Gegard Mousasi will fight anyone, but hopes Nick Diaz wants to fight him

Beating Nick wouldn't do anything for Mousasi rankings wise.

But it would mean $$$, and up his profile with the fans. So I can see why he'd want it.

There's a risk though that he beats Nick too unimpressively. Expectations would be high for Gegard here.

Just fighting Conor alone increased Nates ranking in LW even though it was at WW... If this fight happens and it gets some hype, it may not affect the rankings but Moose would have some serious buzz going to get a big fight/title shot afterwards if he won. Beating Nick Diaz definitely counts for something, even if he doesn't move up in the rankings for it.

Legacy stands to be improved for moose as well, Nicks close to a legend if he isn't one so beating him means something. But yes, Gegard has a fair chance to derail his hype train here as well in a loss.. I don't think Nick Diaz is an easy win to say the least.

Just fighting Conor alone increased Nates ranking in LW even though it was at WW... If this fight happens and it gets some hype, it may not affect the rankings but Moose would have some serious buzz going to get a big fight/title shot afterwards if he won. Beating Nick Diaz definitely counts for something, even if he doesn't move up in the rankings for it.

Legacy stands to be improved for moose as well, Nicks close to a legend if he isn't one so beating him means something. But yes, Gegard has a fair chance to derail his hype train here as well in a loss.. I don't think Nick Diaz is an easy win to say the least.

Looky look, a smart person on sherdog.

Looky look, a smart person on sherdog.

get

I love how guys are calling out fighters from lower weight classes if they have a big name.

Real brave there Saucy, why don't you try not getting knocked out by TUF rejects first?

Beating Nick wouldn't do anything for Mousasi rankings wise.

But it would mean $$$, and up his profile with the fans. So I can see why he'd want it.

There's a risk though that he beats Nick too unimpressively. Expectations would be high for Gegard here.
Man I'd be rooting for Nick but that's a tough match. Then again I was thinking Anderson would KO Nick yet Nick hardly took any damage in that fight.

Well said.

Although I believe Gegard would win, I dont think it will be as easy as he thinks. You dont simply go in their and beat Nicks ass... You better pack a lunch because he doesnt stop.

Back