George A. Romero, Father of the Zombie Film, Dies at 77

Day Of The Dead gave me legit skidmarks and nightmares. Also, one of the first directors to elevate black actors to main cast, even in settings where pain and biting death was a certainty.

A powerful and iconic SJW. Way ahead of his time. Tyrese and T-Dawg would still be with us if he directed that shit. MOAR Romero pleze.

OnovB6Z.jpg

Fuck me...

Romero's night of the living dead wasn't merely a zombie film, but a reflection on our biases and shortcomings as a society. A visionary creator who initiated something great that will entertain and provoke thought for generations.

Martin Landau and George Romero dies on the same day!?

200.gif

One of my all time favorite film makers. Thank you for everything sir.

R.I.P.

RIP. Quite a legend

I just had to talk shit about "Dawn Of Dead" yesterday...

Now I feel like an asshole.

RIP.

"Hello! Is anybody there?!?!"

Damn, I was just watching Night of The Living Dead (1990 remake) yesterday night. That is fucking weird. RIP to one of my favorite film makers, a man who got me into horror when I first watched Dawn of The Dead. From there on I tried to seek out as many zombie movies as possible.

Same man I was watching it last week also. Shocked.

Such a shame we can't double like because these boys(uwueueghegheugh!!!) were great. With Noah they chucked us a curve ball because he represented the future in this apocalyptic nightmare and they gave him an absolutely horrific death. The kind i would only watch again if i were to re-watch the whole damn show, which i might. If i have the time and mental fortitude.

RIP Explosive WD cast. And RIP Romero....unless he rises again lol

Such memes ahead lol

Just make sure that he doesn't get re-animated and tries to eat our brains.

Shit!

I was watching Dawn of the Dead(1978) yesterday!

RIP one of the greats.:(

Night of the Living Dead is not just a great horror film, it's one of the most important movies in all of cinema. He broke the mold by making movies genuinely scary again, and gave Hollywood the bird by filming entirely independent. This film gave birth to movie ratings because it was scaring the bejesus out of everyone. His name shall never die.

Last edited:
RIP

But Return of the living dead is better than any Zombie movie Romero ever made

I loved his work, especially Creepshow 1 & 2. Sad day to a legend. RIP.

Night of the Living Dead is still the GOAT zombie movie, imo.

R.I.P., George.

RIP

But Return of the living dead is better than any Zombie movie Romero ever made

I never quite got this urge to act like a fucking jackass no matter what. No one gives a fuck about what you think is better. Like there is any fucking reason to bring this up in a death thread other than to be a worthless dickbag...that being said, yes, RotLD is better movie.....this is not a costume, it is a way of life.

I never quite got this urge to act like a fucking jackass no matter what. No one gives a fuck about what you think is better. Like there is any fucking reason to bring this up in a death thread other than to be a worthless dickbag...that being said, yes, RotLD is better movie.....this is not a costume, it is a way of life.

Fuck off

I said RIP and frankly I don't give a rats ass what you or anyone on sherdog thinks of me

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back