Georges St-Pierre would've outstruck a prime Anderson Silva

GSP is probably the GOAT but he avoided this matchup so we will never know.

It’s possIble of course, just as it’s possible GSP gets finished by a front kick to the face.

Indeed. Silva was too composed on the feet, then. His grappling was also very strong( for that era ). I don’t see GSP having success, where much bigger fighters failed. Yes, GSP is in another league, technique wise, but I think Silva’s timing and size would end GSP.

Size is the reason GSP gave for years. Silva is quite a bit bigger.

Hendo was a classic example of a wrestler who fell in-love with his punching power. Worked out well for his career, just not that fight against AS.
Prime Hendo used wrestling against Andy and still got strangled in less than 2 rounds.

Hendo is a top 10 GOAT and prime Hendo is one of the biggest wins of all time.

Just admit it. Anderson is the GOAT.

Prime Hendo used wrestling against Andy and still got strangled in less than 2 rounds.

Your favorite talking point about GSP is his loss to Matt sera. So how can you call a guy a goat who has lost to some Japanese scrub who was like
4-7 when they fought. Also, dick pills.

Your favorite talking point about GSP is his loss to Matt sera. So how can you call a guy a goat who has lost to some Japanese scrub who was like
4-7 when they fought. Also, dick pills.
Prime WW champ GSP tapped to strikes against LW Matt Serra within 4 minutes.

Prime Silva never lost and he went on a 17 fight win streak (10 title defenses) with 15 finishes (13 within 2 rounds).

GOATs finish fights.

Anderson and Fedor are the GOATs.

Anderson is arguably the best striker, however if we're going to discuss greatness, then there's no one greater than George St-Pierre. No one and the book isn't even closed for GSP.

Ok look I'm not saying that GSP would've beaten Silva in a kickboxing match or anything (I actually think GSP wouldn't have been that impressive in a pure striking match against a lot of guys he outstruck in MMA), but what I am saying is that if the two fought in their primes, GSP would've gotten the better of him on the feet because of the takedown threat + GSP just being a better MMA fighter.

I believe that if GSP and Anderson fought in 2009, GSP not only would've won, but would've mopped the floor with Anderson. This is because:

1. No way in hell Anderson stops GSP's takedowns
2. No way in hell Anderson subs GSP off his back
3. GSP's underrated MMA striking, in conjunction with his GOAT level changes and reactive takedowns, would've made it so that Anderson was too hesitant to throw much with fight-ending intent, and it would've neutralised Anderson's leg kicking game because GSP was one of the best at catching kicks.

GSP is far from the best pure striker, but this isn't kickboxing, and effective MMA-adapted striking is the only thing that matters in the Octagon.

GSP's GOAT jab, which would've been a great weapon to use against Anderson:

GSP knocking down prime Alves with a cross thrown with perfect technique:

GSP catching Condit's leg kick and taking him down, which undoubtedly would've happed against Silva:

GSP bless
Georges was probably the second best striker, or at least boxer back then. In 2010 (anytime post-Serra 1), he wouldn't have even tried to outstrike Anderson.

Anderson is arguably the best striker, however if we're going to discuss greatness, then there's no one greater than George St-Pierre. No one and the book isn't even closed for GSP.
Pro MMA fighters confirmed that

Anderson, Fedor, Jones > GSP and it wasn’t close.

Fedor won the last official Sherdog GOAT poll and it wasn’t close.

What’s GSP the GOAT of again?

Pro MMA fighters confirmed that

Anderson, Fedor, Jones > GSP and it wasn’t close.

Fedor won the last official Sherdog GOAT poll and it wasn’t close.

What’s GSP the GOAT of again?

Most decorated UFC champion, soon to be 3 division champion.
All time ppv king.
Most UFC wins.
Great ambassador of the sport.

Im a big fan of both, but come on, Andy ain't in the same ball park.

Last edited:
Ok look I'm not saying that GSP would've beaten Silva in a kickboxing match or anything (I actually think GSP wouldn't have been that impressive in a pure striking match against a lot of guys he outstruck in MMA), but what I am saying is that if the two fought in their primes, GSP would've gotten the better of him on the feet because of the takedown threat + GSP just being a better MMA fighter.

I believe that if GSP and Anderson fought in 2009, GSP not only would've won, but would've mopped the floor with Anderson. This is because:

1. No way in hell Anderson stops GSP's takedowns
2. No way in hell Anderson subs GSP off his back
3. GSP's underrated MMA striking, in conjunction with his GOAT level changes and reactive takedowns, would've made it so that Anderson was too hesitant to throw much with fight-ending intent, and it would've neutralised Anderson's leg kicking game because GSP was one of the best at catching kicks.

GSP is far from the best pure striker, but this isn't kickboxing, and effective MMA-adapted striking is the only thing that matters in the Octagon.

GSP's GOAT jab, which would've been a great weapon to use against Anderson:

GSP knocking down prime Alves with a cross thrown with perfect technique:

GSP catching Condit's leg kick and taking him down, which undoubtedly would've happed against Silva:

GSP bless
Cocaine is a hell of drug

Most decorated UFC champion, soon to be 3 division champion.
All time ppv king.
Most UFC wins.
Geat ambassador of the sport.

Im a big fan of both, but come on, Andy ain't in the same ball park.
Lol

Maybe...but Anderson would only beed one shot to finish him whereas I don't see GSP knocking him out

Prime WW champ GSP tapped to strikes against LW Matt Serra within 4 minutes.

Prime Silva never lost and he went on a 17 fight win streak (10 title defenses) with 15 finishes (13 within 2 rounds).

GOATs finish fights.

Anderson and Fedor are the GOATs.
GSP has never faced a man he didn’t beat. Anderson and fedor both have losses they will never get back.

GSP has never faced a man he didn’t beat. Anderson and fedor both have losses they will never get back.
GSP also retired at the age of 32 (after a beatdown by Hendricks) when the competition started getting well rounded.

Anderson and Fedor have both won fights when they were 40+ years of age.

GSP has fought one time past the age of 32.

GSP also retired at the age of 32 (after a beatdown by Hendricks) when the competition started getting well rounded.

Anderson and Fedor have both won fights when they were 40+ years of age.

GSP has fought one time past the age of 32.

You would think Anderson fans would be intelligent enough to set into the sunset after his second failed drug test, but apparently there's a few punch drunken idiots that are still here.

But what do i know? I'm just a stupid whitebelt.

You would think Anderson fans would be intelligent enough to set into the sunset after his second failed drug test, but apparently there's a few punch drunken idiots that are still here.
Anderson is the GOAT.

Back