Media Gilbert Burns is cleared to fight, wants Colby but "would destroy Belal"

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gilbert Burns is back.

Six months after tearing multiple muscles in his left shoulder in the midst of UFC 288 scrap with Belal Muhammad, Durinho tells TMZ Sports he's ready to get back in the Octagon.

"I'm clear. No pain. Shoulder is moving good. All range of motion is back. Strength," Gilbert says, "I'd say anything March or April, UFC 299 or UFC 300, I'll be ready to go."
"I would love to fight Colby" Burns said of the number 3 ranked contender, who will face champ Leon Edwards on December 16.

"I think Leon Edwards is gonna get the win, but who knows when he's gonna come back? Or when either one of these guys is gonna come back, but Colby would be my number one pick."

Of course, Burns lost by unanimous decision in May after he was injured early in the fight. Because of the circumstances, it's tough to say who would've won if GB didn't get hurt, unless you're Gilbert.
He's totally confident he would've kicked Belal's ass:

"100% with me healthy, I would destroy Belal Muhammad and I would get that win back. I don't know if it's gonna happen right now, but it's gonna happen," Burns says and adds "that will show everyone that I'm way better than him."

Source and video: https://www.tmz.com/2023/11/28/gilb...ctagon-after-shoulder-injury-colby-covington/

If Kelvin wins this week Id like to see him call out Burns. Otherwise Burns/Neal would be cool, orr maybe Burns gets 1 of the big winners from 296.

WAR GIBBLE

Attachments

• cd307613-0636-4abf-bcd6-1a47e5fac9cb_text.gif
    cd307613-0636-4abf-bcd6-1a47e5fac9cb_text.gif
    399.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
If Kelvin wins this week Id like to see him call out Burns. Otherwise Burns/Neal would be cool, orr maybe Burns gets 1 of the big winners from 296.
I'm more interested to see if he makes weight

How disrespected should what's his name feel?

Burns loses to Belal only to ignore that and call for a title shot against Colby, assuming Colby wins.

Meanwhile that other guy who beat Burns, is totally ignored but probably deserves the winner of colby/leon

Belal seems like the type of guy who'd never give a rematch even though he blatantly won because GIlbert was extremely compromised in that fight.

Some dudes hold onto their wins so much and Belal is one of those guys.
From what I recall Gilbert got injured during the fight with Belal, so Belal is the who injured him

Didn’t he just say he is doing lots of steroids ? What a slip up.

Colby will need to wait 6 months, call out Poirier and then might take a fight after he loses.

Belal seems like the type of guy who'd never give a rematch even though he blatantly won because GIlbert was extremely compromised in that fight.

Some dudes hold onto their wins so much and Belal is one of those guys.
Why would he? They were both on short notice and Belal went into the fight injured. Would people be calling for a rematch if Burns had won? Leon didn't want to give him a rematch after blatantly eye poking him.

Back