Glory 38 Chicago [February 24th]

I wasnt watching kickboxing at the back end of last year. What happened to Saki coming back to Glory?

Maybe he realised they're now having a lot of shows this year and he's in need of the $$$ ?

has anyone know about the future glory events?

i mean,after glory 38,where and when glory 39 is booked to happen and the other future events.

they said that they would do 18 events this year so they should be launching more info about the upcoming events,because if they are really planing to do more 16 events after glory 38,they have to do like one event in each 20 days

maybe they have multi events planed in one month,anyone is inside on how they are organizing it?

18 events in a year is a major step by them if they materialize it

Will be interesting to see. Could be 12 Glory events and 6 Glory-ous China ones if they started those halfway into the year or something like that.

Not sure if they said numbered events for those 18, could be road to glory's in there too :)

or could easily be way less than 18 since historically nobody ever holds as many events as they say the will :)

I think glory will go bankrupt before the end of the year, they wont get to 18 events

I wasnt watching kickboxing at the back end of last year. What happened to Saki coming back to Glory?
Saki wants to come back and fight at heavyweight...he already challenged Bonjasky(who accepted) and also talks about maybe fighting Rico again....the Glory light heavyweight division is sort of dead at this point without Saki and Spong...Zack Mweskassa was annouced that will fight Andrei Stoica in the semifinal of the tournament

hearing Petrosyan vs Sittichai is happening soon in Glory.

hearing Petrosyan vs Sittichai is happening soon in Glory.
Sittichai is facing Dylan Salvador next in Glory so not sure when this fight is planned to happen. If he faces Salvador first then Petro that would be good. Salvador has a good southpaw style that will help get sittichai ready for Petro. Khayal Dzhaniev is another good southpaw who's currently training at Sitsongpeenong and he would be a good sparring partner. Not sure if any of that would be enough to beat Petrosyan tho. Its a tough one to call.

All I've seen at least for Petro-Sitt was like a Russian fan made image. After W5 Petro's next fight is April in Bellator Italy and I'd say he's more likely to be fighting JWP (he is on the card) than Sitthichai there.

I'd imagine Petrosyan winning pretty handily against Sittichai.

no way he is beating him handily. While pertosyan never struggled with anyone he was never near as effective against southpaws as he was basically untouchable against rightys. Not to mention sittichai has spent most of his career facing other southpaws and pertrosyan is going to have to get past that left round kick to use his boxing. Plus sittichai has time on his side and every month that goes by before this fight gets made changes the odds ever so slightly in his favor

Last edited:
OMG

vtqgNQx.jpg

no way he is beating him handily. While pertosyan never struggled with anyone he was never near as effective against southpaws as he was basically untouchable against rightys. Not to mention sittichai has spent most of his career facing other southpaws and pertrosyan is going to have to get past that left round kick to use his boxing. Plus sittichai has time on his side and every month that goes by before this fight gets made changes the odds ever so slightly in his favor

yeah petro has not beaten many great southpaws....i remember he didn't look amazing against enriko kehl.

i think so too. sittichai is not really posing a problem for petro. he doesnt have ko power and he's not going to outpoint petrosyan. perosyan will just make it look comfortable like he always does against thai fighters that were supposed to bring him in trouble.

Doubt it. Petro can beat him but I don't think he can beat Sittichai handily unless sittichai gets stopped which can happen to anyone. Last time sittichai got beaten handily was in 2010. Every other loss since then has either been controversial or a close loss. You also need to take sittichai being a southpaw into consideration but you already knew this.

Its almost like you just threw that statement out there in order for it to be countered by DastardlyMass's response which you ended up liking. Why are you playing devils advocate?

Back