*GIF* Maynard walking dead / KO after fight was stopped.

i think that fight was stopped like ten punches too late.
gray wasnt defending himself at all. he was backing up and kinda waving his arms a little.

i hope he is ok.

He was still standing though and trying to move away. In a situation like that you want to make sure the guy is out.

I really don't understand why people are calling out Gray's chin over this.

Diaz beat the f@% out of a huge Markham, Davis, Gomi and Miller and stopped each guy after he boxed them up in similar flurries. Cerrone survived but he got tattooed.

There is no lightweight that would take a dozen precision shots to head like Gray did and recover.
I guess it's not the fact that it wasn't a fully-fledged KO that people are blaming Maynard's chin, but due to how soon Maynard turned into a defenseless zombie. After that (which was quite fast) he just ate everything, not trying to protect his head.

I guess it's not the fact that it wasn't a fully-fledged KO that people are blaming Maynard's chin, but due to how soon Maynard turned into a defenseless zombie. After that (which was quite fast) he just ate everything, not trying to protect his head.

that is why i think it was stopped late.
yeah he was standing, but he wasnt doing jack.

i hope he is ok.

imZlHM.jpg

I feel like some kind of prick now but that shit is really funny in this context :S

If Gray hadn't fallen after, I wonder how many Sherdoggers would be screaming about an early stoppage?

If Gray hadn't fallen after, I wonder how many Sherdoggers would be screaming about an early stoppage?

i watched it like 10 times and even had my wife look at it.
gray wasnt defending at all.

he was fading back with his arms at his sides practically.
even if he was fine, the ref should have stopped it earlier on account of him not defending.

i watched it like 10 times and even had my wife look at it.
gray wasnt defending at all.

he was fading back with his arms at his sides practically.
even if he was fine, the ref should have stopped it earlier on account of him not defending.

Oh, yeah. Gray was totally out on his feet for sure but there always seem to be people who think a fight is stopped too fast. That definitely could have been stopped even earlier.

Oh, yeah. Gray was totally out on his feet for sure but there always seem to be people who think a fight is stopped too fast. That definitely could have been stopped even earlier.

there is a solid crowd here that would have liked that fight to go on much longer lol.
diaz, in my opinion, was not doing his normal ---- sup bitch ---with his arms out and about.

i think he was going, "yo ref, wtf." i think florian or the other announcer saw it that way too.

and when frankie knocked gray out- he looked over at the ref like wtf yo --- you stopping this?

so - yeah. late stoppage but here at sherdog you will get some wild opinions.

Poor Maynard ... his chin is absolutely gone. 3 TKO/KOs in his last 4 fights.

He needs to consider retirement asap.

Markham, Davis, Gomi and Miller couldn't recover from it either. Nate is a precision volume guy, if he stings you its likely you are getting finished because he follows up on the money.

Back