a Final 16 with Morosanu vs. Badr Hari main-event and another 3 Romanian HWs. Arena Nationala (55k), anywhere from 30k up to capacity.

In Morocco the same. Poland could also sell well for Puzdianowski and K-1 finals (18-20k). Croatia (16k or how many), they have no vision at all.

They went to the US, and all my words happened now. Look at the current state of American kickboxing. 0. Now the live television is the online site ESPN 3, all the money come from Brazil, China, Romania and so on. Where there is big competition between televisions.

Glory needs back old K-1 format, with only 3 weight class: around 70-72, 85-88 and HW. Others can migrate. Final 16 in all 3. Maybe for the HWs even a Final 32. 6 events per year would be enough, in rest they could fight in the smaller promotions of KB or other sports. MORE EVENTS ONLY IF THE PROMOTION WOULD BECOME HUGELY PROFITABLE.

Glory should hire me, I have more vision than all those Americans. WWE Americans should only be for production. And also bring some Japanese for production and not only (matchmaking, etc)

Last edited:
Those that didn"t grew up with K-1 and didn"t watch this sport constantly since the 90s, can"t understand the phenomen.

If I would have money, I would buy K-1 or I would create a new promotion that would act like an organization. I mean, Glory would send fighters to K-1/best promotion (for money of course). There still is A LOT OF POTENTIAL.

K-1 would beat shitty UFC. But I wouldn"t depend on America. The shows must be televised on best televisions in North America though. Guys from MMA with huge name like Anderson Silva or some American could also be signed for the posters and even to be involved in the finals maybe.

North American is just a continent, in rest of the world K-1 used to be more popular than MMA.

Last edited:
UFC is a big fraud, we all saw what happened with the paper champions. K-1 system didn"t protect anybody. Glory copied this stupid system of booking opponents for the champion instead of tough tournaments.

Schilt, Hoost, Aerts, etc. are not paper champions. A guy like Badr Hari didn"t win a single K-1 final tournament. Badr Hari would murder many hamburgers in UFC.

Verhoeven
Hari
Ghiță
Saki
Spong
Adegbuyi
Londt
Wilnis
Ben Saddik
Samedov
Brestovac
Kryklia
Moroșanu
Cătinaș
Edwards
Zimmerman
Gerges
Kyotaro
even Zhuravlev

19 great heavyweights, such a Final 16 wouldn"t be different than any of past K-1. Maybe I forgot somebody.

If Glory brings these heavyweights at Saitama Arena, a fucking stadium would explode. 100% +30k potential in my country.

Meanwhile, they let them to retire...

He isn"t fighting in MMA anymore? Because if he"s fighting in MMA he could be attracted by money.

Please enlighten me on this list of fighters that have switched to MMA or boxing BECAUSE of Glory!? Spong is boxing because he suffered a nasty injury that has kept him from kicking inside the ring or cage! As a boxer, he doesn't have to do that but can still make.....and I emphasize here....PEANUTS! Look at the list of his boxing opponents, venues and attendance numbers. Saki hasn't fought in 2 years or longer and was fighting off injuries while Ghita had several personal issues to work through and has been dedicating his time to politics back home.

Probably none but this is because Glory cut budget. Glory should have sticked to Europe, North Africa and Japan/China/South Korea. Glory has no vision, I"m sure Andurand would have teamed with a rich Chinese or a Japanese that is again involved in martial arts, for luxurious shows in Tokyo, Beijing, etc

In Romania a stadium could be filled for a Final 16 with Morosanu vs. Badr Hari main-event and another 3 Romanian HWs. Arena Nationala (55k), anywhere from 30k up to capacity.

In Morocco the same. Poland could also sell well for Puzdianowski and K-1 finals (18-20k). Croatia (16k or how many), they have no vision at all.

They went to the US, and all my words happened now. Look at the current state of American kickboxing. 0. Now the live television is the online site ESPN 3, all the money come from Brazil, China, Romania and so on. Where there is big competition between televisions.

Glory needs back old K-1 format, with only 3 weight class: around 70-72, 85-88 and HW. Others can migrate. Final 16 in all 3. Maybe for the HWs even a Final 32. 6 events per year would be enough, in rest they could fight in the smaller promotions of KB or other sports. MORE EVENTS ONLY IF THE PROMOTION WOULD BECOME HUGELY PROFITABLE.

Glory should hire me, I have more vision than all those Americans. WWE Americans should only be for production. And also bring some Japanese for production and not only (matchmaking, etc)

There is almost too much BS here to respond to but let me just say that your locations and attendance forecasts disqualify anything else you may post here. "All the money come from Brazil? Romania? China?" I won't hold my breath until you pass along specifics on that claim! You expose yourself and your lack of knowledge when you keep referring to old K-1 days. The FACT is that Fuji TV was pumping $1 million dollars through a corrupt system into EVERY event! When the house of cards collapsed, the facade of massive production and profits disappeared. Those days are gone. In Japan, Brazil, China, Romania and any other country you want to throw out here. The fact is that MOST of Glory's events will be international and not in the U.S. but the best chance the organization has had at getting sponsor money from was American TV. The introduction to the Chinese market can bolster that but there is a reason why all companies and especially combat sports organizations want to success in the U.S.

There is almost too much BS here to respond to but let me just say that your locations and attendance forecasts disqualify anything else you may post here. "All the money come from Brazil? Romania? China?" I won't hold my breath until you pass along specifics on that claim! You expose yourself and your lack of knowledge when you keep referring to old K-1 days. The FACT is that Fuji TV was pumping $1 million dollars through a corrupt system into EVERY event! When the house of cards collapsed, the facade of massive production and profits disappeared. Those days are gone. In Japan, Brazil, China, Romania and any other country you want to throw out here. The fact is that MOST of Glory's events will be international and not in the U.S. but the best chance the organization has had at getting sponsor money from was American TV. The introduction to the Chinese market can bolster that but there is a reason why all companies and especially combat sports organizations want to success in the U.S.
Literally was too much BS for me. Quoted the messages and then just went...nah can't actually be bothered.

Verhoeven
Hari
Ghiță
Saki
Spong
Adegbuyi
Londt
Wilnis
Ben Saddik
Samedov
Brestovac
Kryklia
Moroșanu
Cătinaș
Edwards
Zimmerman
Gerges
Kyotaro
even Zhuravlev

When I think of 'great' I think of - Schilt, Aerts, Hoost, Bonjasky, Le Banner, Bernardo, Hug, Filho, Cro Cop

A tier below that would be the likes of Sefo, Hunt, Leko, Greco, Overeem, Hari and so on.

Of the current crop only Verhoeven is great and there's pretty much no one left to challenge him. Only a motivated Hari stands a chance at beating him. Adegbuyi does well to consistently put himself in position to challenge for the title, but that just further highlights the weakness of the division. Adegbuyi is good.. But not THAT good.

You also mentioned guys who are either retired or gone from kickboxing like Kyotaro and Spong, both who have pursued professional boxing careers... Ghita hasn't fought in over 2 years and is 35 years old, Saki no longer fights at HW.

If you think I hate or don't respect these guys then you're wrong... I enjoy watching most if not all of them, but the HW division just isn't compelling like it used to be. I follow out of pure enjoyment for the sport, but it doesn't enthrall me like it used to.

As for that final 16 bracket... Glory definitely needs to bring back the Grand Slam or something similar, that would definitely spark some life into the division.

Back