#GamerGate Discussion & News v2: Let's Get Zoe A Card

Last edited:
You'd be amazed at the number of people on the political left who are either done or almost close to being done with both the MSM and their own political group by the way said group has blindly labeled them as a hate group and a bunch of misogynists.

This whole ordeal has just driven me further into being an independent loner.

And I agree with your take completely. I'm from a very rural place, poor, and speak with a strong southern American accent. Yet these trust fund babies want to talk about privilege and oppression. They can't see that they're both hypocrites and self-flagellators. Their oppression is the epitome of first world oppression. Yet at the same time, these people are cold blooded and typically engage in the type of vitriol they accuse hate groups of engaging.

It's frustrating, man. As you said, its driven me further into being an independent, but it's a bit depressing. Especially being a minority, you're taught that progressives are far more likely to have your back. And while it's easier, perhaps, to navigate and live in progressive communities, I'm pretty done with it. I judge my friends on how they treat me, but I judge them more on how they treat others.

Leagon's a good guy.

Haha...I try. Thanks, man.

Da_Rev_Ong said:
Not only that, but the pundits standing atop the Media pile have succeeded in pissing off the common gamer. After the collective assault articles were put out on September 28, the folks who wouldn't normally care about what the guys at Gawker, UBM, et al stood up and started paying attention. Part of the reason why support for GG jumped so much was because the folks who just wanted to be left alone found themselves attacked and smeared with extreme prejudice. Up until that point, they just wanted to be left alone.

It perplexes me that folks try to make the claim that a factor of "consumer backlash" is non-existent within the ranks of GG. Could you imagine the backlash the Hearst Corporation would have suffered if there were large editorial pieces within Road and Track or Car and Driver decrying consumers who own standard gas vehicles as old men who enable terrorists and don't have the where-with-all to know that not using an electric/hybrid vehicle contributes to the sexual mutilation of females in third world countries? You'd be damn sure folks would be calling for their heads. Hell, even the folks who don't subscribe to those magazines would be incensed. It would be obvious.

And here gamers are, still being demonized. Yeah, this isn't going to go away.

Very true. This is what brought me in. I was following the Quinnspiracy, then took some time away from the internet. Then I made a Twitter and started seeing all this shit about gamers being sexists, racists, a dying culture, bigots, etc and was like WTF? Really strange move on their part.

It's frustrating, man. As you said, its driven me further into being an independent, but it's a bit depressing. Especially being a minority, you're taught that progressives are far more likely to have your back. And while it's easier, perhaps, to navigate and live in progressive communities, I'm pretty done with it. I judge my friends on how they treat me, but I judge them more on how they treat others.

Haha...I try. Thanks, man.

Very true. This is what brought me in. I was following the Quinnspiracy, then took some time away from the internet. Then I made a Twitter and started seeing all this shit about gamers being sexists, racists, a dying culture, bigots, etc and was like WTF? Really strange move on their part.

I don't want to derail the thread, so I'll try to keep this short.

I've seen the progressive elements of the press try to paint everyone on the right as hatemongers. Although I live in a deep red state and can't identify with too many people politically, I can tell you that I don't live among people who hate other people. The vast majority of people who live around here are very good people who help each other out. Seeing them being painted in the same vein as Stormfronters by certain elements of the left has really pissed me off. I may vehemently disagree with the politics of many people I cross on a daily basis, but they are not bad people.

I could go further into the whole political side of GG, but it usually alienates some people. What I personally see are a group of people mostly on the left (GG) being outflanked by the progressive, self-described oppressed leftists (anti-GG).

So the timeline is, that Grayson and Quinn's relationship began days after he wrote an article about her (free) game, and linking to it? Or was it a bigger gap?

So the timeline is, that Grayson and Quinn's relationship began days after he wrote an article about her (free) game, and linking to it? Or was it a bigger gap?

