Gegard Mousasi says ‘life is easier’ in Bellator after being ‘small fish’ in UFC; criticizes the UFC

Well said by the Moose.

Pity he left, you'd fancy him to beat Rockhold, Weidman, Bisping, GSP and Whittaker. Jacare and Yoel would be tricky matchups.

The problem is not having to take the hard road, everybody should get the hard road to a title shot, but the problem is some get the easy road

Right and that seems to be what he's resenting. Didn't seem like he had any problem with the notion that it would be difficult for him to get to the MW belt. It was more the notion that it was not equally difficult for everyone and the UFC made sure of that because they have incentive for certain people to get into prime positions rather than others.

Moose fan since Dream. Just hope Bellator treats him right. The guy is a class act and will be champ for a long time.

In a BIG defense, Gegard had already challenged him and I QUOTE, BISPING: I'm the champ and I call the shots - Bisping vs. Mousasi is bad for business plus If I recall Mike was "injured" or he was still hunting down the Gsp ship which he unfortunately got.
I get what youre saying- outside of physically putting his hands on him , he could of really verbally assaulted him to the point of being inappropriate but that's not the way Gegard is .

Remember- Anderson has stolen a few fights from Mousasi and the Bisping fight in London was a biggie.He fights Gegard (and I bring up the domino effect of the entire middleweight class when Luke dropped the ball) back in London, well- Mike isn't champ today.Who knows what scenario we d have on our hands.

Bisping was honest enough to blurt out on a couple of occasions.....and I QUOTE: " I was relieved not having to fight Gegard Mousasi "

Agreed.

Bisping would have more than likely said the same shit to TMZ even had Moussasi walked in there and said something like "Michael, you cocky P&$&@$, we are fighting next, and I'm going to destroy you And tear the belt belt from your undeserving waist, if only so that the honor of the MW division can be once again redeemed".

But had he done that, the UFC may have started putting real and immediate pressure on him to man up and fight Moussasi. Remember, the Whitaker-Romero interim bout was only just being scheduled and it would have been perfect to have both the interim and title fights going on consecutive cards.

UFC 217 would have been the title unification bout.

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/10/15...ier-in-bellator-after-being-small-fish-in-ufc

“I was a small fish in the UFC. I’m a big fish in Bellator. That’s why I want to do my part to grow with Bellator. There’s a connection that I don’t have with UFC. It’s a company, like a factory. With Bellator, it’s more that I’m part of the family, and I’m doing the best I can to grow with the family.”

Gegard Mousasi not happy about Yoel Romero vs Robert Whittaker interim title fight[/paste:font]
The disconnection between Mousasi and UFC shouldn’t come as a surprise. Just hours after announcing his contract signing with Bellator earlier this year, the former Strikeforce champion took direct aim at UFC and blasted its partnership with Reebok. It wasn’t the first time Mousasi publicly challenged UFC and probably won’t be the last.

“I was treated well in the UFC because I got the opportunity to get where I am now,” Mousasi said. “But, if I was to criticize them, I think the fairness of payment or the fairness of getting a title shot, it’s too much about the name of the fighter and who they feel they can build as a star as opposed to who is the best fighter. There are issues. Before the belt I’d have to fight probably Luke Rockhold, I would have fought Yoel Romero because (Robert) Whittaker is next. It would have made my road so difficult to get to the top. Some get an easy road.

“They give the fighters they like matchups suited for them so they can keep winning. They’ll probably do (Conor) McGregor vs. Nate Diaz 3. Why? Because McGregor has a good shot of winning. They’re not going to make a fight with Khabib (Nurmagomedov) or Tony (Ferguson) because it’s bad for the promotion. Those things, you feel as a fighter. I’m not making things up. It’s frustrating. I had to take the hard road. That’s what I feel.”

I agree with Moose. The UFC has screwed over the entire MW division by letting Bisping duck top contenders so that he can defend against 46 year old washed up Hendo and a retired WW.

Thoughts?

Bisping went Anderson Rockhold Hendo GSP..... It's not that bad of a lineup.

At least he finally admit he ducked Rockhold and Romero. I'll be sure to save this thread for those Mousasi fanboys who think he left just because he wasn't being treated fairly.

