GamerGate News & Discussion v3: Listen and Believe, SOCJUS

I think he just wants to play it safe. Hold on to what he has.

That makes sense. That HotWheels guy, who started that message board was saying that he didn't want to cater too much to gamergate because he had to look ahead to when gamergate is done. Pakman is probably thinking the same thing. When GG is over a lot of those people won't be watching his program anyway. I was only interested in his GG segments, and I am sure I am not alone in that.

http://www.portalcelebrinando.com/2014/11/sam-houser-responds-anita-sarkeesian.html

Sam Houser, creator and executive producer of Grand Theft Auto series, decided to answer the accusations of Anita:

"We just don't believe it is a kid's-only industry anymore and hasn't been for years. The game have an M rating. We adhere very strictly to the ratings system and take the ESRB guidelines on marketing mature rated product very seriously. What are the alternatives? Censorship? I sincerely hope not. We hope people will see the game for what it is, an incredible piece of software aimed and marketed at the core of the gaming audience, and presented with humor, like certain kinds of gangster films. There is nothing in the game more or less violent than an episode of the Sopranos, but because it is a videogame, people react differently. Not sure why...". He said to IGN.

http://www.portalcelebrinando.com/2014/11/sam-houser-responds-anita-sarkeesian.html

Sam Houser, creator and executive producer of Grand Theft Auto series, decided to answer the accusations of Anita:

"We just don't believe it is a kid's-only industry anymore and hasn't been for years. The game have an M rating. We adhere very strictly to the ratings system and take the ESRB guidelines on marketing mature rated product very seriously. What are the alternatives? Censorship? I sincerely hope not. We hope people will see the game for what it is, an incredible piece of software aimed and marketed at the core of the gaming audience, and presented with humor, like certain kinds of gangster films. There is nothing in the game more or less violent than an episode of the Sopranos, but because it is a videogame, people react differently. Not sure why...". He said to IGN.

He forgot to add...

Lot's of people enjoy role playing in a fantasy world that is completely unrealistic and will pay money to play it and as a software company, they will make lot's of money to provide this opportunity.

I'll start volume 4 tonight, copy and paste everything from the first few posts in this thread.

Geordie Tait and Mike Cernovich had a stream.

Honestly, instead of hating Tait, I kinda feel sorry for him. Hopefully he'll realize the errors of his way and change.

WAM is the group that might be responsible for censoring some GGers on Twitter. What the hell is wrong with Twitter, giving an agenda group so much power? Well, IA posted this (it has since been taken down but still funny):
B2zG4ahCcAAG2sI.png

Sadly, the real "What People Say" link isn't funny, it's a bit creepy.

And some humor that echos Poe's Law:
1416386585102.jpg

It seems like I remember reading/hearing about Rockstar admitting they paid people in the media to go out and say their game was "too violent/offensive" because they (brilliantly) knew that would draw the ire of some people and make others want to play it even more.

I'm at the point where I think that FemFreq has a significant portion of money invested in the games he/she blasts on the Twitter account. (I used he/she there because Anita's boyfriend, McIntosh, writes a lot of her stuff, which brings up an interesting dynamic of a real trope, a woman needing a man to write her viewpoints so she can get fame, glory, and especially $$$$)

Back