General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - May, 2017

thoughts on holobaugh/jz?

I favor holobaugh at this stage , cardio edge should be a factor in rd 4/5

But not sure if I'll lay the juice

Edit: I said the above when he was -195. I'm not touching -265.

Last edited:
I can't believe shorty Torres opened -185. And I was stuck with a VR headset on and wasn't watching my phone.

I just dropped 5.4u at -270.
Likewise dude that's a crazy awesome line one of the best recently I think.

Farkhad is a good fighter, but athletically he can not compete, he's been squeezing by his last few wins. I just can't see this not being a dominant win for Torres.

I'm also taking Terry although I'd like better odds, it opened even & I thought he'd get bet down but it's gone to -110. I'll wait and see.

Last edited:

Farkhad is a good fighter, but athletically he can not compete, he's been squeezing by his last few wins. I just can't see this not being a dominant win for Torres.

I'm also taking Terry although I'd like better odds, it opened even & I thought he'd get bet down but it's gone to -110. I'll wait and see.

Yep. I cap Torres legit around -800

Who's Terry? Not familiar with him

Talk to me about this one. No idea on that fight.

5D:

Valentina Shevchenko +120
Amanda Nunes -150

Hmm, was hoping for better on Shev. Holding off for now.

Yep. I cap Torres legit around -800

Who's Terry? Not familiar with him
I'm almost a shade nervous as if they know something we don't. Like why would they open it at -185. Last fight vs a better opponent it opened in the same range & I think he ended up around -300 too. Really weird.

Terry is a scrappy South American fighter (living in Miami) this is a bit of a fade on DeJesus. Dejesus kind of reminds me of Cedano very athletic, but no real process. I have read that he is a BJJ BB, but I don't really see evidence of that from his past fights.

Terry has been training for a long time, had a competitive kick boxing match with SouthKath (or however you spell his name the dude that fought Alberto morales) and he trains at a legit gym in FFA. I think Terry out lasts DeJesus, and or takes him down and gets the sub. Also

I'm not that confident in it, but I'm hoping to get +odds and then pulling the trigger.

DeJesus last fight is on YouTube. He did not look good at all on the ground (given the other guys BJJ was pretty good) and his striking was really wild and not accurate also no use of kicks really.

torres starting to get hammered.. -485 and climbing on bm...

I'm almost a shade nervous as if they know something we don't. Like why would they open it at -185. Last fight vs a better opponent it opened in the same range & I think he ended up around -300 too. Really weird.

Terry is a scrappy South American fighter (living in Miami) this is a bit of a fade on DeJesus. Dejesus kind of reminds me of Cedano very athletic, but no real process. I have read that he is a BJJ BB, but I don't really see evidence of that from his past fights.

Terry has been training for a long time, had a competitive kick boxing match with SouthKath (or however you spell his name the dude that fought Alberto morales) and he trains at a legit gym in FFA. I think Terry out lasts DeJesus, and or takes him down and gets the sub. Also

I'm not that confident in it, but I'm hoping to get +odds and then pulling the trigger.
He's + odds now

I can't find Edir's last MMA fight but his stand up looks ok in that muay thai fight vs Soukmanthath. The Brazilian dude looks like garbage.

Titan 44 Risk: 605
torres -270: 540 for 200
jz +255: 40 for 102 / holobaugh
turnquest +195: 25 for 48.75 / stevens
---

1 unit on Turnquest. I watched Stevens last fight & he imo lost it, & didn't look good. Turnquest is going to have a 8-9 inch reach advantage, has good cardio, and is at least even with Stevens on the feet. Fuck it bumping it up to a 1.75u play

1.1u @ +195
.65 @ +175

Betting Balaev -130 in the ACB main event, 1.33u. Dude is rugged as fuck with an aggressive pressure wrestling style that he has now proven he can keep up for 25 mins. Bataev too low volume, too young, tdd kind of unproven but Donald Sanchez scores the sloppiest td of all time on him which leads me to believe a legit really good wrestler like Balaev is gonna have success, and honestly idk if his cardio is gonna hold up going against a guy whos gonna be in his face the entire twenty five mins

EDIT lol looks like I moved him to -150. I cap him -180 so still not bad

Titan FC 44 Risk $177.50

Jose Torres/Farkhad Sharipov does not start round 5 (-111) ~$97.50 for ~$87.84
Gesias Cavalcante (+235) vs Kurt Holobaugh $50.00 for $117.50
Robert Turnquest (+175) vs Marc Stevens $30.00 for $52.50

shev + odds is good enough for me, think how terrible nunes will be in 3, 4 and 5.

Back