Movies Ghostbusters Quiz! Who you gonna call?

650lb Sumo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
200.gif

I always try to keep these quizzes to ten questions but I just couldn't fit the plot in ten this time so this quiz is a bit longer!

(1) What year did Ghostbusters come out?
(2) What are the main protagonists' names? (four marks)
(3) What are the original three protagonists doing career-wise at the start of the film?
(4) What is their first mission shown in the film?
(5) What triggers them to start their business?

(6) Who is the Ghostbusters' first customer and what is his/her profession? (two marks)
(7) What does the creature in this person's fridge say?
(8) Where do the Ghostbusters capture their first ghost and what is its name? (two marks)
(9) Who are the Ghostbusters' first customer, and his/her admirer possessed by?
(10) What is the existential threat uncovered by the Ghostbusters as the plot progresses? (Three marks for the origins, the names of the main characters and the plan)

(11) What is the mistake made by an official which precipitates the city-wide crisis?
(12) What form does the primary antagonist take for the final battle?

(1) 1984
(2) Egon Spengler, Ray Stantz, Peter Venkman and Winston Zeddemore
(3) They are parapsychology researchers / lecturers at Columbia University in New York City.
(4) They are called to investigate a ghost in a public library.
(5) Upon returning from investigating the ghost in the library they are kicked out of their university premises, and told that their grant has been terminated as their work is of low quality.

(6) Dana Barrett - cellist (Sigourney Weaver)
(7) 'Zuul'
(8) They capture Slimer at the Sedgewick Hotel.
(9) Dana is possessed by Zuul, 'The Gatekeeper', and Louis Tully is possessed by Vinz Clortho, 'The Keymaster'.
(10) (i) Gozer is an evil god/entity originally worshipped in Mesopotamia in 6000BC. At least one Gozer cult has survived to the present day.
(ii) In the 1920s this cult, led by Ivo Shandor, built a paranormal antenna in NYC, disguised/also functioning as a skyscraper.
(iii) The plan is to summon Gozer's two lieutenants, Zuul and Vinz Clortho, and energise the antenna - then Gozer can return from another dimension to walk the Earth again.
You don't get marks for naming Zuul and Vinz Clortho as marks were already available for naming them in the last question. You can have marks for naming Gozer and/or Ivo Shandor.

(11) Walter Peck from the Environmental Protection Agency cuts the power to the Ghostbusters' ghost dungeon. The ghosts they have captured escape and the release of paranormal energy and subsequent chaos awaken Dana/Zuul and allow Louis/Vinz Clortho to escape and meet up.
(12) The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

The pass mark is 10/19. How did you do?

1)1993
2) Bill Murray
3)Bill Murray groundhog day
4)They come across the green slime ghost
5)The secretary. They ran a train every night
6) Doctor Sakuraba
7)Just relax this will only hurt a bit
8) In a library and it's name is whatever I fucking say it is
9)Me
10) When the portal opens and the hell dogs come out. Bill Murray and the 2 dogs are the characters.
11)Someone had sexual relations with a marshamellow, put it in a microwave and forgot about it.
12)He's unsure of what he wants to be in the moment man, woman.

17/19.

Couldn't remember part 2 or 3 of #10.

All I had in my head was, "So be good, for goodness sake! Whoooa, somebody's comin'!"

What a great fuckin' movie. Top tier desert island movie for me.

(1) What year did Ghostbusters come out? 1984
(2) What are the main protagonists' names? (four marks), Peter, Egon, Ray
(3) What are the original three protagonists doing career-wise at the start of the film? They do research for a university.
(4) What is their first mission shown in the film? Get rid of a ghost at the library?
(5) What triggers them to start their business? They get funding pulled by the university

(6) Who is the Ghostbusters' first customer and what is his/her profession? (two marks) Dana
(7) What does the creature in this person's fridge say? Zuul
(8) Where do the Ghostbusters capture their first ghost and what is its name? (two marks) Hotel, Slimer
(9) Who are the Ghostbusters' first customer, and his/her admirer possessed by? The gate keeper or key master?
(10) What is the existential threat uncovered by the Ghostbusters as the plot progresses? (Three marks for the origins, the names of the main characters and the plan) Gozer, sumerian, open a portal to another dimension?

(11) What is the mistake made by an official which precipitates the city-wide crisis? The EPA shithead shut down the power to the Ghostbusters containment system
(12) What form does the primary antagonist take for the final battle? Stay-Puff marshmallow man

I could be mistaken, but I don't think the ghost was named "Slimer" in either of the movies. The fans just called him that, and it became his unofficial name.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think the ghost was named "Slimer" in either of the movies. The fans just called him that, and it became his unofficial name.

"Onionhead ghost" was his pre-production name.

200.gif

I always try to keep these quizzes to ten questions but I just couldn't fit the plot in ten this time so this quiz is a bit longer!

(1) What year did Ghostbusters come out?
(2) What are the main protagonists' names? (four marks)
(3) What are the original three protagonists doing career-wise at the start of the film?
(4) What is their first mission shown in the film?
(5) What triggers them to start their business?

(6) Who is the Ghostbusters' first customer and what is his/her profession? (two marks)
(7) What does the creature in this person's fridge say?
(8) Where do the Ghostbusters capture their first ghost and what is its name? (two marks)
(9) Who are the Ghostbusters' first customer, and his/her admirer possessed by?
(10) What is the existential threat uncovered by the Ghostbusters as the plot progresses? (Three marks for the origins, the names of the main characters and the plan)

(11) What is the mistake made by an official which precipitates the city-wide crisis?
(12) What form does the primary antagonist take for the final battle?

The pass mark is 10/19. How did you do?
1. 1984
2. Vankman, Spangler, Stance, Zedmore
3. Library Scientists and Spore Collectors
4. Hire Jenny before running out of petty cash
5. Vankman second guesses his science career and wants to become a game show host, but meets a lady and decides to continue being a scientist
6. Ms. Jerome, Librarian
7. Zool
8. Hotel, Cosmonaut
9. Dana Barrett, Gozer the Gozarian
10. Ego Shendor built a building that acts as a portal for the Keymaster, Gatekeep, and Veegs
11. The ghost containment field is shut down
12. State Puft Marshmellow Man from Cample Conda

Back