Garbrandt or Dillashaw vs. Cruz? Was the right decision made?

Then what is it?

Does a championship belt mean you're the best in the division? If not, why are there championship belts?
Cagefighting, imo, is cagefighting. Prizefighting. Entertainment.

Does a champion mean you're best? Maybe, maybe not. Bisping, Nunes and the likes are debateable. People want to see fresh matchups and thats the truth. Cruz vs Garbrandt is way more exciting to the public and to me that cruz dillashaw 2. Dillashaw only needs one win then boom he can get the rematch. Instant rematches are shit unless it was a barnburner/robbery, which cruz dillashaw wasnt.

Cagefighting, imo, is cagefighting. Prizefighting. Entertainment.

Does a champion mean you're best? Maybe, maybe not. Bisping, Nunes and the likes are debateable. People want to see fresh matchups and thats the truth. Cruz vs Garbrandt is way more exciting to the public and to me that cruz dillashaw 2. Dillashaw only needs one win then boom he can get the rematch. Instant rematches are shit unless it was a barnburner/robbery, which cruz dillashaw wasnt.

Is boxing a sport? Boxing is prizefighting too.

All sports are entertainment. So idrk what your point is there. If you're a fan of basketball then you're going to be entertained watching a good basketball game. If you're a fan of MMA fighting, you're going to be entertained watching a good MMA fight.

That's really all there is to it.

And if that's how you feel about championships, then just do away with championship belts.

Unless the 2 very best are fighting for the belt every time, we shouldn't even have one. Otherwise we're just marketing fake shit. Who wants that?

Also Dillashaw already got a win after his Cruz fight. Still no rematch.

Is boxing a sport? Boxing is prizefighting too.

All sports are entertainment. So idrk what your point is there. The point is that you're supposed to be a fan of he sport, that's why you're entertained when you're watching it.

And if that's how you feel about championships, then just do away with championship belts.

Unless the very best are fighting for the belt every time, we shouldn't even have one. Otherwise we're just marketing fake shit. Who wants that?

Also Dillashaw already got a win after his Cruz fight. Still no rematch.
I dont consider cagefighting a sport. It's just my opinion there is no point im trying to make. When you said the clear number 2 should fight the champ 7 x in a row is when you lost me. NOBODY wants that. Except you.

I dont consider cagefighting a sport. It's just my opinion there is no point im trying to make. When you said the clear number 2 should fight the champ 7 x in a row is when you lost me. NOBODY wants that. Except you.

Is boxing a sport and if yes, how is it different than MMA?

Explain your opinion...

TJ will fight for the belt soon enough, so nothing lost with Garbrandt vs Cruz

Dillashaw deserves it more, but the Garbrandt fight is still interesting even though he isn't ready for Cruz.
I suspect Cruz rushed this to try to take Garbrandt out before he gets more experience. I am surprised Dillashaw and Faber never fought before Faber retired but oh well. I actually want to see Frankie drop to BW to get a 2nd title. If Aldo holds onto FW and Conor vacates/is stripped and is done fighting at FW Frankie is in Franklin territory. If he wins the BW and Aldo gets knocked off at FW by either Conor or Holloway/Pettis winner then Frankie returns with the BW belt to go for 3 titles.

I think TJ should've got it. Cody hasn't earned it and isn't ready for it. Dom will dance circles around him so fast his neck tattoos will melt right off his body.

Dilly because what's right is right.

Dillashaw being screwed over should really be a lesson to any UFC champ. Your loyalty is worth crap.

Is boxing a sport and if yes, how is it different than MMA?

Explain your opinion...
I consider boxing prizefighting. They are trying to knock the opponent out with blows to the head.

"kill the division"...

WTF are you even talking about?

They make the division fucking horrible to watch. Cruz off 80 knee injuries came back and beat dillashaw at his own game. Now theres a stud bw with real ko power and we're just going to do cruz/dillashaw again so soon? Sounds legit retarded.

Garbrandt is unbeaten, 10-0, hits like a mad truck and just beat another top prospect.

TJ had his shot, will get his next.

No one in their right mind thinks Cody is more deserving, but its definitely a more exciting matchup for the just bleed crew. I'm not mad at it, but I do think TJ should have gotten it.

They make the division fucking horrible to watch. Cruz off 80 knee injuries came back and beat dillashaw at his own game. Now theres a stud bw with real ko power and we're just going to do cruz/dillashaw again so soon? Sounds legit retarded.
Speak for yourself. A rematch has never "killed" a division. Penn/Serra is the only fight that made the UFC do away with a division. And Cruz won but that was one of the closest fights in the history of the UFC.

Speak for yourself. A rematch has never "killed" a division. Penn/Serra is the only fight that made the UFC do away with a division. And Cruz won but that was one of the closest fights in the history of the UFC.

Cruz won pretty clearly 3 2. Not every fight needs an immediate rematch challengers need to work their way back up.

Back