GGG moving up after 1-2 fights

Hmmm. Well, GGG is only 2 defenses away from tying B-Hop's Middleweight defense record. If he fights Saunders and beats him then he becomes the undisputed Middleweight champ. Next, if he fights Canelo, then that's his biggest payday by far and if he beats Canelo he'll be the lineal undisputed Middleweight champ. He's supposed to fight Canelo in September so we'll see. Personally, I doubt we see Golovkin move up to Super Middleweight. The guys there are much bigger. He's been at Middleweight for his entire professional career and his body is used to that weight to perform optimally. Moving up imo isn't a good idea. He could still do some catchweight fights like Canelo is doing next against Chavez Jr.

Last edited:
I think he'll get the record and go. But
I think Charlo moving up and being in line for Golovkin's WBC is what would precipitate this move.

Why would they want to stick around for Charlo (whos really really good) -- when there are challenges from arguably bigger names and/or money at 168.

(With Badou Jack moving up to LHW, i dont see anyone there Golovkin couldn't beat.)

Then it'll be Canelo who is in a tight spot. Stay at MW and defend against Charlo, or move to 168 (or a catchweight) and fight GGG.

If ward can still make 168 ggg is going nowhere. If he rematches Jacobs he will lose (again).

If ward can still make 168 ggg is going nowhere. If he rematches Jacobs he will lose (again).

Virgil just said the other day that Ward can still make 168. I guess we'll see if he can. Ward said before that he couldn't but Virgil may be right.

This looks like a clear leoflller negotiation tactic

If it's not a expect a full on ward is ducking GGG narrative once he moves up to 168

I think he'll get the record and go. But
I think Charlo moving up and being in line for Golovkin's WBC is what would precipitate this move.

Why would they want to stick around for Charlo (whos really really good) -- when there are challenges from arguably bigger names and/or money at 168.

(With Badou Jack moving up to LHW, i dont see anyone there Golovkin couldn't beat.)

Then it'll be Canelo who is in a tight spot. Stay at MW and defend against Charlo, or move to 168 (or a catchweight) and fight GGG.
I just wonder the need to move up if he eats BBQ ribs during training camp. If he can make the weight he might as well stay there.

I just wonder the need to move up if he eats BBQ ribs during training camp. If he can make the weight he might as well stay there.

I hear ya. But he is a legit 5'10", and he comes into the ring ligther than Canelo, whose a naturally smaller guy.

That, coupled with his economical plodding style, leads me to believe that he should have no problem putting on an extra 10 lbs. of muscle and carrying it well.

I think it also bodes well for a SMW move that he fought Danny Jacobs, probably 6 ft. 180lb on fight night, and seemingly wasnt at all hurt.

To your last point: Maybe he's also tired of eating BBQ ribs and denying himself the sides.

He'd better not, considering everyone claims the only reason Jacobs had any success was because he was bigger.

GGG / Ward would be a great fight. I'd want to see that more than Kovalev / Ward 2.

And IIRC GGG was going to move up AFTER the bjsanders fight, as he would have collected all the belts and there was "nothing left for (ggg)" according to his trainer.

He'd better not, considering everyone claims the only reason Jacobs had any success was because he was bigger.

I scored it for Jacobs (114-113) and never said his success came from his weight advantage. There was a thread made about it saying that they thought it was unfair that GGG could only put on 10 pounds because of the IBF's same day weigh-in policy while Jacobs didn't have to but Golovkin himself said that he didn't care about the weight. Some used it as an excuse but not "everyone". You're exaggerating.

Yeah, you're right, no one was saying Jacobs did well because of the weight....

<{CMPALM}>

You said "everyone". I already mentioned that a thread was made complaining about it. Selective reading (and quoting) is now your specialty, I guess.

You said "everyone". I already mentioned that a thread was made complaining about it. Selective reading (and quoting) is now your specialty, I guess.
Come on now. Thats blatant tryhardism.

I scored it for Jacobs (114-113) and never said his success came from his weight advantage. There was a thread made about it saying that they thought it was unfair that GGG could only put on 10 pounds because of the IBF's same day weigh-in policy while Jacobs didn't have to but Golovkin himself said that he didn't care about the weight. Some used it as an excuse but not "everyone". You're exaggerating.

We immediately say yes to a fight a 68. Now we aren't going RJJ and bouncing up and down. Danny can't do it. It's whoever gets there first. Canelo has an offer at 60 though and he has a rematch clause.

I will vouch for you though. Not sure why everyone is giving you shit but you where a reasonable poster throughout the fight build up

Come on now. Thats blatant tryhardism.

I didn't read the thread butdude seemed cool. What did I miss?

You posters went out today @dejulz too. I tossed in something extra like I said. I apologize to whoever go the Andre Berto auto lol . The other got a Barrera

GGG / Ward would be a great fight. I'd want to see that more than Kovalev / Ward 2.

And IIRC GGG was going to move up AFTER the bjsanders fight, as he would have collected all the belts and there was "nothing left for (ggg)" according to his trainer.

a move to 168 would be the same as when winky went to 160 although after seeing the jacobs fight i doubt that golovkin would have the same success as wright.

winky arguably and statistically beat jt after taylor beat hopkins twice

I didn't read the thread butdude seemed cool. What did I miss?

You posters went out today @dejulz too. I tossed in something extra like I said. I apologize to whoever go the Andre Berto auto lol . The other got a Barrera
{<redford}

Just someone trying to pretend I was saying something else by focusing on one word. I said "everybody" as the size thing seemed to be a general excuse for Golovkin looking human the next day. He says that because he didn't say that I'm wrong because its not LITERALLY "everyone."

Back