It's still up in the air at the moment. Grayson was credited on Depression Quest in February of 2013. So we don't know if that means they knew each other well then or he was just a tester. Conflicting evidence.

But it shows the potential that Grayson lied to Totilo, and that would require further action - unless, of course, Totilo doesn't care and fully admits he doesn't give a shit about journalistic integrity. The fact that he didn't punish one of his "journalists" for sleeping with someone he covered is proof enough that Totilo really doesn't care for those sensible standards.

On a side note, I find it funny that a group of consumers are finding these links and not someone who has a master's degree in journalism. Totilo tried to bury the controversy early by saying the affair happened after his journalist had written a piece about the subject, but that could come back to haunt him.

I don't want to derail the thread, so I'll try to keep this short.

I've seen the progressive elements of the press try to paint everyone on the right as hatemongers. Although I live in a deep red state and can't identify with too many people politically, I can tell you that I don't live among people who hate other people. The vast majority of people who live around here are very good people who help each other out. Seeing them being painted in the same vein as Stormfronters by certain elements of the left has really pissed me off. I may vehemently disagree with the politics of many people I cross on a daily basis, but they are not bad people.

I could go further into the whole political side of GG, but it usually alienates some people. What I personally see are a group of people mostly on the left (GG) being outflanked by the progressive, self-described oppressed leftists (anti-GG).

Oh, absolutely. I've come to understand this as I've gotten older. The problem is more about experience than race. People that aren't familiar with people of different colors may react weird or uncomfortably. I've never had any problems with conservatives who are comfortable around minorities and find Southerners in particular to be the best of America, in many ways.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29741802

More appalling journalism from the BBC. (No not you Ghost)

barack-obama-sunglasses-pointing.jpg

It's still up in the air at the moment. Grayson was credited on Depression Quest in February of 2013. So we don't know if that means they knew each other well then or he was just a tester. Conflicting evidence.

But it shows the potential that Grayson lied to Totilo, and that would require further action - unless, of course, Totilo doesn't care and fully admits he doesn't give a shit about journalistic integrity. The fact that he didn't punish one of his "journalists" for sleeping with someone he covered is proof enough that Totilo really doesn't care for those sensible standards.

On a side note, I find it funny that a group of consumers are finding these links and not someone who has a master's degree in journalism. Totilo tried to bury the controversy early by saying the affair happened after his journalist had written a piece about the subject, but that could come back to haunt him.

But what's the official line? Wasn't it still only a week or something between the article and the start of a sexual relationship? It's just this constantly comes up by both sides, one saying they fucked for the article, the other simply saying the allegations were completely false and not acknowledging a relationship took place.

There isn't anything official as of yet. We have to have more evidence before knowing. Check out the Ralph Retort post. He seems to think it's a smoking gun, but he might be jumping the gun a little on it. We just don't know as of right now.

The narrative had been that they didn't know each other too well before the Grayson article publicizing (not reviewing) Zoe's DQ. This could be evidence that that whole narrative was false, and if that's the case, either Grayson lied to Totilo or Totilo just wanted to bury the story (and his head in the sand).

Soooo i'm a black guy who is also activity supporting the KKK by supporting the gamergate cause?

I see....

Shit, I thought I was the only black guy actively supporting the KKK (or was it ISIS? Nazis? I get my false equivalences mixed up) by supporting Gamergate.

Yes we get it you don't care about video games i'm sure you have hobbies I think are stupid and a waste of money to.

You are too embedded in the misconceptions of the video game industry as a whole for your own good. The video game industry is an over $20 billion dollar industry in the U.S. alone (and over $80 billion dollar industry worldwide). Teenagers and children do not have the means to support that type of revenue. It's an industry that's been supported, developed, and continues to thrive off of the vision, work, and disposable income of employed adults. The video game industry hasn't been Mom and Dad buying games for little Johnny and Julie grade schoolers since the mid-90's. It has been Mom and Dad buying games for themselves.

And yes, over 43% of gamers are women.

