General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - March, 2018

Took JDS at -150 and Im really happy about it. I dont trust Tuivasa at all. IMO he lost the Arlovski fight and beat one of the worst HWs in Asker.
I see JDS picking him apart from range and probably finishing him at the end. I would cap JDS like -300 or something.

Also took Gus over Jones at +218. I think the fight will be close. Jones had greenlight from USADA to roid the whole time he was suspended (I think he didnt even got tested once) but last time he was clean he didnt looked good.
Gus is a bad matchup for him. This fight should be closer to 50/50.

Will go with Ayala vs Mir at +112. Does anybody else think that the line is slightly off? Ayala has proven 1 punch KO power and good TDD. Mir has bad TDD and a shot chin. IDK why Javy is not the favorite here other than bettors not knowing who he is.

Love your JDS pick and am jealous of the -150, especially since the line is (temporarily) back at -160 on 5Dimes. Gus vs. Jones at +218 is respectable, too.

However, I don't like betting on Ayala versus Mir. I remember watching Ayala's fight against Kongo and turning to my girlfriend and saying "Man, Kongo JUST needs to fire the straight right counter against Ayala's sloppy, awful hooks and he will knock him out". 10 seconds later it happens.

Ayala is getting too much respect because he caught Kharitinov with a punch very early, which can happen at any time with heavyweights, but isn't a reflection of his (very low level) skill.

Mir is largely washed-up, but he threw some solid punches against Fedor and has an alternative route to victory by taking Ayala down and tapping him.

Why would anybody take JDS even for -150, when we can currently get Mark Hunt against Justin Willis for -112?

And that fight is in happening in goddamn Australia, which is Hunt's yard basically.
What am I missing here???

I immidiately had to put 25units on this.

If the line improves on this I would even go further, but I guess this line will get totally bet down soon

Why would anybody take JDS even for -150, when we can currently get Mark Hunt against Justin Willis for -112?

And that fight is in happening in goddamn Australia, which is Hunt's yard basically.

If the line improves on this I would even go further, but I guess this line will get totally bet down soon

There is literally no comparison. Junior Dos Santos recently beat another shorter brawler with a tough chin in Blagoy Ivanov, and I would argue Ivanov is significantly better and more skilled than Tuivasa is. Dos Santos wasn't in his prime, but he still looked decent, and comfortably beat Ivanov over all 5 rounds.

It's reasonable to think he will do the same versus Tuivasa.

Hunt I wouldn't trust against anyone at this point. He was knocked down by a punch from Oleynik of all fighters.

Unless your unit = $1 I'd be very worried about that wager.

Cage Odds - anyone know anything about these dudes?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 8.22.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 8.22.43 PM.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 13

Mark Hunt will be 45 years old in 4 months. This is his last fight in the UFC too.

Tuivasa is exactly the type of fighter JDS look good against. Sloppy, slow, shorter and with bad cardio.

Tai is fun to watch and to hear.. but he is outmatched here.

Agree with @PolarBearPaulVarelans that Ivanov is way better than Tuivasa. Much much better.

Some odds up for One fc today.
Mauro Cerilli @4.00 vs Brandon Vera is an interesting line.
Vera looked decent his other one fc fights but he's 41 now and coming off a 2 year lay off.This is also up at HW.
Cerilli seems a HW with some power..blasted cage warriors LHW champ Karl Moore in rd1 as a big underdog his last fight.

Am I the only degen that has max bet the Lidell / Ortiz fight? On Ortiz for sure. Hes still a professional and actually looks in better shape than he has in recent fights (and wins) like against Chael.

Last edited:
Am I the only degen that has max bet the Lidell / Ortiz bet? On Ortiz for sure. Hes still a professional and actually looks in better shape than he has in recent fights (and wins) like against Chael.
I have a lifetime biggest set of wagers ever on Tito.

Just checked the fight times, almost missed the card. Fucking finally UFC lets Europeans to watch it

Fight's on! god help us.

Chuck of old to stuff Tito's first takedown attempt, connects on the exit, and KO's him in the first round. I really don't think that's as far fetched as some believe. They both look stiff as shit. I wish Chuck was steeper but I'm putting my money on him.

Fight's on! god help us.

Chuck of old to stuff Tito's first takedown attempt, connects on the exit, and KO's him in the first round. I really don't think that's as far fetched as some believe. They both look stiff as shit. I wish Chuck was steeper but I'm putting my money on him.

Tito looks amazing IMO. Dude has been on a good diet of supplements.

Chuck redefines the "dadbod" concept. He looks more like granpabod. Fuck he looks old soft and fragile.

Tito looks amazing IMO. Dude has been on a good diet of supplements.

Chuck redefines the "dadbod" concept. He looks more like granpabod. Fuck he looks old soft and fragile.

I'm in the vast minority, and rightly so, and I bet gumball money. But a KO from Chuck honestly wouldn't surprise me. To each their own but this would definitely not be a lifetime max. bet situation for me. That was McGregor-Floyd for me.

That was McGregor-Floyd for me.
Maidana vs Mayweather 1 for me. Still cant believe I got Floyd at 1.53.

Im surprised about Tito line. I bet him 2 days ago and I could freerolll right now. He is like -400 LOL. IIRC he was -210 or something at some point.

Very confident in Ortiz liddell U1.5 - 150. I'd like the fight to stay standing but I think either way liddell won't last long

Back