Games Where You Are Or Can Be The Villain

Lovestorm

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
What are some games that allow you to play as the bad guy? There aren't many i can think of beyond games like Skyrim where you can do bad things but are ultimately pushed towards heroic actions.

A game like Star Wars:The Old Republic let's you play as a bad guy from the get go. I hear Tyranny is a game where you play the bad guy.

Dungeon Keeper if you want to go old school.

Came to say Dungeon Keeper, since its original marketing premise was you get to be the bad guy.

Generally a lot of rts games allow you to play campaigns as the villains:

-the Harkonnens in the Dune games
-the Orcs in the first two Warcraft games, and the undead in the third
-Brotherhood of Nod in the Command and Conquer games

any online sandbox. we used to gangrape ppl in EVE online with my friends for example.

250px-Destroy_All_Humans_box_art_for_the_PlayStation_2.jpg

Gears of War series has been traditionally great at this. But the campaign where you use General Raam takes the cake.

rshadow_c_02-e1323771457514.jpg

You can definitely be the bad guy in Tyranny. The overall story isn't going to change, but the details behind the choices you make can be legitimately evil if you want. There are also less major decisions you can make that are wholly cruel. I liked it a good bit, although I agree with the seemingly general sentiment that Act 3 is a letdown.

Fallout New Vegas

Aren't mostly all FPS games about "evil" guys? I mean Nathan Drake from Uncharted series has killed how many people throughout his 4 games????? He's probably top 3 if we are talking about video game mass murderers...

Basically any game with a morality system.

Mass Effect series.
KOTOR1&2
Red Dead Redemption
Fallout series

Back