No respect for mousissy, dude fleed right as he was going to get thrown in to fight the big dogs. Now hes going to fight bums in the bush leagues and act like hes the best MW of all time or some shit.

lol fuck gaygard, ducked luke as well

Mousasi would beat Whittaker and Bisping imo. It was a awful decision to let him go.

At least he finally admit he ducked Rockhold and Romero. I'll be sure to save this thread for those Mousasi fanboys who think he left just because he wasn't being treated fairly.

No respect for mousissy, dude fleed right as he was going to get thrown in to fight the big dogs. Now hes going to fight bums in the bush leagues and act like hes the best MW of all time or some shit.

lol fuck gaygard, ducked luke as well
Hi Dana, Hi Ari

You were ko'd by Uriah hall and that is why you are a small fish to the UFC.

LOL, that doesn't mean anything , he was dominating Uriah the entire fight and he has avenge the loss.

and btw, Mousasi would beat Bisping with ease.

Huh?
The UFC shouldn't have let Moose go neither Jacare. But if I had to choose, Moose is the one to go. I don't get how you come to the conclusion of Moose over Jacare.

Jacare is turning 38 in December. Mousasi turned 32 in August. That is why. I think Jacare is on the downhill, even though he is still a solid fighter at 185.

Hang on... He says he doesn't like that UFC gives some fighters an easy path to the title, yet moved to Bellator, whom within their last few cards gave IMMEDIATE title shots to Bader and Larkin. However, they don't see Mousasi as worthy enough to get an immediate title shot against that Carvaldildo guy?

Reading between the lines, the man is basically whining that he didn't get enough attention and admits he is ducking Yoel, Rockhold and Whittaker.

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/10/15...ier-in-bellator-after-being-small-fish-in-ufc

“They give the fighters they like matchups suited for them so they can keep winning. They’ll probably do (Conor) McGregor vs. Nate Diaz 3. Why? Because McGregor has a good shot of winning. They’re not going to make a fight with Khabib (Nurmagomedov)

Could already be champ if he didn't eat tiramisu, train like an idiot and partake in Ramadan every year.

or Tony (Ferguson) because it’s bad for the promotion. Those things, you feel as a fighter. I’m not making things up. It’s frustrating. I had to take the hard road. That’s what I feel.”

Literally the next fight lined up for Conor.

Moose is sour because he underperformed when he got to the UFC and as a result never got the momentum to a title shot, he was almost there when he crushed post-USADA Wiedman, and then leaves, likely because he knows Wiedman is his ceiling and he could never have beaten Yoel, Rockhold, Jacare (1st fight fluke), Bisping or Whittaker.

I thought the UFC should have let Jacare go, and kept Mousasi (not the other way around). Good signing by Bellator. Looking forward to Bellator signing some more big names, and giving the UFC some real competition.

personally I would rather they drop 10 MWs who aren't in the Top 10 and keep Moose and Jac,

but I'm convinced the UFC knew what they were doing.

In other words, he was destined to be champ, and they decided they didn't want him as champ.

It's a business. Until we as fans stop paying for the product they won't change.

There is something to this.

We can really Only vote/express ourselves with our dollars.

If we don't like what they are doing, we can express that through buying or not buying what they sell.

I purchase far fewer ppvs than I used to. And I don't stream them either.

personally I would rather they drop 10 MWs who aren't in the Top 10 and keep Moose and Jac,

but I'm convinced the UFC knew what they were doing.

In other words, he was destined to be champ, and they decided they didn't want him as champ.

I get being upset that they let moose go.

I don't understand why you mentioned jacare.

Honestly, looking back I can see clearly that they put Moussasi on the show to see whether he would directly challenge Bisping, and he didn't go hard enough. Bisping even admitted right afterwards in an interview with TMZ that the UFC had pretty much given him free reign to fight whoever he wants, and that Moussasi failed to step up in person to challenge him.

I don't like those kind of games one bit, I mean this is supposed to be a sport for f*ck's sake, but the reality is that Moussasi could have actually fought for the title after beating Weidman if he only played his cards correctly on UFC tonight.

Pathetic, but true.

As a big mousasi fan, I feel like he dropped the ball. He could have been fighting for the title if he had made a statement towards bisping

Back