Gastelum fighting old men

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I thought he was going back down to 170? Are they just not going to let him try or did he want this fight? He only wants to fight guys that are past their prime at 185, he only fought Weidman because he was on a 3 fight losing streak. He screwed Cerrone over and didn't attempt a catch weight, ruined the Silva fight by being a pothead, missed weight by 10lbs and Woodley let him keep his whole purse but gladly took 30% of Johny's purse when he missed weight by a quarter of a pound.

I hope silva ko's him clean and sends him into retirement. He's not dedicated and is a dickface, he didn't tell anybody he was going to miss weight for the Cerrone fight either. Instead he just didn't show up and put a little message about it on twitter like a bitch.

I liked kg in the past at 170 but I have to agree with you on this. I feel his career is being mishandled and he's partially to blame. I think he'll be 17-6 in no time.

I thought he was going back down to 170? Are they just not going to let him try or did he want this fight? He only wants to fight guys that are past their prime at 185, he only fought Weidman because he was on a 3 fight losing streak. He screwed Cerrone over and didn't attempt a catch weight, ruined the Silva fight by being a pothead, missed weight by 10lbs and Woodley let him keep his whole purse but gladly took 30% of Johny's purse when he missed weight by a quarter of a pound.

I hope silva ko's him clean and sends him into retirement. He's not dedicated and is a dickface, he didn't tell anybody he was going to miss weight for the Cerrone fight either. Instead he just didn't show up and put a little message about it on twitter like a bitch.

You seem to be losing way too much sleep over unimportant crap like this. Who the hell cares anyway, relax.

If gast was serious about his career he would be moving onto to 170 div. To me this is a clear indication he's either too lazy or simply can't make 170

Maybe he's trying to mirror Whittaker's success? But Robert actually beat the best guys (Jacare, Yoel) instead of going this route.

yeah I don't understand gastelums trajectory either. I don't think he can beat the top guys at 185, so rather then get his weight in check and fight at 170, he stays at 185 and takes fights that have no real ramifications for the title picture or top rankings.

You seem to be losing way too much sleep over unimportant crap like this. Who the hell cares anyway, relax.
I'm sure it's not unimportant to the people he's screwed over. What if you planned on seeing Silva vs Gastelum or Gastelum vs Cerrone? What about the potential win and performance bonus Cerrone could have gotten?

Last edited:
He's getting the schaub treatment. For a while there schaub was getting matched up with nothing but senior citizens

I don't blame him for trying to get easy fights against name guys. If anything I blame the UFC for continuing to give him those fights. I think he'll beat Anderson, not really sure who is plan is after that. Rashad?

He has been saying for a while he wants to go back to 170. Its possible they won't let him do so, and its also possible he would rather each burritos all day than lose the 15 pounds.

They do that to build kelvins name, just like they did with Jones

They do that to build kelvins name, just like they did with Jones

The only old opponent I remember Jones fighting before winning the title was Vladimir Matyushenko. As champion he fought Belfort and Cormier and had a hard time against both.

Uh...even if Silva KOs him clean, he's not going to retire.....

Why would a talented, young prospect retire after a couple of losses? He was five or ten seconds from finishing Weidman in the first. As much as I'd love to see a vintage Anderson performance, Kelvin makes it look easy within two.

The only old opponent I remember Jones fighting before winning the title was Vladimir Matyushenko. As champion he fought Belfort and Cormier and had a hard time against both.

Umm rampage,shogun,evans, and machida were not in their prime

Yeah, and I mean we've heard the guy literally say that he doesn't see himself winning the title. I don't know what he's doing with his career at this point. If he wants to make money, he should just go to Bellator.

Fat and lazy... and a coward to boot.

Look at the classy uncrowned middleweight champion, Chris "All American Weidman. Knows he would wipe Anerson Silva on the floor again, so mercifully declines to fight the useless irrelevant old man.

Then you have the fat flabby Gastalum.. wants easy fights all the time. Unprofessional and shamelessly trying to pad his (non-impressive) record:rolleyes:

They could put Alvey against Gastelum. That would teach em for challenging Belfort and Silva.

Man this dude need to get it together, shit. He looks outstanding when he is on though. Its a mistake to fight Anderson right now. He should be showing us fans that he has the discipline to make 170 consistently and make a run for the belt.
th
th

Back