The simple thing that many people (yourself included) do not recognize is that gamers do not consist of "a legion of sexually repressed virgins." On the contrary, the everyday person is most likely a gamer. Just your "Joe/Jill average" types you see every day, in every walk of life. Like most fans of any entertainment media they're not going balls out flying their fandom like merit badges, just like most folks who enjoy sports or particular movie genres. They just want to be able to enjoy their entertainment without anyone attacking what they like, or being attacked for what they do.

If you're shocked that this is "actually a thing..." I advise you to look at it outside of your own small box. I would say it might be rather revelatory.

You guys are making presumptions about my views and my hobbies. I play video games. I have for a couple of decades. So I actually do "care about video games" just not enough to think that ethics in video game journalism is an important issue in the world today. And no I don't think all gamers are sexually repressed virgins. However, if you do think that video game journalism is an important issue worth creating online movements for then the odds are that you are in fact a sexually repressed virgin or a neckbeard or a basement dweller or a mouthbreather or some combination thereof. This is not the sort of shit that grown adults with lives should get worked up about. If someone writes an article debasing "gamers"..why the fuck would you care enough to get your jimmies rustled as a grown ass man? My theory is that its likely because some of what is being written actually hits close to home and causes those afflicted to become defensive. I'm not at all bothered about anything that is written about gamers because my life isn't defined by being a gamer and if yours is (and you're over 16) then I feel bad for you son.

I'm not at all bothered about anything that is written about gamers because my life isn't defined by being a gamer and if yours is (and you're over 16) then I feel bad for you son.

Let's pretend you're right and some hobbies are objectively more noble than others. Would it be valid to be outraged by GamerGate on behalf of our sons, daughters, students and young neighbors that may be great kids and don't deserve to have the media misrepresent them as anti-social misogynists?

You guys are making presumptions about my views and my hobbies. I play video games. I have for a couple of decades. So I actually do "care about video games" just not enough to think that ethics in video game journalism is an important issue in the world today. And no I don't think all gamers are sexually repressed virgins. However, if you do think that video game journalism is an important issue worth creating online movements for then the odds are that you are in fact a sexually repressed virgin or a neckbeard or a basement dweller or a mouthbreather or some combination thereof. This is not the sort of shit that grown adults with lives should get worked up about. If someone writes an article debasing "gamers"..why the fuck would you care enough to get your jimmies rustled as a grown ass man? My theory is that its likely because some of what is being written actually hits close to home and causes those afflicted to become defensive. I'm not at all bothered about anything that is written about gamers because my life isn't defined by being a gamer and if yours is (and you're over 16) then I feel bad for you son.

I think people who get annoyed by people tired of shitty video game coverage are probably pedophiles.

Baseless speculation works both ways. And if you think people who care about unethical, agenda-pushing gaming media outlets are pathetic for getting worked up over nothing, it's even worse to get worked up about those same mouth-breathers.

Anyone read this shit?

Gamergate needs to be about zoe. Cultural marxism/pomo/social justice is a fucking cancer. It took over journalism, parts of academia, bureaucracy(corporate and government), scifi lit, skepticism, etc. You can not make this shit go away by arguing about game journos. It will come back stronger. Zoe is like a membrane protein that you can use to turn the cancer against itself. Given her horrible behavior, it is fucking insane how she is still defended. There are multiple victims and evidence documenting her lies and abuse. People will come to see this and may realize the absurd scope of the dishonest narrative being presented. If you can turn a chunk of SJWs against it, the movement's regular defenses completely cease to work and it becomes open to criticism from all. They fucked themselves defending an obvious serial abuser. Do not let this go.

Ladies and gentlemen, after being called misogynists, liars, fascists, ISIS, Nazis, Hitler, neckbeards, virgins, and rapists, I didn't think we could be called anything worse.

But today was a glorious day. Thank you, Mr. Schreier.

e2bfe306532c56d6b227184835414e7d8110372d.jpg

That is from here.

