Give UFC business advice for 2018

Trifick

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
No BS sarcastic answers either please.

#1. Less events. One PPV every other month. One TV card every other month. Will allow you to stack all of your cards.

#2. Create more tv shows MMA based with UFC stars; scripted and reality. Start putting more UFC fighters in movies. Actively build stars.

EDIT UPDATE:
Figure out who's ready for PPV, and who should be on TV. Valentina - Nunes should have been on tv. Hell, 216 should have been on tv.

Last edited:
Its 2017, get rid of ppv model and make money off advertising. Everyone steals ur ppvs anyway.

Im not sure if this is actually good advice or not, we’d have to ask @FrankieNYC

-make champs either defend or strip them
-have only several ppvs per year but stack the hell out of them
-stop with constant mediocre cards and shit headliners
-cut about 25%-40% of the roster since there are so many mediocre fighters nobody cares about

Last edited:
I don't have business advice for them because I'm a fan of the sport so I have fan advice:

I don't need "stacked cards" - I just need good fights. And I've seen a lot recently.

Now let's make sure champs defend belts and we're getting somewhere.

I def don't want less events!

cut your losses and sell back to the Fritatas for pennies on the dollar. return to doing what you do best - pimping out child actors to pedophiles.

Its 2017, get rid of ppv model and make money off advertising. Everyone steals ur ppvs anyway.

Im not sure if this is actually good advice or not, we’d have to ask @FrankieNYC

Pretty sure this will be their strategy going forward. Maybe not completely rid of PPV, but more of a network model.

I'd have 4 PPVs a year, stacked, with 3+ title fights. Then 1-2 cards a month on TV with the odd title fights, and #1 contender fights..

Don't listen to anything anyone posting on Sherdog says.

Do a "hometown heroes" of shirts for consistent sale.

Coming from a proponent of WMMA, they need to stop putting women on main cards just for diversity. If they are ranked appropriately or appropriately exciting fighters I don't mind but at UFC 216 having debuting flyweights on the main card was a joke.

They did fewer events this year and it hasn't helped anything. Reducing them further just makes it more boring to follow. You're talking 12 events a year, fuck that. Increase events back to 2015-16 levels if anything.

Reserve bouts with legit fighters for every fight in the main card.
Make champs defend 2 times per years at least.
Make fight nights or fox cards with legit main and co main events

Invest and promote the sport and the division more and concentrate less on specific fighters you build as bigger than the sport.

R7cpZK0ULiabWF1uQPI4HqNLKl2AIJTvOwQ8jk73jzpjkmdSsZLsLLetnlG1moM2MEMlKaUwpEA3BucGz9YMkErwA6jq0HKBGhWXcVLY6RFXnT9ziISJOgUIM0-A-GepOkaSSAnpjVdkjPPix0-2CwHXE0Sq6umNs04fi6lZoA=w512-h288-nc

1. Cut half of the roster
2. 1 big event per month & have the undercard be the only free tv segment on fox with a gr8 card.
3. Have a press conference for every event & bring back primetime where you go into the fighters training camps for 4 episodes while still keeping the countdown show. More promotional content to keep fans engaged is good for the event.
4. Raise price of ppv to compensate for the revenue lost of having less shows, quality>> quantity & i think fans will be fine for paying $10-20 more for stacked fight cards.

They did fewer events this year and it hasn't helped anything. Reducing them further just makes it more boring to follow. You're talking 12 events a year, fuck that. Increase events back to 2015-16 levels if anything.
Yeah, appetite will not magically go up if they go down to 4 events per year. Ppl will just forget about MMA altogether since it's not in their rotation

Back