Games Where You Are Or Can Be The Villain

EvilQuest

This, although only truly if you played on a Zek server. With high end gear and some skill, single players could literally shut down entire guilds from doing content. Its been about 15 years and I still remember all of the biggest scumbag a**holes on Tallon Zek.

The gear disparity got so ridiculous late into velious and especially so in Luclin/PoP that if you were in one of the top 3 guilds, you were borderline unkillable by the vast majority of the player base.

I thought farcry 4 was going to start out as the main dude joining the villains army but then it turned into farcry 3's story.

The Mass Effect trilogy...taken over 3 games you can cause the death of everyone close to you, at least 2 suicides and cause entire species to be wiped out...you probably aren't the overall bad guy no matter what but you can be a shithead.

Anyone remember the legacy of kain games? I remember playing as kain in some of them. Pretty fun games if I remember correctly

What are some games that allow you to play as the bad guy? There aren't many i can think of beyond games like Skyrim where you can do bad things but are ultimately pushed towards heroic actions.

A game like Star Wars:The Old Republic let's you play as a bad guy from the get go. I hear Tyranny is a game where you play the bad guy.

bump because I just saw there's a 'villain protagonist' tag on steam. The new Dungeons 3 game is supposed to be good.

Well that isn't true....In KOTOR you don't really start as a villain.

Yes you can do fucked up shit thru choices but the path is still the same...You are allied with the good guys, and you still kill the bad guys.

Not in KOTOR 2 though. Shit ending, but I hear there's a mod that makes it a little bit better.

GOAT Starwars sim
Swtiefightercd.jpg

No wavering, just putting in work for the Emperor, Vader and Thrawn.

Hail the Empire!

Holy invasion of privacy badman! What did I do to deserve this, my Lord?

It's fucking stupid how Fallout 3 and 4 force you to be the good guy in a way and 4 even removed the karma points system.
Bethesda: We're dropping the karma system for pt4.
Joe: Are you using New Vegas' reputation system?
Bethesda: No.
Joe: Then what?
Bethesda: You're actions will only matter to seven people in the game world and it'll be the same ending no matter what faction you use.
Joe(kills self)

There was a game called Overlord and Overlord 2, I never played it but my friend did and he said you lead your minions to destroy villages and stuff.

Also, The Sims. My back yard is full of graves lol

Just play the Sims and pretend you are Jigsaw. Its hilarious.

Major Spoiler

PS3 game.

heavy rain.

Gta series
The Darkness series
Kane and Lynch series
Wario Land series
Overlord
God of War series
Prototype series
Braid
Heavy Rain
Saints Row series
Starcraft (the Zerg)
Killzone series

replied before I read your list.

doh.

Dont remember anything coming close to having Zaalbaar kill the blue girl in Knights of the Old Republic, that was brutal.

Vampire: The Masquerade. The name gives the bloodsucking away, but they're more anti-heroes.

Jurassic Park Rampage Edition on Genesis you can be the raptorgfs_38931_2_2.jpg

Would Kratos from GOW be viewed as a villain? He literally kills all the Gods and anyone in his way (including Gaia aka mother Earth)

Back