Give UFC business advice for 2018

1. Cut half of the roster
2. 1 big event per month & have the undercard be the only free tv segment on fox with a gr8 card.
3. Have a press conference for every event & bring back primetime where you go into the fighters training camps for 4 episodes while still keeping the countdown show. More promotional content to keep fans engaged is good for the event.
4. Raise price of ppv to compensate for the revenue lost of having less shows, quality>> quantity & i think fans will be fine for paying $10-20 more for stacked fight cards.

This will absolutely not make them more money, but I like #2 and #3

They did fewer events this year and it hasn't helped anything. Reducing them further just makes it more boring to follow. You're talking 12 events a year, fuck that. Increase events back to 2015-16 levels if anything.

As of right now, UFC has done 28 events. It's 28th was on October 7th. Last year, as of right now, they had 31 events. Their 31st was on October 8th. So, only 3 events more. Nah. It's the same. Only two events a month should be the model. June had 4. July had 5. September had 4. And most of those events were headlined and filled with fighters no one outside of this forum ever heard of. They need to start cutting rosters and divisions. Then figure out Who's ready for PPV, and who should be on TV. Valentina - Nunes should have been on tv. Hell, 216 should have been on tv.

Get rid of mm. No one cares about him, and he's a money pit. Guaranteed losses in revenue. Guaranteed low ratings.

Stop rewarding fighters who ducked the champ in a higher weightclass using size as an excuse, only to return 4 years later when the reigning champ, who has ducked three legit contenders, is weaker and more vulnerable and more beatable.

Yeah, appetite will not magically go up if they go down to 4 events per year. Ppl will just forget about MMA altogether since it's not in their rotation

4 events a year? You crazy? I said 1 a month. But I understand 2 would be more realistic. So, let's say 2 a month. 1 for tv and 1 for PPV. That's 24 a year. It will make it easier to make better cards with fighters people actually want to see.

4 events a year? You crazy? I said 1 a month. But I understand 2 would be more realistic. So, let's say 2 a month. 1 for tv and 1 for PPV. That's 24 a year. It will make it easier to make better cards with fighters people actually want to see.

I could be ok with 24. I just used 4 as an example to say it's not as though there's some low number that will magically make MORE ppl tune in. If anything, more will fall off due to forgetting the less events there are. But 24 I could live with

No BS sarcastic answers either please.

#1. Less events. One PPV every other month. One TV card every other month. Will allow you to stack all of your cards.

#2. Create more tv shows MMA based with UFC stars; scripted and reality. Start putting more UFC fighters in movies. Actively build stars.

EDIT UPDATE:
Figure out who's ready for PPV, and who should be on TV. Valentina - Nunes should have been on tv. Hell, 216 should have been on tv.

Bring back TRT!

No BS sarcastic answers either please.

#1. Less events. One PPV every other month. One TV card every other month. Will allow you to stack all of your cards.

#2. Create more tv shows MMA based with UFC stars; scripted and reality. Start putting more UFC fighters in movies. Actively build stars.

EDIT UPDATE:
Figure out who's ready for PPV, and who should be on TV. Valentina - Nunes should have been on tv. Hell, 216 should have been on tv.

Bring back TRT!

Agreed, I thought less ppv's were better. Cards were more stacked

1. To curb weight cuts, have doctors do a fat test while a fighter is hydrated with a weight. From that fat percentage and weight, determine the lowest a fighter can go based on 7-8% body fat.

2. New TUF- sign 16 205/265 pounders that washed out of the NFL who have some sort of backround in wrestling or other martial arts. Break them up into 4 groups of 4 and send them to Jacksons, Serra, ATT and AKA(or wherever) and subsidize their training for 8 months. Then give those 16 fighters bouts with random 205/265 pounders from regional fight pass cards. Then the tournament continues on fight pass cards with the finale on a Fight Night card.

Unless you're a business executive working for a multi-billion dollar company, you're not qualified to give the UFC business advice.