Anyone read this shit?

Gamergate needs to be about zoe. Cultural marxism/pomo/social justice is a fucking cancer. It took over journalism, parts of academia, bureaucracy(corporate and government), scifi lit, skepticism, etc. You can not make this shit go away by arguing about game journos. It will come back stronger. Zoe is like a membrane protein that you can use to turn the cancer against itself. Given her horrible behavior, it is fucking insane how she is still defended. There are multiple victims and evidence documenting her lies and abuse. People will come to see this and may realize the absurd scope of the dishonest narrative being presented. If you can turn a chunk of SJWs against it, the movement's regular defenses completely cease to work and it becomes open to criticism from all. They fucked themselves defending an obvious serial abuser. Do not let this go.

I think it's best for GG to move past Zoe. I view her as a relevant footnote, the catalyst for action, but she's being used right now as a victim of GG. And to be fair, some really horrible things have been done to her, things that are worse than anything she did to everyone not named Eron Gjoni (her ex-boyfriend she abused) and maybe Wizardchan and TFYC.

GG is both about reforming a media that has no professional or ethical boundaries between "journalists" and subjects, as well as agenda pushers using their platforms to promote a rigid brand of sociopolitical ideologies. The latter is more about SJWs. It's definitely a part of GG, but it's best to limit mentions of Zoe.

Gaming "news" has often been a masquerade to push intolerantly progressive stances into gaming. These "journalists" don't see any deal with writing articles such as "Straight White Male: The Lowest Difficulty Setting There Is" or "Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male." It's an infestation, and GG is playing the role of exterminators.

Also, thanks for the link. I almost stopped reading at the mention of trigger warnings, but glad I continued.
Ladies and gentlemen, after being called misogynists, liars, fascists, ISIS, Nazis, Hitler, neckbeards, virgins, and rapists, I didn't think we could be called anything worse.

But today was a glorious day. Thank you, Mr. Schreier.

e2bfe306532c56d6b227184835414e7d8110372d.jpg

That is from here.

Those are honestly the PG-rated things we've been called.

I love how these middle-to-upper class Amerocentric white people are calling minorities "Uncle Toms" and women "house ni-ggers" for supporting GamerGate and NotYourShield. It shows how mentally deranged they are.

I think it's best for GG to move past Zoe. I view her as a relevant footnote, the catalyst for action, but she's being used right now as a victim of GG. And to be fair, some really horrible things have been done to her, things that are worse than anything she did to everyone not named Eron Gjoni (her ex-boyfriend she abused) and maybe Wizardchan and TFYC.

GG is both about reforming a media that has no professional or ethical boundaries between "journalists" and subjects, as well as agenda pushers using their platforms to promote a rigid brand of sociopolitical ideologies. The latter is more about SJWs. It's definitely a part of GG, but it's best to limit mentions of Zoe.

Gaming "news" has often been a masquerade to push intolerantly progressive stances into gaming. These "journalists" don't see any deal with writing articles such as "Straight White Male: The Lowest Difficulty Setting There Is" or "Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male." It's an infestation, and GG is playing the role of exterminators.

Also, thanks for the link. I almost stopped reading at the mention of trigger warnings, but glad I continued.

Those are honestly the PG-rated things we've been called.

I love how these middle-to-upper class Amerocentric white people are calling minorities "Uncle Toms" and women "house ni-ggers" for supporting GamerGate and NotYourShield. It shows how mentally deranged they are.

I had to read the Straight White Male: Lowest Difficulty Setting article because I thought you were just making up a random title. I couldn't believe it was for real. Not only is it real, but there are a bunch of articles discussing the article. There was even something on Cracked mocking the 5 worst white male responses to the article.

What the hell happened to Cracked? When I used to go to the site a long time ago it was funny and now its just a bunch of SJW bullshit.

Looks like Joe Rogan might be sympathetic to our cause.
65xOe93.png

Right click, view image to make it larger.

Back