Gi Patch Taboo

man.. necro thread to the max here. dude who started the thread prolly has his black belt by now =P
but anyways, i just got a patch from ilovebjj.com suuuper sick. ken is SUPER cool.

im totally down with supporting small bjj companies, especially ones that support and promote the sport like ilovebjj does. so im plenty happy to rock a patch on my gi.

i have a few academy and affiliate patches, my family crest, and a bjj in chicago patch ready to put on my gi. the academy/affiliate ones are self explanatory. the family crest one is a patch a buddy of mine hooked me up with, and i have the bjj in chicago one to rep a great site that supports and promotes bjj in my area.

Just wait.. BJJinChicago is going to be coming out with some sick patches in the near future. Even better than the light side and dark side we have now (if you can believe that)

Should I patch up my batch 9 Shoyoroll?

I love necro-bumps, I like seeing how many people who posted in the begining have been banned since.

yeah I love the patch Idea but have no patches on any of my gi's yet...

Ahh just have fun.

Ive had a massive Iron Maiden patch on the back of my old gi. For no other reason than i wanted to.

I really want a Carlson Gracie patch on my gi, but there's none available.

Yes I train with a Carlson Gracie school.

Is there any taboo associated with decorating your gi with patches that have absolutely nothing to do with BJJ? I was thinking about sprucing up my old gi and sewing some random patches on it, but also didn't want to piss anyone off. My instructor said he doesn't care if I come in wearing a purple pink polka-dot gi, so I am not worried about him.

One of my former brown belt instructors used to have a Metallica patch on his gi. That was pretty awesome. :icon_lol:

i have a Misfits Patch on the back of my Atama, an independent trucks patch and a morbid angel patch on the front. My new keiko gi will be getting school patches, a metallica and iron maiden patch.

i have a Misfits Patch on the back of my Atama, an independent trucks patch and a morbid angel patch on the front. My new keiko gi will be getting school patches, a metallica and iron maiden patch.

I think I have some Misfits back patches somewhere I might end up sewing on my gi.

I really want a Carlson Gracie patch on my gi, but there's none available.

Yes I train with a Carlson Gracie school.

That Bulldog kicks ass and takes names. There is a good template on google you can download and get turned into a patch, looks awesome.

I think I have some Misfits back patches somewhere I might end up sewing on my gi.

go for it, i think its sick when people have band patches on their gi's, i saw some dude at NAGA with a huge Addicts back patch on his, it was sick

Back