Garbrandt injured

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

This fight was never official

Previously Cruz broke his arm in preparation vs Rivera.

Last edited:
Cruz might be the only winnable fight for Cody right now. He knows there are guys waiting to take his head clean off.

I wish there was some sort of scientific analysis where we could compare pull out rates due to injury/weight cut/missing weight and see if it's increased over the years.

Definitely seems like it's increased lately. Every time I hear about a big fight I think it's 50-50 if it happens. It's not like people are just suddenly training harder, so what's up? We have all of these basically pseudoscientific recovery methods that dumb athletes use and despite them failing they still use them.

Didn't know they were matched up.

Would have loved to see that fight.

Easy work
RelievedScientificDartfrog-size_restricted.gif
PresentOddballAlaskanmalamute-size_restricted.gif

I've only liked Jimmie once

RelievedScientificDartfrog-size_restricted.gif

I wish there was some sort of scientific analysis where we could compare pull out rates due to injury/weight cut/missing weight and see if it's increased over the years.

Definitely seems like it's increased lately. Every time I hear about a big fight I think it's 50-50 if it happens. It's not like people are just suddenly training harder, so what's up? We have all of these basically pseudoscientific recovery methods that dumb athletes use and despite them failing they still use them.
PEDs speed up recovery a fair amount. USADA is increasing injury rates in my opinion.

Cruz might be the only winnable fight for Cody right now. He knows there are guys waiting to take his head clean off.

Cody starched everyone on the way up and beat Dom decisively, only losing to TJ 2x in his division. But Dom is the only fighter he can beat?

lol, Sherdog is such a funny place man. Guy loses 1 or 2, he's a can and can't beat anyone anymore.

It's the cherry picking McGregor era. That's why.

Fighters don't want to fight all the best guys in their division anymore. They want the easiest path to the title and the easiest fights when they have to defend the title, IF they ever defend their title.

Cody starched everyone on the way up and beat Dom decisively, only losing to TJ 2x in his division. But Dom is the only fighter he can beat?

lol, Sherdog is such a funny place man. Guy loses 1 or 2, he's a can and can't beat anyone anymore.
Perhaps I should have been more detailed. Of the guys in the top 5, Cruz is his best bet to win. Cody had some hype behind him and beat Cruz. But then he ultra cocky and got KO'd twice by Dillashaw, which I believe broke him a bit. The last kind of guy Cody would want right now is a guy with serious KO power. And while you say he was starching guys on his way to the top, let's not act like he has the best resume'. Outside of Cruz, nobody really stands out.

It's the cherry picking McGregor era. That's why.

Fighters don't want to fight all the best guys in their division anymore. They want the easiest path to the title and the easiest fights when they have to defend the title, IF they ever defend their title.
Very sad, but true.

Perhaps I should have been more detailed. Of the guys in the top 5, Cruz is his best bet to win. Cody had some hype behind him and beat Cruz. But then he ultra cocky and got KO'd twice by Dillashaw, which I believe broke him a bit. The last kind of guy Cody would want right now is a guy with serious KO power. And while you say he was starching guys on his way to the top, let's not act like he has the best resume'. Outside of Cruz, nobody really stands out.

I'll be the first (and definitely was one) to say he hadn't beat anyone GREAT on his way up, but he did look GREAT on his way up. And his win over Dom in the way he did it is more than enough for me to know he's an elite level fighter.

Maybe the fights vs TJ broke him, maybe not, I won't make a decision on that until I see him fight again. But he was pretty close to finishing TJ the first time around so I don't think he's completely outschooled or outgunned by Dillashaw either.

With that said, I still think he's a better fighter than Jimmie is.

doesn't matter, the most deserving contenders in that division are Marlon or Assuncao and TJ is refusing to fight either of them to go down to 125. Guy is a fuckin sham himself.

The last thing Cody needs is a heavy puncher. Guy should be off a year, might save his career.

Back