GGG Canelo proved "experts" and casuals suck

BoxMeIrl

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Folks we are getting to a point where popular big punchers will need to basically be destroyed by a slick boxer for a close fight to not be considered a "robbery". Any close fight where a popular big puncher doesnt win on the cards is corruption now? Fans and pundits who create these controversies are terrible for the sport.

Guess what guys? You can win a round off your back foot if you land the cleaner, crisper work. Do people just hate skilled boxers now over brawlers?

I don’t see the issue with thinking Golovkin won.

I don’t see the issue with thinking Golovkin won.
Neither do I. But to think a draw is crazy or that canelo won is a travesty is ridiculous. It was a coin flip fight with like 4 coin flip rounds

Neither do I. But to think a draw is crazy or that canelo won is a travesty is ridiculous. It was a coin flip fight with like 4 coin flip rounds

I agree with that. I think most people would, but that horrible scorecard rubbed em the wrong way.

I agree with that. I think most people would, but that horrible scorecard rubbed em the wrong way.
I dont want to come off anti-GGG. My card was 116 112 canelo but there were so many tossup rounds that i knew if someone scored for aggression (which i dont personally) ggg won.
I just hate that people are shitting on an awesome boxing night over one card that was about 2 rounds from reasonable.

I did see some “Golovkin beat him pillar to post” posts, and I can’t say I agree. Mosley beat Margarito pillar to post. Gennady outjabbed Canelo.

I did see some “Golovkin beat him pillar to post” posts, and I can’t say I agree. Mosley beat Margarito pillar to post. Gennady outjabbed Canelo.
In my opinion GGG was effective with his jab and was legit unfazed by canelo's shots. That said, i appreciate counterpunching and clean shots so on my card i gave canelo a lot of coin flip rounds. No strong argument if people went the other way.
If GGG had won i would not have shat my pants like GGG fans are.

Folks we are getting to a point where popular big punchers will need to basically be destroyed by a slick boxer for a close fight to not be considered a "robbery". Any close fight where a popular big puncher doesnt win on the cards is corruption now? Fans and pundits who create these controversies are terrible for the sport.

Guess what guys? You can win a round off your back foot if you land the cleaner, crisper work. Do people just hate skilled boxers now over brawlers?

Ridiculous.

The result of the fight was fine. The 118-110 scorecard was highway robbery. It may not have changed the actual outcome of the fight but that doesn't matter at all. One fighter was given zero chance to win on one scorecard for no reason at all. Even De La Hoya said that card makes no sense whatsoever. The NSAC said the judge got it wrong and is going to make her watch the fight with him and give her reasoning for scoring the fight the way she did round by fucking round.

In my opinion GGG was effective with his jab and was legit unfazed by canelo's shots. That said, i appreciate counterpunching and clean shots so on my card i gave canelo a lot of coin flip rounds. No strong argument if people went the other way.
If GGG had won i would not have shat my pants like GGG fans are.

When the fight was over I said it would be a draw. I think anything not far either side of that is all good.

Ridiculous.

The result of the fight was fine. The 118-110 scorecard was highway robbery. It may not have changed the actual outcome of the fight but that doesn't matter at all. One fighter was given zero chance to win on one scorecard for no reason at all. Even De La Hoya said that card makes no sense whatsoever. The NSAC said the judge got it wrong and is going to make her watch the fight with him and give her reasoning for scoring the fight the way she did round by fucking round.

They better do that with a single camera angle from her sitting position otherwise that’s all for show.

I’m not defending the score but watching ringside isn’t like watching from home.

Ridiculous.

I didnt agree with her card and it was clearly too wide. That said, i had no dog on the fight and i had it canelo 1,2,3,5,9,10,11,12.
I scored that way on the basis of cleaner counter punching in a fight where no one really got hurt. Watch the fight and tell me one of my rounds is a ridiculous.
Round by round scoring sucks for power punchers. It is what it is.

I need to watch the fight again. I’ve seen some people give Canelo rounds that I thought were clear Golovkin, and Golovkin rounds I thought were clear Canelo.

Fight reminds me of Floyd/Castillo. I was too young to remember the immediate aftermath though.

They better do that with a single camera angle from her sitting position otherwise that’s all for show.

I’m not defending the score but watching ringside isn’t like watching from home.
Same. Im willing to admit im dead wrong. I scored it live with fight fans i respect but im gonna rewatch with the controversy in mind...

Same. Im willing to admit im dead wrong. I scored it live with fight fans i respect but im gonna rewatch with the controversy in mind...

I watched with a friend of mine who fights that I used to train with. At first we both thought Golovkin won, but then when the scores were read I actually went back and thought about how each of us scored each round. It evened up. I think the way the rounds break up is important. It’s easy to forget the early rounds, especially when the guy who probably lost those rounds sweeps most of the middle rounds in a row. The perception is that he’s been winning longer.

it's more like any result where a big puncher like golovkin doesn't get the KO, he automatically loses in many eyes including the judges...

GGG won on points without getting a KO or knockdown so the haters say he lost. That's whats really going on

it's more like any result where a big puncher like golovkin doesn't get the KO, he automatically loses in many eyes including the judges...

GGG won on points without getting a KO or knockdown so the haters say he lost. That's whats really going on
If GGG won it was by a round or two and it requires a judge that favors coming forward over landing clean power punching.

But both guys punch hard. I doubt the judges sit there and think no ko no win.

Then again I don't pretend to know what Byrd was thinking. I'm surprised people don't want the rematch, first fight was great, let's see it again.

We're in the era of the crybaby. From politics to sports, if those following it don't get their way, they throw a tantrum.

Most people just seem to prefer the aggressor in a close fight.

I dont want to come off anti-GGG. My card was 116 112 canelo but there were so many tossup rounds that i knew if someone scored for aggression (which i dont personally) ggg won.
I just hate that people are shitting on an awesome boxing night over one card that was about 2 rounds from reasonable.
Your incompetence rivals Ms. Byrd.

Back