Ghey Jeezus as the UFC champ - how marketable would he be?

cakemuncher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think he would be OK. Yes, his English sucks, but that Rockhold kiss showed us he knows how to troll and generate internet hypes.

3547fc24e9c5cd0150bc41d6204bff6e.gif

Plus, Rogaine would blow his wad over Romero's once-ever super-human muscular explosiveness.

200w.gif
<30>

Last edited:
The fellas will be all over him. The douchebags that don’t give a fuck if a fighter cheats will be all over him.

Regular Sherdog shit.

He's almost 41. I doubt if he does become champ that it will be for very long.

If Whittaker comes back 100% I think he will beat him again.

Very marketable I think. But yes, age is definitely a factor. Although it looks like he has barely skipped a beat.

I thought he'd be a star by now, but his PPV numbers are terrible. MMA fans must feel threatened by his athleticism and prefer to pay for guys they can emulate like Conor and Chuck.

A preacher who dislikes gay people would be UFCs nightmare to market.

There is a huge Latin American contingent that watches MMA, he’s easily marketable...

giphy.gif

I’ve always believed that Yoel was clean, but seeing this pic makes me really question it. In this video, he is younger, Olympic level conditioning, and under a much more heavy testing program with consequences. I wouldn’t think he would want to go back to Cuba as a cheater.

He is now older, with stringent, but not unfailing testing and is much larger, much more dense, and much more defined.

Fishy.

The fact that he is more jacked now in his 40s than he was then is beyond shady

Its like when Brock after 5 years, around 40 years old, came back more jacked than he was when he retired

Wonder if he ever got to the bottom of that

He won't ever be. The closest thing he'll be is Anderson Silva if he defends enough times and has a rival counterpart to sell his fights.

The most popular fighters have always been English speaking fighters with certain looks.

A fight with Bisping for example would have been a great sale since most people know their past history. It's a shame Bisping pussy'd out after all of it.

Last edited:
I don’t know... he is muscular, And a lot of people like that, but I think he is a bit too corny And «different» for most people.

He is pretty old, And not a 5 rd fighter, so I don’t think he will be champ for long.

His first defense would have to be in Miami for a big gate. In terms of ppv he’s not a draw. Him and Whittaker were on fight week and couldn’t sale (granted Amanda vs Valentina was supposed to be headlining.)

He looks like a beast and he finishes people. Shouldn't be hard to market him as a killer.

Back