Garbrandt injured

I wish there was some sort of scientific analysis where we could compare pull out rates due to injury/weight cut/missing weight and see if it's increased over the years.

Definitely seems like it's increased lately. Every time I hear about a big fight I think it's 50-50 if it happens. It's not like people are just suddenly training harder, so what's up? We have all of these basically pseudoscientific recovery methods that dumb athletes use and despite them failing they still use them.

1. no PEDs to aid in recovery and injury healing.

2. terrible fuckwits who are S&C coaches.

3. exaggerating injuries to try and wait out a better pay day.

I'll be the first (and definitely was one) to say he hadn't beat anyone GREAT on his way up, but he did look GREAT on his way up. And his win over Dom in the way he did it is more than enough for me to know he's an elite level fighter.

Maybe the fights vs TJ broke him, maybe not, I won't make a decision on that until I see him fight again. But he was pretty close to finishing TJ the first time around so I don't think he's completely outschooled or outgunned by Dillashaw either.

With that said, I still think he's a better fighter than Jimmie is.

doesn't matter, the most deserving contenders in that division are Marlon or Assuncao and TJ is refusing to fight either of them to go down to 125. Guy is a fuckin sham himself.

pretty much this.

people don't recognize Cody definitely has the best offensive boxing in that division, and his defensive boxing is pretty decent too, as long as he's in defensive mode.

the times he gets caught isn't because his defense is shit, it's because he's attacking and he's not thinking.

Cody's biggest problem is his mental game. he gets sucked into brawls because he's too emotionally invested and that causes him to have huge mental lapses.

running into 3 right hands in a row isn't a defensive problem, it's a MENTAL problem. he was too emotional.

it's just like the Nate Diaz/Cerrone fight. Cerrone, on paper, has all the skills to beat Diaz, but because he let Diaz' shit talking get to him, it was easy work for Nate. Cowboy didn't lose because of terrible defense, he lost because he was so angry he kept walking into EVERYTHING.

He needs to stop trying to go for the kill without setting up the shot. He can be a much better fighter when he isn't trying to go balls out.

He needs to stop trying to go for the kill without setting up the shot. He can be a much better fighter when he isn't trying to go balls out.
It's worked out great for him minus 2 fights. What are you talking about. He put on a masterful performance against Dom who decisioned TJ.

It's worked out great for him minus 2 fights. What are you talking about. He put on a masterful performance against Dom who decisioned TJ.
Did he go balls out and try to take out Dom? or did he slip punches and had fun?

that's his whole point.

as long as Cody doesn't force KO's, he fights on a much higher level.

The last thing Cody needs is a heavy puncher. Guy should be off a year, might save his career.

Needs someone to put wrinkles in his boxing game. Two fights with an elite striker like TJ Dillashaw, a southpaw, and he was loading up his right hand. Really amateur stuff right there, and as a top contender, he deserves better.

Cody sends Jimmy to the land of nod imo

It's the cherry picking McGregor era. That's why.

Fighters don't want to fight all the best guys in their division anymore. They want the easiest path to the title and the easiest fights when they have to defend the title, IF they ever defend their title.

It very sad

Back