Ghey Jeezus as the UFC champ - how marketable would he be?

Too old and even tough I am a fan of Yoel as a fighter and a person, I must admit that there is a legitimate chance he'll pop for a banned substance which would derail the hype train. Came in too late into the UFC unfortunately, so I'll just enjoy him for as long as it lasts but I'm skeptical we'll get him much longer.

If he entered earlier he would've been very marketable. Great on the mic even with limited English, entertaining fighter, freak athlete and he could definitely appeal to the latino market. Latin America is huge population wise and a very high portion of US citizens identify with the Latin community.

He would be a huge megastar with a few title defences he could do massive ppv numbers, maybe even 250k but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

He is not marketable unless he starts doing coke & other criminal stuff.

“Clean” black fighter aren't marketable in MMA because they aren‘t fit in the stereotype which white ppl expect them to be.

in this day and age of cucked white bois he'd be a star for sure

Like most fighters no one will care other than the usual. Rogan all over someone doesn’t do too much. Francis would’ve sold more if so.

The fact that he is more jacked now in his 40s than he was then is beyond shady

Its like when Brock after 5 years, around 40 years old, came back more jacked than he was when he retired

Wonder if he ever got to the bottom of that
Maybe he has the same boxercise trainer as Lesnar.

not much

probably only has another 3 fights in him

I’ve always believed that Yoel was clean, but seeing this pic makes me really question it. In this video, he is younger, Olympic level conditioning, and under a much more heavy testing program with consequences. I wouldn’t think he would want to go back to Cuba as a cheater.

He is now older, with stringent, but not unfailing testing and is much larger, much more dense, and much more defined.

Fishy.
The poor guy can't find a supplement that isn't tainted.....those bastards!

Back