GGG Canelo proved "experts" and casuals suck

"Effective" being the key word. Defense often cancels aggression and makes it ineffective which is what Canelo did to Golovkin.

In spots Canelo nullified GGG's offense. But GGG outlanded Canelo, so he obviously did not make GGG ineffective.

It's just the judging what leaves a sour taste for most

Canelo boxed very well, we can all see that, but he didn't box well enough to win.

GGG was the rightful winner of their fight and 118-110 is just disgraceful, what ever was Byrd watching the old div!

A spectacle was already made in the way of Mayweather-McGregor so boxing couldlve done without terrible scoring in Golovkin-Canelo

Watched fight a few times and Canelo never won that fight, he fought well, but never won, if you have it very close then fair enough, but if you have him a winner then boxing isn't the sport for you

In spots Canelo nullified GGG's offense. But GGG outlanded Canelo, so he obviously did not make GGG ineffective.
Canelo boxed Golovkin like no one else has and landed shots on Golovkin that no one else has.

I've watched that fight twice now, and while I agree it was close, I really don't see what Golovkin was doing that impressed you guys so much. He was just following Canelo around. He was never able to keep Canelo where he wanted him, the number of truly clean punches he landed was minimal too.

Canelo boxed his ears off, I really don't see how people thought Golovkin did as well as people are saying. I mean, he did OK but well enough for people to say he clearly won this by a couple of rounds? No. That didn't happen. You guys are giving too much credit to the guy walking forward.

I definitely thought GGG won, but robbery is a bit of a stretch. Not a decision I agreed with or even liked, but it wasn't unjustifiable. That said 118-110 is joke. I'm not saying there's a fix, I don't think there is, but politically connected fighters that usually get the nod in a close fight, but ultimately, you have to be able to justify the nod to be able to give the nod.

golovkins jab is one of the best in the business, canelo is considered one of the slickest and defensively sound fighters in boxing; he couldnt solve or take away golovkins jab..neither could jacobs for that matter.

Canelo boxed Golovkin like no one else has and landed shots on Golovkin that no one else has.

I've watched that fight twice now, and while I agree it was close, I really don't see what Golovkin was doing that impressed you guys so much. He was just following Canelo around. He was never able to keep Canelo where he wanted him, the number of truly clean punches he landed was minimal too.

Canelo boxed his ears off, I really don't see how people thought Golovkin did as well as people are saying. I mean, he did OK but well enough for people to say he clearly won this by a couple of rounds? No. That didn't happen. You guys are giving too much credit to the guy walking forward.

question, if u felt canelo boxed his ears off; how was it close. And i ask this respectfully...i trying to understand...

i never seen anyone outside of floyd jab canelo up like golovkin and he did it as canelo sat back to counter, whereas saul pressed floyd

This is laughable. Here's a statement from an authoritative body called the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board (TBRB). They actually have members considered legitimate "experts" spanning 21 countries/regions across all 6 habitable continents. Its founders used to work for The Ring until 2012 when they formed. They're not calling it a robbery but they are saying that the decision was the wrong one. None of their members are from Kazakhstan, either. Here are their bios listing their credentials → http://www.tbrb.org/members

This is laughable. Here's a statement from an authoritative body called the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board (TBRB). They actually have members considered legitimate "experts" spanning 21 countries/regions across all 6 habitable continents. Its founders used to work for The Ring until 2012 when they formed. They're not calling it a robbery but they are saying that the decision was the wrong one. None of their members are from Kazakhstan, either. Here are their bios listing their credentials → http://www.tbrb.org/members

They've got Springs Toledo (see photo) responsible for "Oversight" and that's good enough for me.

b.jpg

http://www.tbrb.org/members/

"He writes about outcasts, outlaws, and underdogs and is attracted to real-life reckonings and themes such as heroism, hubris, and redemption--all of which he finds in the boxing ring."

https://www.springstoledo.com/bio

They've got Springs Toledo (see photo) responsible for "Oversight" and that's good enough for me.

b.jpg

http://www.tbrb.org/members/
I've talked to him several times. But he's just one of many that are deeply involved with boxing on a daily basis over there. They have several Mexicans on their board as well, not just Mexican-Americans. The most important part of this one guy's bio is probably...