R7cpZK0ULiabWF1uQPI4HqNLKl2AIJTvOwQ8jk73jzpjkmdSsZLsLLetnlG1moM2MEMlKaUwpEA3BucGz9YMkErwA6jq0HKBGhWXcVLY6RFXnT9ziISJOgUIM0-A-GepOkaSSAnpjVdkjPPix0-2CwHXE0Sq6umNs04fi6lZoA=w512-h288-nc
Topless ring card girls....Oh yes

-Break off from USADA and do their own drug testing.
-Attempt to buy out the Reebok contract and allow individual sponsors back.
-Have 7-8 PPVs and 6 TV cards per year so they can be better stacked and promoted.
-End TUF.
-Have "house shows" on Fight Pass that feature up-and-comers and new international fighters. These do not need to be on PPVs or TV.
-Drop the men's bantam and flyweight divisions.
-Uncap the heavyweight division, or at least raise the weight limit to 285 to attract more failed football and basketball players.
-Have more freak fights. Knowledgeable fans disdain them, but the general public loves them.
-Have 3 women's divisions at 105, 125, and 140.
-Shrink the octagon to WEC size so fighters will have to engage.
-If a champ does not defend after 6 months they forefit the title and get an immediate shot upon return. If they are out more than 15 months they should need a win or two to get back in contention.
-Advertise more aggressively, and allow more exposure for fighters.
-Before big events have forums where fighters can trash talk each other.

More ass on the ring card girls...made some recent progress with Ms. Piccone. I'm not even talking extreme shit...just some fucking shape...
DFw3CvKUwAElq7s.jpg

1. Do 5 MAJOR PPV cards per year

- These are like the biggest events the UFC can make. Multiple title fights. Biggest draws. HUGE under card fights on FX and FOX.

Targeted Dates:

- Super Bowl Weekend (PPV)
- Memorial weekend (PPV)
- July 4th (PPV)
- Labor Day Weekend (PPV)
- NYE Show (PPV)

2. Hold a "Big" FX or FOX event every month a major PPV isn't

- Use these to visit other countries (Japan, Korea, non-UK euro, etc...)
- One or two big draws from country visited with loads of local prospects.

3. Hold "small" regional events that air on a set weeknight every week.

- Just for prospects like the snoop dawg fight nights they are doing now, but actually professional and focused on the fighters.
- Most of these are in the U.S., but another country should be visited once per month.

Its 2017, get rid of ppv model and make money off advertising. Everyone steals ur ppvs anyway.

Im not sure if this is actually good advice or not, we’d have to ask @FrankieNYC

Hey man
Thanks for the tag (I think) lol

I think the current strategy of building a new distribution model that will have less PPV cards & more on Fox & Fight Pass is smart.
As far as advertising goes, expect a lot more of that.

But getting rid of PPV all-together makes no sense. It is about 30% of revenue & that will be tough to replace immediately.
Having less cards is the smarter answer for now IMO & obv making them bigger.
If they do 6 cards that do 300k a year ith 1-2 big ones & the other 6 go on Fox (or whomever) they will be in good-great shape

cut your losses and sell back to the Fritatas for pennies on the dollar.

Except they are not losing money (UFC went up 25% in value since sale & this year UFC will have its third best year profit wise).
So selling a company currently valued at $5n for "pennies on the dollar = no sense" ;)

Hey man
Thanks for the tag (I think) lol

I think the current strategy of building a new distribution model that will have less PPV cards & more on Fox & Fight Pass is smart.
As far as advertising goes, expect a lot more of that.

But getting rid of PPV all-together makes no sense. It is about 30% of revenue & that will be tough to replace immediately.
Having less cards is the smarter answer for now IMO & obv making them bigger.
If they do 6 cards that do 300k a year ith 1-2 big ones & the other 6 go on Fox (or whomever) they will be in good-great shape

Except they are not losing money (UFC went up 25% in value since sale & this year UFC will have its third best year profit wise).
So selling a company currently valued at $5n for "pennies on the dollar = no sense" ;)

It makes perfect sense to me because the Fritatas delivered a better product. WME's ability to increase value is not a factor. I say sell for pennies on the dollar because that is what it will take to get Frank and Enzo back in the game. I just want to bang bro :D

Have a 2nd fighter on the side ready for big main events that one fighter gets injuried.. they cancel way too many fights.. the last event they did fix Werdum vs Harris last minute.. I wanna see more things like that happen..

Back