Media Gilbert Burns is cleared to fight, wants Colby but "would destroy Belal"

Yeah I always liked him brother.
Idk how anyone can be a fan of this sport and not love that guy. One of the greatest grapplers of all-time, but prefers to slug it out, take chances. If they could all have his mentality...

Idk how anyone can be a fan of this sport and not love that guy. One of the greatest grapplers of all-time, but prefers to slug it out, take chances. If they could all have his mentality...

A true warrior in every sense of the word sir.
If they all had his mentality we'd never have a boring card man.

JDM deserves a top ranked / name opponent
JDM vs Burns would be intense AF. His run is starting to feel like Whittaker's when he started to beat some dangerous guys like Hall / Brunson Etc.

Idk why we'd beeline to run back the exact same matchup we already saw when there are so many fresh ones to make

GOATlal won fair and square and he's got the next title shot. Burns should fight someone new like Shavkat after the WB fight, Colby after Leon kicks him in the head (jk Colby doesn't face real contenders), or Geoff Neal

How disrespected should what's his name feel?

Burns loses to Belal only to ignore that and call for a title shot against Colby, assuming Colby wins.

Meanwhile that other guy who beat Burns, is totally ignored but probably deserves the winner of colby/leon
I expected more class from Burns than that. He and Belal both knew before the fight that the winner was “100% getting the next TS, after Colby”

And given that guarantee by Dana.. Belal has zero reason to fight anybody except the winner of Edwards/Colby.

Would Burns have beaten Belal without the injury that occurred DURING the fight? Maybe, maybe not. But the point is moot right now. He lost fair, and square.

So, yeah.. Not cool. Earn your TS Burns. And be more respectful.

I feel like you want Colby to lose as much as I do sir lol.
I mean I don't particularly care for Edwards, but atleast he beat Usman twice where Colby lost twice. If Colby wins, Islam/Shavkat/Belal will smash him unless UFC gives Colby a softball.

I mean I don't particularly care for Edwards, but atleast he beat Usman twice where Colby lost twice. If Colby wins, Islam/Shavkat/Belal will smash him unless UFC gives Colby a softball.

Yeah Leon has the personality of a wet sock lol.

I hope he kicks Colby's head off though, that way Colby can go hide for another 2 years.

Actually Burns landed on his own shoulder while taking Belal down sir.
either way brother, it was in-fight injury. I don't know why people keep shitting on Belal for fighting injured Burns, he won in the octagon fair and square. I woudn't take another rematch if I was Belal though, makes no sense.

If Burns wants to go into the oven, have him call out Shavkat.

either way brother, it was in-fight injury. I don't know why people keep shitting on Belal for fighting injured Burns, he won in the octagon fair and square. I woudn't take another rematch if I was Belal though, makes no sense.

If Burns wants to go into the oven, have him call out Shavkat.

My comment was to the guy saying Belal injured Burns, which isn't true.
I also don't think Belal should do anything but wait for his shot.
He's earned it and Colby is stealing it somehow.

Belal has done enough to wait for it.

Yeah Leon has the personality of a wet sock lol.

I hope he kicks Colby's head off though, that way Colby can go hide for another 2 years.
Best hope is Colby retires 0-3 with title shots and never see him again. Bonus would be if he keeps fighting and gets smashed by any of the real contenders.

Best hope is Colby retires 0-3 with title shots and never see him again. Bonus would be if he keeps fighting and gets smashed by any of the real contenders.

I would respect him if he actually fought any contenders at all, but he's still ranked 3rd....like what?
He hasn't earned anything, I mean even his first shot was off beating the ghost of Woodley smh.

Then he gets another for beating Masvidal...now he gets one for sitting out for 2 years.

Fuck that guy lol

Both fights are interesting. I agree that he should fight Colby first and then work his way to Belal. A fight with Edwards would be good too. I'm kind of curious if Burns would ever consider going back to lightweight. He could easily be a contender and I would look forward to a fight between him and Makhachev any day of the week.

I would respect him if he actually fought any contenders at all, but he's still ranked 3rd....like what?
He hasn't earned anything, I mean even his first shot was off beating the ghost of Woodley smh.

Then he gets another for beating Masvidal...now he gets one for sitting out for 2 years.

Fuck that guy lol
Yeah I wish I can boycott this event out of principle. I remember people used to cry about Couture getting title shots, but atleast he was double champ and had a history. Colby is a fight away from being 0-3 and doesn't have a win over an active WW right now.

Back