SPRINGS TOLEDO, a native of Boston, Massachusetts, has contributed to City Journal, Salon, Boxing News, THE RING, HBO, Sports on Earth, and The Sweet Science. His work has been recognized twenty-five times by the Boxing Writers Association of America since 2010 and has been featured on NPR's Here & Now.

Toledo is also a founding member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board, an international, all-volunteer initiative to help reform a sport gone mad.

Last edited:
I think its ridiculous how personally some people take it when someone scores a fight different from them.

It's really wierd. Like it's an unspoken questioning of thier intelligence or something.

question, if u felt canelo boxed his ears off; how was it close. And i ask this respectfully...i trying to understand...

Same reason I say Canelo put on a clinic and agree with the draw. Canelo's "inactivity" hurt him, he spent too much time in between his best shots showing responsible defensive ability on the ropes but throwing too infrequently to win many of the rounds, you had to give them to GGG. I think a draw was perfect, but Canelo's gas tank failed him. That being said, Seanos description is pretty accurate of the fight.

I did see some “Golovkin beat him pillar to post” posts, and I can’t say I agree. Mosley beat Margarito pillar to post. Gennady outjabbed Canelo.

mosley beat margarito like he owed him money.

Same reason I say Canelo put on a clinic and agree with the draw. Canelo's "inactivity" hurt him, he spent too much time in between his best shots showing responsible defensive ability on the ropes but throwing too infrequently to win many of the rounds, you had to give them to GGG. I think a draw was perfect, but Canelo's gas tank failed him. That being said, Seanos description is pretty accurate of the fight.
Boxing fans and commentators have created an unspoken alliance in favor of "the puncher". Basically they count glancing blows from "the puncher" like clean power shots and clean shots as if they hurt the boxer. Meanwhile the boxer's clean power shots are treated like jabs.

I thought Golovkin won but there were plenty of pick em rounds, it was a very close fight. I've got no issue with a draw even though I'm more of a fan of Golovkin than Canelo. Tbh it gets annoying seeing people complain about every other high profile close fight decision or somewhat controversial referee call. It's a sport with a subjective scoring criteria, shit happens.

Canelo's low punch output in some rounds made it close. He still boxed him up. When was the last time you saw Golovkin have that much trouble getting his money punches in?

Overall it was a good fight, just one judge messed it all up

Fuck them. You're laughable. Stop telling me other people's opinions as though they are facts.

I had it a draw, which is like one round different than you.

But your first sentence is something that I see no relevance in. GGG's dominance against other fighters does not mean anything in this fight. Canelo doesn't get any bonus points because of GGG's typical dominance.

I also think a point of disagreement in scoring comes from this idea that if Canelo makes GGG miss or look bad, it subtracts from GGG's scoring for that round in some way. Like every time GGG lands a shot he gets a point, but then loses that point if he misses a shot. That's obviously not a great description, but you know what I mean. I don't think a guy loses a round for missing shots if he is still landing more (in a general sense). Looking good is not a scoring criteria.

I had it a draw, which is like one round different than you.

But your first sentence is something that I see no relevance in. GGG's dominance against other fighters does not mean anything in this fight. Canelo doesn't get any bonus points because of GGG's typical dominance.

I also think a point of disagreement in scoring comes from this idea that if Canelo makes GGG miss or look bad, it subtracts from GGG's scoring for that round in some way. Like every time GGG lands a shot, he gets a point, but then loses that point is he misses a shot. That's obviously not a great description, but you know what I mean. I don't think a guy loses a round for missing shots if he is still landing more (in a general sense). Looking good is not a scoring criteria.
I didn't say he got bonus points. No need to put words in my mouth.

Back