Giorgio Petrosyan vs Buakaw ~ When Western Boxing faces Muay Thai; Video Breakdown

petro is still so butthurt about this fight...in his bio he goes as far as saying that everybody was booing buakaw and cheering for him and what a robbery this was for him.....because after the fight he was in good shape whereby buakaw had to be help backstage because his leg was fucked.

i love petro but he needs to rewatch his own videos from time to time...

If this is true it puts a dent in the "I was poisoned" story. Does he have an excuse for the Ristie fight?

If this is true it puts a dent in the "I was poisoned" story. Does he have an excuse for the Ristie fight?

well his hand was broken...

to be fair he also said that occasionally buakaw got some tepid cheer.

if i remember well he said he damaged the metal (whatever they are called) nails he has in his hand in the previous fights because even if he was clearly winning he forgot his fragile hand and kept punching,because it's his instinct to...his trainer was shouting to use his legs but the damage was already done.

he barely talks about ristie and it's all about the injury.
he kinda knew he was going to get ko because his mum had a dream about it.

about his "poisoning"
he said that after drinking like 2l of water he started to feel sick in his taxi to the hotel...he felt like he needed to piss (lol no shit) and started cramping both his stomach and muscles...
he arrived at lumpini without strengh and pramuk changed his opponent,buakaw was there.
"like always in thailand if you want to win you have to ko your opponent so the strategy was to attack right away".
He was so debilitated he barely finished and almost got ko himself.
he lost 5 kg in the next days.
His father warned him about how thais are corrupt and he regrets going there because the winning streak was broken and his unbeated reputation ruined (which is what he seems to care about the most).

Last edited:
Great job on the Video,very good breakdown on the strategy,too many fight fans are uneducated on the itricacies of the striking game. Thanks!

well his hand was broken...

to be fair he also said that occasionally buakaw got some tepid cheer.

Did you read his biography in Italian? I've been looking for an English version but no luck.

This is the best example of boxing meets muay thai.

Even though I think Buakaw was getting robbed, Kalakoda still did really good for mainly a boxer against one of the best muay thai at the time

Buakaw won by draw, then extra round, then split decision

Even though I think Buakaw was getting robbed, Kalakoda still did really good for mainly a boxer against one of the best muay thai at the time

Ok, whatever you say.

Better example. http://boxrec.com/boxer/42255 Yodsanan, an actual World Champion in boxing against Bovy in a muay thai match. They've fought twice and Bovy won both iirc.

Did you read his biography in Italian? I've been looking for an English version but no luck.

there's no english version at this moment.
it's a good read but not well written, the journalist who wrote the book is just a journalist and it shows.
some parts were kinda stupid and vulgar,some facts about fights were wrong,some important parts like his loss to ristie were justs mentioned and rushed,but there were far too many pages dedicated to some irrelevant personal stuff.
many times it shows a side of petrosyan's personality that came as a surprise in good and also bad.
overall it's ok but i'm not impressed.

Thank you Manny66 for your kind comment - sorry if I'm replying late.

Back