Gaston Glock 94 - RIP

Yup what you been up to old man

n

Yup what you been up to old man
I can't reply in this place on my phone, the fucking thing adds spaces and ruins everything.

congrats and welcome back, I guess. I'm not retired yet so still hanging round here. got a fake knee now, working through the stiffness.

Happy New Year.

Fine pistols.

RIP Gaston.

Cause I put away the shotgun bought me a glock

So is Gaston Glock up there with Mikhail Kalashnikov and Eugene Stoner?

I wouldn't say so. He was clearly a better businessman, scummier, and had a much more interesting life story. He never actually designed the 17 himself, nor the polymers involved in the parts. He took the Austrian Army's requirements for a replacement pistol and put together a panel of experts to sort things out.

Colt
Browning
Stoner
Kalashnikov

Those are my Mt. Rushmore of gunmakers. Gaston Glock definitely has a monument somewhere though.
So according to what I know about the Glock, which I learned from watching US Marshals, you can pour sand in them, swim under water, etc., and they’ll still shoot. Is that true?

Also, I might get a pistol for fun and home defense. What do you think of the beretta? Better than a Glock? Worse?

Last edited:
My gay country doesn't let you have pistols.

Why is a glock so special? They look cool as fuck but thats where my knowledge ends

Colt
Browning
Stoner
Kalashnikov

Those are my Mt. Rushmore of gunmakers. Gaston Glock definitely has a monument somewhere though.
I was at my local shop. This guy walks in with a shirt that read:

John&
Eugene&
Mikhail&
Gaston.

Heh.

I'm not knocking Glock. I own a few and they're ok. As for Gaston, he knew little to nothing of firearms. He initially had a cottage industry manufacturing shower curtain rings out of his garage for the Austrian Army. Then, he got a contract to manufacture field knives for them (which led to the 17). He knew a bit about polymer, which was used in both. However, when it came to the polymer requirements for the 17, he used employees from the camera industry to design a formula, as that was out of his league.

RIP.

Personally, I think Glocks are ugly.

I'm a S&W guy, have quite a few of their revolvers. I think their M&P line is great, never had so much as one hiccup over the years. And a couple of mine run dirty as fuck.

Favorite of mine is my M&P40 2.0 with the .357 SIG conversion barrel.

And, I'll just come right out and say it: .357 SIG >>>> .357 Magnum

My gay country doesn't let you have pistols.

Why is a glock so special? They look cool as fuck but thats where my knowledge ends
The are accurate, reliable,versatile, customizable, lots of aftermarket parts, resilient pistols.

I love my glocks above all other pistols and can't even bring myself to shoot anything else!

What a great product. Rip sir.
really? always thought the triggers were quite shitty. even some of the upgraded ones i've tried were bad

really? always thought the triggers were quite shitty. even some of the upgraded ones i've tried were bad

The Gen 5’s are supposed to be better. Haven’t tried but have a Gen 3 clone with one of those shitty hinge triggers (not a fan)
Timney alpha is getting swapped out soon.

Back