Georges St-Pierre would've outstruck a prime Anderson Silva

GSP avoided Silva like the plague. TS has more faith in GSP than GSP has in himself

{<hhh]

It just occurred to me that Silva landed a TD on Sonnen in the first fight.

love the people claiming GSP ducked silva

Silva made 170 before for many fights in his career. all of a sudden he couldn't relinquish a size advantage?

yea TS agree with ya...
that's why GSP ran away from this fight, actually

You must say it. You said he knew about PED use. How? Telepathic...you AND GSP?

You know what the difference is? I was kidding. I'm not actually saying GSP avoided Anderson because of steroids. I'm just making the obvious joke, because Anderson is a proven cheater.

You, on the other hand, state as fact something you couldn't possibly know, unless, of course, you are also kidding and not a rabid psycho?

Silva by KO.

Silva still KOs GSP today.

You know what the difference is? I was kidding. I'm not actually saying GSP avoided Anderson because of steroids. I'm just making the obvious joke, because Anderson is a proven cheater.

You, on the other hand, state as fact something you couldn't possibly know, unless, of course, you are also kidding and not a rabid psycho?

But how can you say he was cheating during a period he did not test positive? bashing much?

Ok look I'm not saying that GSP would've beaten Silva in a kickboxing match or anything (I actually think GSP wouldn't have been that impressive in a pure striking match against a lot of guys he outstruck in MMA), but what I am saying is that if the two fought in their primes, GSP would've gotten the better of him on the feet because of the takedown threat + GSP just being a better MMA fighter.

I believe that if GSP and Anderson fought in 2009, GSP not only would've won, but would've mopped the floor with Anderson. This is because:

1. No way in hell Anderson stops GSP's takedowns
2. No way in hell Anderson subs GSP off his back
3. GSP's underrated MMA striking, in conjunction with his GOAT level changes and reactive takedowns, would've made it so that Anderson was too hesitant to throw much with fight-ending intent, and it would've neutralised Anderson's leg kicking game because GSP was one of the best at catching kicks.

GSP is far from the best pure striker, but this isn't kickboxing, and effective MMA-adapted striking is the only thing that matters in the Octagon.

GSP's GOAT jab, which would've been a great weapon to use against Anderson:

GSP knocking down prime Alves with a cross thrown with perfect technique:

GSP catching Condit's leg kick and taking him down, which undoubtedly would've happed against Silva:

GSP bless
You forgo the these gifs
sonnen100.gif

CHAEL+DROPS+ANDERSON+UFC+117+GIF.gif

Silva always has a problem with takedown threat.even one dimensional Chael was dropping silva on feet

Because Chael threw that silly spinning backfist

Well, yeah. Anderson was a much better fighter than Chael.
Indeed. Silva was too composed on the feet, then. His grappling was also very strong( for that era ). I don’t see GSP having success, where much bigger fighters failed. Yes, GSP is in another league, technique wise, but I think Silva’s timing and size would end GSP.

GSP had his chance to challenge himself but didn’t do it. He acted like fighting Bisping at 185 was was ground breaking, david vs Goliath lol. BJ and others have gone up weight divisionS to fight the best fighters and to challenge themselves more than a decade ago.
TS we’ll never know because he didn’t have the balls back on the day

Back